Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynne

Everyday Minerals Cult

how do i know for colors, if I am cool or neutral or warm ? i have no idea!

It's something like:

warm: peachy tones or golden yellow tones

cool: pink tones, cool brown tones w/out much yellow

neutral: no dominant undertones, an earthy color

olive: green tones, a bit earthy or yellow even

Look at your skin and what do you see most? Maybe compare your skin to a white piece of paper & see what color you see dominant in your skin tone.

That's the starting point for samples. Most people are warm or neutral skin toned it seems.

There used to a be a foundation guide in which they described the different categories...it's probably posted somewhere in this thread if you search for it :shrug:

Its under the frequently asked questions

Like others, I couldn't go through 95 pages to see if anyone else had the problems I did...

I ordered the EDM intensive formula, I'm a buttered tan match. I applied and LOVED the coverage. It looked sooooo good. Then two days later, breakout from hell. I hadn't changed anything else in my regimen. Just new makeup. I know I'm not the only one who's broken out from EDM intensive formula. I'm so scared to try anything else from them, other than their blush. Best Friends is a gorgeous color for cheeks, eyes, and lips! But I digress...I'm scared to try anything else. Instead, I am hooked on a different MMU called Smoky Mountain Minerals. I used it for about 2 months with no breakouts whatsoever. The coverage isn't as great as EDM, but I am a master at applying concealer to my pesky red marks. So I'm sorry to those of you who are avid believers in EDM, but I just can't mess with it.

Does smoky mountain not have mica? That's usually the culprit of a breakout from EM: sensitivity to mica.

It's somewhat rare to be that sensitive to mica, but I think we hear more complaints of it on this board because there's a lot of people with super sensitive skin who wind up here trying to find treatment for their acne that won't aggravate their skin.

Also, sometimes people blame a makeup when they weren't fully clear to begin with, and it could be pure coincidence.

Yes and sometimes people blame the make up after they have only used the foundation for a week. You have to give it longer than that!

i agree, it could be other reasons, but even so, i'm paranoid about it! i don't want to risk it. my skin was very pleased with the mineral makeup i'd been using before, and although the coverage isn't quite as great as i want, i can deal with it.

Yes no can force you to use EDM. Of course its up to you what make up you prefer to use, but please dont blame EDM for your breakouts. I have incredibly sensitive skin and everything breaks me out. I am not gonna blame EDM. Liquid foundation is harmful to the skin but mineral make up is known to be beneficial to the skin. Mica isnt a common skin irritant that Im aware of. Its not like you are not warned. In fact, it says precisely on their website "Everyday Minerals products are thoroughly tested to ensure the purest possible product. Yet we do suggest a Skin Patch Test for any new product application. Simply test a little swatch on a small confined area of your skin, like the underside of your arm. Leave on for 24 hours to make sure your skin is happy with the product. We offer a Free Sample Kit to test your product out, so give it a try!"

I hadn't noticed that disclaimer. That's cool of them to address that.

Yes it is and people should read it before they blame everyday minerals

Soft Touch is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a BEAUTIFUL blush for pale skin

I'm in love with it. Perfect pink without looking unnatural

I ordered products on saturday, it should've shipped on monday but there's no information on the USPS site...does this mean they didn't actually send it? I know others have had this problem but I'm not sure if USPS hasn't updated their info or if it's EDM even though on my account it states that my order was shipped

I ordered products on saturday, it should've shipped on monday but there's no information on the USPS site...does this mean they didn't actually send it? I know others have had this problem but I'm not sure if USPS hasn't updated their info or if it's EDM even though on my account it states that my order was shipped

I've noticed that the USPS site usually doesn't have any info until it's practically at the house. It'll tell me when it left sometimes, then when it arrived at the house.

Also, it's possible EDM said they shipped it when they didn't. :shrug: I do know that I've had poor luck getting good info from the USPS site as far as where my package is. UPS is way better at that, IMO.

It's always gotten here eventually, though. I've never had an EDM product not show up.

EDIT: Actually, hrm, I sort of take that back. There was one time, before the site change, where my order was really late (like 2 weeks), so I asked them about it and they said it hadn't been shipped somehow. They said they sent it again, and I actually got two of the same package show up at different times. I think there was just some complication with the first one, whether it was with USPS or EDM.

I've noticed that the USPS site usually doesn't have any info until it's practically at the house. It'll tell me when it left sometimes, then when it arrived at the house.

Also, it's possible EDM said they shipped it when they didn't. :shrug: I do know that I've had poor luck getting good info from the USPS site as far as where my package is. UPS is way better at that, IMO.

It's always gotten here eventually, though. I've never had an EDM product not show up.

EDIT: Actually, hrm, I sort of take that back. There was one time, before the site change, where my order was really late (like 2 weeks), so I asked them about it and they said it hadn't been shipped somehow. They said they sent it again, and I actually got two of the same package show up at different times. I think there was just some complication with the first one, whether it was with USPS or EDM.

Alright, thanks

I think it's USPS, I vaguely remember this happening another time. Like you said, they didn't update it, they just said they received the shipment and it told me it got to my house after I already got it lol. Well that's sucky...thanks again

USPS tracking is really bad. USPS doesn't scan individual packages multiple times during the delivery, so the tracking is done in estimations. Once the shipping label is printed off it begins an "estimated" time to get to it's destination. Sometimes companies print off the shipping label even if they are waiting to restock something for your delivery, so it appears that it's shipping to you but the order is still at their factory. Even though the package is sitting at their factory it looks like it's going through the tracking progress.

Like wise if they don't print off shipping labels in the correct manner it won't start the progress. Since the whole tracking process goes off that initial trigger it won't be detected until it comes to your house.

At UPS or fed ex they will manually scan every package by hand 6-8 times during the course of the delivery. (Not that UPS or fed ex is better, because their workers are vastly underpaid and people smash/steal packages just because they are overworked and angry.)

(If the delivery service says they delivered to your house and you didn't get it, call the company you ordered from and make them resend another one. Never argue with postal companies because you will RARELY get the information you are looking for. But if you go straight to the company you ordered from they will usually send you another for free. Sometimes you even get the original package a few weeks later. :D )

now you have me all confuzzled again, Rob. I guess I'll just have to wait til next week and see what happens. I'm sure it's otw, though

I reread my post and even I got confused.

Fed-ex / ups tracking is so detailed because they scan a package anytime some one touches it.

USPS only scans their packages once during the initial send off. So their pseudo-tracking system is based strictly off estimated times.

I was looking at the pics of brushes on the page-- and actually i think i have 2 flat top brushes and no kabuki ! woops. must send one back..

still have no idea which color is best.. seem to be close to the medium beige one.. it's good they have so many color & coverage options, but it makes it really hard for people like me!!

i wish you guys lived in Charlotte so you could help me!! maybe i'll send them a pic.

I looked at their return policy and they said it has to be unopened to be eligible for return--

I'm pretty sure I took the brush out of the plastic sealed wrap it came in!! so they probably won't take it back! :naughty:

sooo does anyone need a flattop brush?

(If the delivery service says they delivered to your house and you didn't get it, call the company you ordered from and make them resend another one. Never argue with postal companies because you will RARELY get the information you are looking for. But if you go straight to the company you ordered from they will usually send you another for free. Sometimes you even get the original package a few weeks later. :D )

I've fought with USPS. It sucks. I don't recommend it. I told the company what was going on in case my package was returned to them, since I really did want it. After a few more days of drama, the company (Paula's Choice) just sent another one (I didn't ask) for free via rush shipping (DHL instead of USPS) with extra samples. If anybody ever does need to tangle with USPS, you'll get more info by contacting a manager around 7 AM.

I looked at their return policy and they said it has to be unopened to be eligible for return--

I'm pretty sure I took the brush out of the plastic sealed wrap it came in!! so they probably won't take it back! :naughty:

sooo does anyone need a flattop brush?

I would contact them to exchange it anyway. It was their error.

I received my order today! :D Here are some pictures, 3 new colors!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/Onchi/edm.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/Onchi/edm2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/Onchi/edm3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/Onchi/edm4.jpg

They're all under a white light w/o flash except the 2nd one which does have flash

Large ones left to right are: Buff- Linen, Olive Fair, Olive Light

Small ones left to right are: Light Almond, Sandy Olive

Linen really looks neutral to me, I don't know any other way to describe it. It looks a lot darker on the website which is the only reason I ordered Olive Fair (to lighten it) but I don't think I'll have to do that. Everytime I look at it I see a different tone to it, but it's not overbearing. It looks earthy, olive, it looks pink, it looks slighty yellow/warm but one doesn't stick out more than the other so I think if someone is fair-fair/light and can't find a good match that you should try this! Olive fair is really close but it looks more....flat.

Light Almond is about the same level of darkness, or lightness for that matter, as Linen and Olive fair but I would say it's slightly warmer than both of them...a tiny bit more yellow, green (hence under olive) and a touch of earthiness/brown

Sandy Olive seems to have a lot of the Olive Light in it and a pretty noticeable pink tone to it, too.

...I think this is a really strange color lol. Olive, which is a green undertone (should be) is mixed with a beige, which to me looks pink. These are complementary color so it should be neutral but the thing is Olive Light looks really orange...so all in all, I would say this color is very peachy and warm. I don't see how it could be under olive really =/

I'd be interested it reading other reviews/opinions if anyone else has these. Labeling colors can be subjective

I got all my stuff today. :) samples of mint concealer, natural blush, olive golden medium matte, light olive intensive, light olive matte and a flat top brush. I think I found a match with golden medium, but people have been looking at me funny all day so idk. [confused] I havent tried the brush yet since I washed it, i'll try it tomorrow. :D

Pilfpolf, what formulas did you order? Cuz their intensive line is a tad darker than all the other formulas. :/

I got all my stuff today. :) samples of mint concealer, natural blush, olive golden medium matte, light olive intensive, light olive matte and a flat top brush. I think I found a match with golden medium, but people have been looking at me funny all day so idk. [confused] I havent tried the brush yet since I washed it, i'll try it tomorrow. :D

Pilfpolf, what formulas did you order? Cuz their intensive line is a tad darker than all the other formulas. :/

intensive

I received my order today! :D Here are some pictures, 3 new colors!

Thanks for the photos!

I really want to try light almond....I think it will be a good summer color for me. It appears just ever so slightly darker than olive fair, which is what I need for summer.

Hello Everyone:

I am sorry if these questions have been asked before. I did go thru some of these posts and read, but 96 pages is a lot to read.

I might be interested in EM but I need some clarification.

I am older and have minor wrinkles plus scarred skin (the kind that is there permanently -- indented scarring)

I have heard that mineral products accenuate this problem (actually make the wrinkles and scarring worse).

I would like to hear from some that have the same issues as myself.

Also, considering my condition above, along with some acne, very oily skin, and sensitive skin, will EM fair well with me?

If I purchase, what kind of brushes should I consider for maximum coverage and what kind of EM.

Thank you everyone :)

For all of those ladies out there that haven't tried Viki's Radiant Creation yet, then I highly suggest that you pick it up. It just gives the face the perfect golden glow to it. And, it can be used as a eyeshadow color, blush, or even an all over face color.

An, for all of those ladies who have been looking for a good mineral concealer for their dark circles, but have found that peach concealer is a bit too dark, then I definitely suggest that you pick up Abbott's Perk-Me-Up Concealer is another good product to get. As, it is a combination of Sunlight concealer and the Peach Concealer in one! It has a light salmon color that really helps to perk up the eye area, but it also conceals dark shadowing relatively well too.

Did EDM's sample sizes change? I ordered a standard sample kit and I got the mini sizes for the three foundations as well as for the concealer. The blush I chose came in the normal-sized sample container (you know, the teeeeeeny ones). I'm thrilled! Basically $15 worth of foundation for $3.68. :)

Did EDM's sample sizes change? I ordered a standard sample kit and I got the mini sizes for the three foundations as well as for the concealer. The blush I chose came in the normal-sized sample container (you know, the teeeeeeny ones). I'm thrilled! Basically $15 worth of foundation for $3.68. :)

Yes Carina decided to go back to the regular sample jars for the time being. She has an update if you look at the forum.

I've been using Flying Coach as a bronzer for a while and I must say that I love it. Works as an eyeshadow, too. It looks way more sparkly in the jar than on my face, thankfully, but that's how it seems to be for all the face colors (thankfully again).

^_^

I still dont know how to use this stuff... and the thought of rubbing a brush over my skin everyday makes me cringe! I just feel like using one of those brushes is going to spread my acne you know? I'm so used to using my fingers to work around each pimple and then after I have covered my face (liquid foundation) I go back and conceal the spots.... I wonder if there is like a smaller brush I can use to work around the pimples?? Do any of you do this? What are you tips on switching from liquid to EDM? Thanks all!! :) I really want to SWITCH!! SO BADLY I hate using gross liquid foundation... makes my skin oilier...