Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynne

Everyday Minerals Cult

question...... i was just looking at the em site, and it looks like they no longer show the quantity in their jars! nothing shows how much you get for what price you pay..... not even how many wipes you get! am i missing something?? i love em, but this kind of sucks. i know you generally get a good deal for what you pay, but i would like to know how much i'm getting before i order it.

Click this link. They also have a forum where you can ask questions about products. Everyone is really helpful there.

https://www.everydayminerals.com/index.php?...Itemid=52#faq32

ahhh, i see. seems kind of silly and unprofessional to me, but okay. (please don't get me wrong, i love their products, this is just a big let down for me.)

I posted asking for help at the Everyday Minerals site asking for help covering acne, but I haven't gotten much help. Maybe someone here can help!

I have the following products at my disposal, but recommendations are welcome too.

The flat top brush

Start to Finish in fair

Pick Me Up Pink (pearl)

Mint Concealer

Intensive Concealer Fair

Multi-Intensive Concealer

Fair Neutral Semi Matte Foundation

Fair Neutral Matte Foundation

Sandy Fair Matte Foundation (can you tell I'm super pale?)

Sunlight Concealer

I've tried the following...

Moisturizing, applying start to finish fair, applying PMUP, then applying concealer to blemishes. I put sunlight under my eyes and then I mix a bit of mint with intensive fair. I've been doing it dry. Then I buff on 2-3 layers of foundation on top of that, then another layer of start to finish fair.

After reading some of the posts in this thread this morning, I tried applying the concealers with a slightly damp concealer brush. This did seem to work better. However, it still isn't good enough! You can still definitely see those nasty spots (and the red and purpley marks from the old acne) poking through all over the place.

Sigh. I miss my flawless skin. :(

this is what i do that seems to work for me..... for me, i actually found applying concealer after my foundation to be a much better method of covering acne. i start with a dusting of finishing powder (doesn't matter which one,) use sunlight concealer just under eyes, 1-2 layers of foundation, then i go back over pimples with a little sunlight concealer (i find this is awesome, awesome stuff to cut down on the redness,) and dab on rather than brush on, if that makes sense. so what i do is get some concealer on the brush and pat on red spots. start light and layer if necessary. my skin has yellow undertones, so i don't have a problem with it blending into my foundation (golden fawn.) i do this all dry, i found wetting the brush to be a hassle and not offer much more coverage.

i could never get the hang of using a green concealer, but this is also supposed to be really good and cutting down redness. be really careful about how much of this stuff you use though. the best advice i can give you is use light layers and build up coverage. don't pack on foundation--it will just end up looking cakey. i like to just use a couple layers and extra concealer where i need it. :)

Hey Guys! :dance:

I'm new to being a member but have been checking out this site for about 5 or 6 months now. Just recently on the message boards.

First of all - long story short ... my skin has been crazy this past year and esp the past 3 or 4 months. Used to use Bare Minerals but it's expensive and I found out can be "bad" for acne prone skin. I think that's a big problem but I loved the coverage!!! Then found Everyday Minerals. Oh my goodness. Got 2 free sample kits (I wanted to try several colors and options - lol) and got them yesterday. I've been so eager to try them I couldn't wait for this morning. EXCITEDLY noticed my skin is having a decent day today too! What a great combo.

So far - love it. I didn't try everything I normally would but did a minimal dusting of foundation and blush and LOVE love LOVE it! I barely even tried and it's fabulous. I can't wait to see how it works long term. I'm thinking I've found something not only affordable but that my skin likes too. Can't wait to tell my mom since i just got her into Mineral Makeup in general. Thanks for all the tips. I'm gonna try the flocked sponge thing b/c sometimes I like to try it wet! You get a different look than just powder. Great thinking.

Hi there,

Great forum! I am fairly new to the EM cult but am becoming a quick convert! I’ve read thru many of the posts and am so excited about the tips I want to try.

With my first order I didn’t get an exact color match, though the multitasking foundation (intensive) and multi concealer work the best so far. I have a new sample kit on it’s way and hope to find my true match!

I am still playing around the application as my skin tends to fluctuate between incredibly dry to incredibly oily by the hour depending on acne product usage, weather, and where I am with my hormones at the time, lol.

So I haven’t mastered how to make an active pimple look good covered with EM (it just looks really cakey and obvious) but if I have no active breakouts I can cover up the flat red marks and hyperpigmentation fairly well. Right now my skin is pretty clear only one active pimple that I think it on it’s way out.

Anyway, I have a list of EM questions based on my experience so far:

1. I am not getting a perfect coverage. My pores are showing thru and looking very large and obvious. What does that mean that my face is too dry or too wet? Could this be b/c I am not waiting long enough for my moisturizer to dry before applying the minerals? How long should I wait?

2. Is it safe to workout with EM on? I know you’re not supposed to wear makeup when you workout but I HATE going to the gym with my horrible bare skin exposed. I would think it’s better than working out in a liquid foundation with cover up and pressed powder on. That’s what I was doing before just to stave off the embarrassment..

3. Is it okay to fall asleep in ocassionally? I read in the forum old posts that people sleep in silk dust as it actually helps the skin overnight. I checked the EM website and can’t find silk dust anywhere. Was this product discontinued? Is there another one that behaves the same way?

4. When you mix the powder with moisturizer and water for a wet application, are you still supposed to use the kabuki brush to apply or a foundation brush? I tried the wet application to see if it made my pores less noticeable but it ended up looking not natural.

5. Lastly, I am 39 y/o and even tho I have young looking skin (thanks to overactive sebum glands that are great for wrinkles but horrible for zits!) find that I have to avoid applying the dry mineral around my eye area or it accentuates the fine lines and crows feet when I smile, which are normally not noticeable w/o under eye makeup. Does anyone have any tips for this? I end up with a flawless looking tone everywhere else except under my eyes where it looks darker and different.

Thanks! I’m not sure if this board is still active but I look forward to your replies!

Lastly, has anyone tried their puff jar???? Is it mainly for wet applications?? How does it work?? Per their description it's sifted up thru the sponge?? I'd luv to hear anyone's thoughts on it that may have tried it.

I love it! I got a bronzer puff jar as a free sample with my last order, and I'm addicted! I have really light skin too, but it seems to work nicely at blending itself out and not looking too harsh :)

My only concern is that I can't wash the applicator puff thing :(

Joining the EM club! I'm going to order my sample kit tonight and hope for the best! Right now I use Loreal's version of mineral makeup (Bare Naturale???) and I don't care for the unnatural "luminous" shine it leaves. It also doesn't have the staying power I'm looking for, and touching it up is pretty much impossible. I work 12+ hour shifts so I need makeup with staying power, and mineral makeup has outlasted both Revlon's Colorstay and Almay's TLC. The Loreal MMU has lasted longer, but leaves a terrible appearrance on my skin regardless how long I buff, how long after I let the moisturizer set...even my few flakes from BP rid themselves of the makeup after a few hours on the job! Very frustrating! I've been playing around with MOM to "shrinken" pores and work as a makeup primer, but by the end of my shift I have white residue on my T-zone and NO makeup! Since I have flakes I moisturize, and since I have oily skin in places I try to take care of it in those places...ugh! What's a woman to do?

I've read several pages (~20, not all 98 pages) and have really enjoyed seeing the various tips and tried to make the Loreal work. Unfortunately, I just don't think it's going to. Can't wait to see how the EM works out from what everyone says! I'm also interested in seeing how this MMU deals with the wrinkles and crow's feet. I'm a blonde with skin damage from former sunbathing (oh to talk to that child in me years ago...grrr!). Actually the MMU has not made the few wrinkles look anything as bad as liquid makeup has...we'll see!

Thrilled to join the club and share some tips once I have some!

OK I must be an idiot, b/c I tried the techniques listed here for mixing the concealer w/ moisturizer or water to get better coverage and it just looked like smeared paint on my face! :( What am I doing wrong?

FYI - I am makeup "challenged" so please bear w/ me. :)

I joined the EM bandwagon for a while but ended up jumping off because I wasn't happy with the way it looked on me

There definitely wasn't enough coverage for my liking - I tried putting it on wet, dry, mixing colours, mixing concealers, tried different brushes, you name it I tried it...coverage was never enough for me, and I found when I got close to get any decent amount of coverage my face looked very wierd, can't really explain it

I ended up using a different liquid foundation with EM over top to get a look I was happy with

It made a royal mess of my bathroom too! My boyfriend was constantly complaining about powder EVERYWHERE!

The one product I loved was Silk Dust so I am very sad they aren't making it anymore! I'm using the last few weeks worth right now and am not looking forward to running out!

My skin did clear up a small bit for a few weeks then right back to the usual, so I'm not convinced that makeup is even remotely my problem

Zigg123 - try spritzing water on your concealer brush (or run it under water and wipe the excess water out until its just damp), then work some of the concealer into the brush (I used the lid of my concealer container for this) until its almost a thick paste

Dab it on the area you want to cover gently and keep dabbing until it blends more evenly. Let it dry a bit then use a dry brush (another concealer brush or soft eyeshadow brush, or even a q-tip would work) to gently buff the excess concealer off - you don't want to wipe it all, just blend it enough that it looks more natural!

If you are using a bigger brush to put cover up all over, then try dipping your brush into the concealer, tapping off the excess and give the brush a quick light spritz of water and buff the concealer on gently

I have officially fallen in love with Everyday Minerals. After ordering 3 sample sets in different shades and "finishes" ie: matte, original glow, etc, I've finally found my match.

Favorite:

Foundation:

Sunkissed Fair in Original Glow

Concealer:

Fair Intensive

Pick Me Up Pink (great for mixing with sunkissed fair for undereyes)

Blush:

Photo Album *I LOVE this blush*

I still want to order more samples, I have this little sample drawer in my makeup organizer, and it's totally full... I still want to try so many blushes (Homework, Girl's Day, DVR Sunday, Cookie sheet) and concealers (like the Aussie Perk Me Up and Sunlight color corrector). Has anybody tried the blushes I just listed by the way? Any feedback?

As far as application goes, I use the "skunk brush" or the big 187 from Mac (I don't know the # - acnebattle, help me out here? =]) to apply a light layer of foundation. I apply concealer before foundation with a tiny dense concealer brush. Sometimes I use a cream concealer from Quo with a thick consistency for more coverage on darker red marks. I apply blush with an angled blush brush.

So I also wanted to mention that at first, I felt that my face was an oil slick by the end of the day, turning my makeup too dewy and muddy looking. I read a bunch of product reviews on primers and decided to go get a sample of the Make up Forever's Micro HD Powder from Sephora. I now have (I know I'm bad) gone back and gotten 2 more samples because I love it. My makeup lasts a lot longer throughout the day, and I sometimes don't have to blot the oil from my face at all during the day (and I have very oily skin).

So I finally figured out how to maximize the effectiveness of EDM makeup. I love this stuff, now I know why Wynne used the term "cult" in her title... Haha! =]

Glad you like what you're trying :D. I haven't tried any of those blushes but I think a few of them are popular choices, like DVR sunday and cookie sheet.

That micro HD powder sounds pretty amazing :think: I remember wondering how well it works last time I was at sephora....I think I will buy it sometime this summer

Hi all!! I went back to using Bare Minerals a few weeks ago after not having used it for a few years. Then I came across this blog and ordered the sample kit from EM. I have been using it for about a week and am now breaking out like crazy!! Wonder if it's the BM from a few days ago? Or maybe the EM intensive made me break out? I've heard that can happen. I am so frustrated... Alsol, I am using olive shades wich match my skin great but have the chromium oxide or whatever in them and I am allergic to nickel (the two are related).

Has anyone experienced break outs due to any of these things?

Please share! Thanks! :)

Everyday Minerals used to do a mineral 'sunscreen' powder a few years ago, as I bought some. Does anybody know whether it has been discontinued or renamed?

I am about to order some EDM makeup but I don't see a code for a discount. Did they stop doing this? I know that three samples will come with my purchase but, yeah, no code for a discount :(. If it still exists, I'm not sure where it is. Does anyone know?

If this question has already been asked, I do apologize - 99 pages is just too much to go through. And thanks for everyone's replies on the thread, they have been such a help!

I'm about to order some samples and need some help. I'm having trouble choosing my color, but I'll figure that out somehow, right? What I'm confused on is which type I should choose: original glo, matte, semi-matte, or intensive. I've been trying to read on here and on MUA but there is just so much and I haven't found the detail I need to choose which type.

I'm wanting a much more natural look; NOT shiny - as in a sheen, kind of like how bronzer is, don't want that; good coverage for my red marks; but NOT cakey. My skin is the type that tans easily and doesn't burn- I guess it is somewhat naturally tanner. I have no clue as to whether my undertones are golden or peachy or whatever they were stating on the website. My hair is medium brown and my eyes are green. Matte sounds appealing to me, because I guess that's the look I want, but semi-matte sounds good too, don't understand intensive, original glo sounds like what I'm not going for, but maybe I'm wrong.

Here is a picture of my skin (cheek) from my acne.org photo log. You can check it out to get more of a feel for my skin tone if you want. This is a much better picture of my skin, as in acne wise, then the rest of the log, but I figured this picture had more of my natural skin color displayed than just tons of acne.

Thank you so much!

post-105601-1247088396_thumb.jpg

post-105601-1247088396_thumb.jpg

There are descriptions of the different formulas on the site but I can tell you that o-glo has a shiny look to it. It's mean for dry skin. Intensive is matte but has the most coverage. Matte is probably light to medium coverage with, obviously, a matte finish. Which I imagine means semi-matte is somewhere between matte and semi-matte. All of these can look cakey depending on how you apply, usually applying too much. My best tip, is to wear a liquid foundation that controls oil underneath and wear a light, well-blended layer of EDM powder on top. It looks great (again, depending on how well you apply it)

As far as color goes, your best bet is to just try out colors. I know I have olive skin but some of their olive colors, light-olive for example, seem very orange. I would've never guessed unless I tried it. Even then it took me a while to realize that it wasn't quite right. It can be a long process but it's really worth it once you find your perfect color(s). If any one color doesn't do the trick then you might have to make your own by mixing. My last tip is to post on the EDM messageboards for help. I think there are more people there who are more familiar with the colors and could give better or more advice/suggestions

Ok if anyone can help me out or even give me a guess that would be helpful! lol

Ok so I used bare minerals before in just the medium cool shade and it matched my skin great. I ordered EM samples and can not find any I chose that match my skin. Everything is looking to orange. I ordered the buttered tan and the medium summer.

If anyone has used the medium bare minerals shade before, what matched your skin best from EM? Or if anyone has any guesses, that helps too because I am beyond confused lol

Do you have a photo of yourself in natural light, no makeup? Alternatively, you could post on the EDM forums to find a match as well.

Silk Naturals has sampler foundation kits which include a pure white base, and several pigments of different tones, and you mix your own foundation. It's difficult to pick a foundation online, so that may help -- I haven't found a -perfect- match with MMU, so I think I may try that next. It's also convenient since you can lighten or darken foudnation for the seasons.

I just received my first batch of samples. Those baby containers are a real bitch to use! Hardly anything comes out, even when flipped upside down and shaken. I got a mix of the intensive, matte and glo and I didn't notice much coverage. I topped it off with the BM well rested and it worked. Since this is only my first day, who knows what will happen but I hope for the best. If I could stop spending $25 a pop on BM that would make me very happy.

Has anyone bought those mixing pots off the EDM site? Or are there anything like it at CVS or something I can just pick up?

This sucks majorly, but the custom kits are gone and prices for the same amount of product that they offered in the custom kits have doubled (12 foundations = $144). I think they do some sort of wierd discount program if you order more than a certain amount, either ways yikes. Looks like it's time for me to move on and find another brand.

Hello fellow EDM'ers,

Wonder if you guys can help me. I've been using the light pink blush from EDM for a while now, brushing a little on my cheeks as it covers red pigmentation quite well and gives me some extra coverage. I went to order some more today and it seems to have disappeared :( Does anyone know anything about them discontinuing this? And if it has, anyone got any tips on a fantastic blush from EDM that won't sit in my scars and make them look worse.

Thanks in advance ladies

Much love x

Hello fellow EDM'ers,

Wonder if you guys can help me. I've been using the light pink blush from EDM for a while now, brushing a little on my cheeks as it covers red pigmentation quite well and gives me some extra coverage. I went to order some more today and it seems to have disappeared :( Does anyone know anything about them discontinuing this? And if it has, anyone got any tips on a fantastic blush from EDM that won't sit in my scars and make them look worse.

Thanks in advance ladies

Much love x

The new website was a tad confusing for me too! To find the "light pink" that was in the lucent face collection on the blushes tab of the old website: go to "MAKEUP", then "face", then "lucent face". Hope that helps! I'm dying to try the new Dusty Miller and Sand Cherry! Actually the new eyeshadow collection Shady Stroll too! I don't like the compacts by EDM, so I'll probably order them as samples once I have the funds for it.

This sucks majorly, but the custom kits are gone and prices for the same amount of product that they offered in the custom kits have doubled (12 foundations = $144). I think they do some sort of wierd discount program if you order more than a certain amount, either ways yikes. Looks like it's time for me to move on and find another brand.

Actually, the great deal of the custom kits is still in there. When you buy any 12 (or more) full size items, they automatically give you a 45% discount, so 12 foundations would be 79.20, or 12 eyeshadows for 39.60, etc. I got a mix of 12 items from all categories and it came out to $51, so there you go, that "wierd discount" is an awesome discount! :dance: