Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynne

Everyday Minerals Cult

tdot: Have you tried the baby kabuki brush? It's much smaller and may work better for you. You might also try making the powder into a liquid foundation by mixing some with your moisturizer. It'll take some experimenting to get the right mixture, most likely, and a bit of patience. The nice thing about mineral makeup is it's very versatile.

tdot: Have you tried the baby kabuki brush? It's much smaller and may work better for you. You might also try making the powder into a liquid foundation by mixing some with your moisturizer. It'll take some experimenting to get the right mixture, most likely, and a bit of patience. The nice thing about mineral makeup is it's very versatile.

Thats a good idea :), how would you suggest doing that? Mixing it as you go every morning, or mixing a big batch once you find out your perfect mix?

I ordered the baby kabuki brush and it still seemed a bit big for me... I use one finger at a time to apply my foundation... I was thinking something smaller?

Thanks for the advice!!!

It could be a number of things.

Including mica....I know you're adamant about EDM not causing breakouts but there are enough people who can link acne to mica that it is a legitimate concern! But like Siouxsie said, it could be coincidence...but it's not in all cases

Isnt Mica in like EVERY kind of makeup?? I am pretty sure it's in my liquid foundation...

Including mica....I know you're adamant about EDM not causing breakouts but there are enough people who can link acne to mica that it is a legitimate concern! But like Siouxsie said, it could be coincidence...but it's not in all cases

Isnt Mica in like EVERY kind of makeup?? I am pretty sure it's in my liquid foundation...

To be honest, I'm not sure but I want to say no

To be honest, I'm not sure but I want to say no

It is in a loooot of makeup. For some people with mica sensitivity, they can still use makeup with mica as long as it is a lower concentration. Ingredients are listed in order of amount, so if mica is listed lower down a ways then that means it's probably not a main ingredient. With EM, it is a major ingredient.

Thats a good idea :), how would you suggest doing that? Mixing it as you go every morning, or mixing a big batch once you find out your perfect mix?

I ordered the baby kabuki brush and it still seemed a bit big for me... I use one finger at a time to apply my foundation... I was thinking something smaller?

Thanks for the advice!!!

I would recommend mixing it every morning so you don't waste a whole batch if you mess up. It might be slow at first, but once you get a feel for how much to use of each product, it should get easier. I'd also recommend starting with too little powder than too much, meaning: if you think you've put in too little, start with that instead of putting in too much. You can always put a little more in until you've got the right coverage, but you can't take any out and you don't want a huge blob of moisturizer/powder that's just going to go to waste.

Like everything, easier with practice.

Hard to think of anything smaller than the baby kabuki. I'd be worried using anything smaller would make for uneven application. I think even a small blush brush may be as big if not a little bigger, in any brand. What's the trouble you're having with the size, exactly? You just don't like going over any active acne?

Can anyone recommend a good concealer to go with edm? edm's concealer doesnt really cover my red marks.

I've been using Coverblend's multi-function concealer (get it at Ulta or Sephora or other specialty stores) with a concealer brush (for wet concealer, not mineral) as backup on particularly dark red marks. Then I do foundation and then powder concealer over it and it looks perfect.

It's a bit pricey, but it lasts ages and is really the only one that works really well for me. Only other one I can think of is Physician's Formula mineral concealer pen (any drug store).

Well, I figured this was the best post to ask this on. I am considering trying EM, but I am not sure if Mica was causing me issues in my other mineral foundation, it could have been the Bismuth. I have tried to look up Mica and didn't find much, one place said it could aggrevate acne but it's not on any comodegenic list that I have seen (neither is bismith) so I am really curious.

Can someone/anyone please share their experiences with me? There are a lot of posts on here, an acne website...so I think this is the best place to get honest answers about this product and if it really has the ability to cause a breakout.

Thanks!

Well, I figured this was the best post to ask this on. I am considering trying EM, but I am not sure if Mica was causing me issues in my other mineral foundation, it could have been the Bismuth. I have tried to look up Mica and didn't find much, one place said it could aggrevate acne but it's not on any comodegenic list that I have seen (neither is bismith) so I am really curious.

Can someone/anyone please share their experiences with me? There are a lot of posts on here, an acne website...so I think this is the best place to get honest answers about this product and if it really has the ability to cause a breakout.

Thanks!

I would get samples and patch test it, everyday for a week. It seems people with mica sensitivity know very quickly, as it causes irritation and breakouts within a week.

The mica is not comedogenic as it is not clogging pores, rather in the case of a mica sensitivity it's aggravating the skin (likely causing inflammation of already clogged pores), so the results of that show up somewhat quickly. Makeup that clogs pores can take several weeks before you break out from it, as pimples take time to develop from a clogged pore to a full blown zit. I don't hear much about EM clogging pores, and I find it somewhat unlikely that is the issue of any related breakouts. It seems pretty rare to be sensitive to mica also, but that seems to be the culprit in EM related breakouts.

Thanks for the reply. I will try samples.

Now for the finish, there are many to chose from.

I don't want anything real matte, I like a little glow. What in your opinion is their best finish?

Thanks!

And my gosh, I have no idea what color!! Geesh.

It depends on what you're looking for and your skin type...I did a search & found a post I made on this a month ago:

There's descriptions of them somewhere in this thread, but I will spare you 93 pages of reading about women gushing over makeup (and iceboi of course) and re-write it:

Original Glo- very shimmery; good for dry skin or a very very dewy look; light to medium coverage, buildable

Semi-matte - slight shimmer; good for normal skin that is dull, dry skin & for a dewy look; light to medium coverage, buildable

Matte - natural matte finish, not chalky; medium coverage that is buildable; Good for normal to oily skin

Intensive - natural matte finish, not chalky; medium to heavy coverage; builds up fast, so a little goes a long way; great for oily skin and those who need heavy coverage

I use Intensive because my skin is so oily it still ends up a bit dewy looking. I don't find any EM foundation to be chalky or cakey at all. The matte finish is really natural looking. The intensive gives coverage like a liquid foundation.

People who like BM usually like original glo or semi-matte, as they give a shinier look. That's why they are good for dry, dull skin.

Thanks for your help. I posted a topic with pics on the EM website for some help in the color department. I'm not sure when it comes to the pink/peach undertones. I know I'm not golden or olive but other than that I have a hard time.

Far as the finish goes...I t hink I am going to go for the semi-matte (glo got a really good raiting on makeupalley so I may gave that a go as well).

Thanks again!

I need more foundation so I checked out the special & custom kits and I noticed this:

Personal Custom Kit - Full$34.00

Select any 6 full size items from the following categories:

Makeup Brushes (standard)

Foundations (big)

Blushes & Face Colors (big)

Concealers (big)

Eye Colors (mini)

Finishing Powders (big)

Lip Gloss (large)

Pressed Powders (large)

natural balms (large)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total items: 6

???? Is this a mistake or something?

Nevermind! I forgot that that was how it worked. A large size eye shadow would be a waste. Maybe they used to be named differently? I don't remember. Goes to show that the foundations last for a long time since I haven't visited the EDM site for months and clearly forgot everything.

:lol:

hey edm lovers

I need some help deciding what to order.

I want to get a bronzer/blush that looks natural and matte

Have any of you tried "Fresh Air"?

Also have any of you tried the multi-intensive concealer?

for finishing powder I have a sample of start to finish rice powder in fair but do you like the regular start to finish ?

I want to place an order tomorrow since there is a 15% code valid until November 12

hey edm lovers

I need some help deciding what to order.

I want to get a bronzer/blush that looks natural and matte

Have any of you tried "Fresh Air"?

Also have any of you tried the multi-intensive concealer?

for finishing powder I have a sample of start to finish rice powder in fair but do you like the regular start to finish ?

I want to place an order tomorrow since there is a 15% code valid until November 12

I have Fresh Air but haven't tried it yet, it looks really light to me. I'm afraid it would look more like blotchy foundation or a bad application of makeup rather than a bronzer. I have Soft Bronzer which I think looks good. It's really subtle but easy to build up, too. If you're really fair I would go with fresh air, if you're fair-light or light I would go with Soft Bronzer.

Newly converted: Light Medium (beige) and Light Neutral (buff) blend 1:1

Why oh why did it take so long for me to try this line of minerals... I LUV LUV LUV them!!!

I requested my sample kit a week or so ago and within 2 days it was in my mailbox.... Neatly pkg'd and generous samples if I might add!!!

I tried out the Fairy Light neutral (buff); Light Medium (beige) and Light neutral (buff), as well as a blush and concealer (picked those 2 all wrong)

The Light Medium Intensive and Light Neutral Matte combined give me a porcelain finish!! Flawless coverage and it lasts as well :)

I had an order in with another company, but really planned on going with EDM for my next purchase, or as soon as I had the extra money (whichever came first).... HOWEVER, the other company never sent my pkg.... I received a tracking number, but that was almost 2 weeks ago, and they won't even return my emails :( IDK if something happened or what because the customer service was great prior to my placing my order!! So needless to say, I am tapping these sample jars, and NEED MAKEUP NOW!!! Based on EDM's speedy delivery of my samples, I am confident they can get my order here soon - especially since I opted for priority shipping!!

I just ordered the mini jars of the 2 matches to combine myself.... I also added another sample kit to try to get the blush & concealer right, as well as try out the light olive shade; and a couple warm shades...

ONE MORE THING: Prices ARE phenomenal and shipping costs are ON POINT... My old mineral company charged me about $10 for 2 jars FIRST CLASS!!! The more I spent; the more they charged me in shipping...and they always came first class no matter what, which costed them $3- $4 at most. There were times I actually removed stuff from my cart cuz my shipping went in excess of $10 and I just cannot fathom spending that much on little weightless containers.. KWIM?

Thank you EDM you made me a believer!!!!

Lastly, has anyone tried their puff jar???? Is it mainly for wet applications?? How does it work?? Per their description it's sifted up thru the sponge?? I'd luv to hear anyone's thoughts on it that may have tried it.

"OMG!" "I fricken love this thread, I just orderd my Everyday Mineral samples last night after reading a whole bunch of good reviews from people on this site and other sites that are comparing bareminerals with everyday minerals!" "LOVES IT!"[/size] :dance:

question...... i was just looking at the em site, and it looks like they no longer show the quantity in their jars! nothing shows how much you get for what price you pay..... not even how many wipes you get! am i missing something?? i love em, but this kind of sucks. i know you generally get a good deal for what you pay, but i would like to know how much i'm getting before i order it.

question...... i was just looking at the em site, and it looks like they no longer show the quantity in their jars! nothing shows how much you get for what price you pay..... not even how many wipes you get! am i missing something?? i love em, but this kind of sucks. i know you generally get a good deal for what you pay, but i would like to know how much i'm getting before i order it.

Click this link. They also have a forum where you can ask questions about products. Everyone is really helpful there.

https://www.everydayminerals.com/index.php?...Itemid=52#faq32

They explain that in their FAQ, here's a direct link:

https://www.everydayminerals.com/index.php?...Itemid=52#faq32

I just got my second sample kit. I'm hoping that I just found my match with Buff Perfect. I have to wait til tomorrow to try it out in the sunlight. :D

Question: I tried Bare Escentuals in a store two weeks ago and then I got my first sample kit of Everday Minerals a week ago and tried it out on my face once. How long do you think it takes to know whether or not EM is going to break you out? The reason I didn't like BE (besides the price tag) is that the bismuth made me itch and my face was extremely red when I washed it off at the end of the day. Sorry if this is somewhere in the 96 pages...I didn't see it in the 10 that I read...

I ordered some samples and a flat-top brush recently. The samples arrived but no brush! I had been charged for it and was not informed via their website or email that it was out of stock! I emailed them back, got a refund and a week later I received a free brush! So watch your orders ladies!

I posted asking for help at the Everyday Minerals site asking for help covering acne, but I haven't gotten much help. Maybe someone here can help!

I have the following products at my disposal, but recommendations are welcome too.

The flat top brush

Start to Finish in fair

Pick Me Up Pink (pearl)

Mint Concealer

Intensive Concealer Fair

Multi-Intensive Concealer

Fair Neutral Semi Matte Foundation

Fair Neutral Matte Foundation

Sandy Fair Matte Foundation (can you tell I'm super pale?)

Sunlight Concealer

I've tried the following...

Moisturizing, applying start to finish fair, applying PMUP, then applying concealer to blemishes. I put sunlight under my eyes and then I mix a bit of mint with intensive fair. I've been doing it dry. Then I buff on 2-3 layers of foundation on top of that, then another layer of start to finish fair.

After reading some of the posts in this thread this morning, I tried applying the concealers with a slightly damp concealer brush. This did seem to work better. However, it still isn't good enough! You can still definitely see those nasty spots (and the red and purpley marks from the old acne) poking through all over the place.

Sigh. I miss my flawless skin. :(