Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynne

Everyday Minerals Cult

ETA: a question that's definitely been asked before... but the thread is 89 pages long, so here goes - this stuff is supposed to be good for the skin, right? As in - typically no irritation or new breakouts?

Really it's just that, for the majority of women who've tried this, the makeup is non-irritating and doesn't cause breakouts therefore their skin clears up and looks better, making it seem like it's the makeup that's doing it when really it's more as if they're not wearing makeup at all. That's still awesome, but it's important to not count on the makeup to be a miracle cure as I think that gets a lot of people confused. Bare Escentuals likes to tell people how Bare Minerals will help your skin, which is tweaking the truth a bit, imo.

But yes, typically no irritation or new breakouts. With so few products in it, it's really easy on your skin. Or it's easy to tell what's irritating your skin since there's so little in there (some girls are allergic to Mica, for example.)

And no matter what anyone says, don't sleep in your makeup. Something else BE likes to tell people.

I ordered the sample kit on a whim two days ago and got it in the mail today. I'm impressed, although I might not get the semi-matte next time.

Was just snooping around the EDM forums one poster posted a swatches site for all EDM products and dound it wasnt posted so here it is:

http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii302/E...erals/?start=40

Password is Minerals if you cannot log in.

Great for ppl who are looking forward to real swatches the ones on the EDM website seems iffy to me.

my god i wish i had her make up collection, thats amazing. thanks for posting this btw, im trying to come up with some blushes that will suit me and thats really useful

They aren't all her pictures or pictures of stuff from her collection...she said she has been collecting pictures from around the internet of EM products.

lol thanks, i was kind of beginning to wonder how much that must have cost her! still, i would love that as my make up collection...

What is the best way to put on mint concealer? cause I put on some today day and I buffed it as much as I could and it still looked green. I probably wasn't doing it right cause I just started using a flat top brush so yeah I'm getting using to it.

Is it something you need have match for? or can any skin type use it? I have some red skin so I'm trying to cover it up. boo.

:dance: (i'm the friend who recc'd the gold tones)

Hope you find a shade to match stephy!

For now i'm using BE ...

*sigh*.. one day one day i'll find a mmu shade to match.

(i'm too impatient to wait for EDM to arrive in mail, I dont know what to chose!)

ETA: a question that's definitely been asked before... but the thread is 89 pages long, so here goes - this stuff is supposed to be good for the skin, right? As in - typically no irritation or new breakouts?

Trial and error. I got the silk dust finishing powder because of the rave reviews about it but I must be in the minority that breaks out with tiny bumps all over the face from it so I threw it away. I don't have a problem with their other stuff so I'm still an EDM fan.

i just got my sample kit!

i got soft butter peach, cool-fair, and buff fair-neutral

i have absolutely no clue what color i am but all of those seemed light from the pictures

i am pretty pale so hopefully one or a mixture of those will work out =]

i have absolutely no clue what color i am but all of those seemed light from the pictures

I got those shades, too! Fair and fair neutral are too light for me, but soft butter peach is too pinkish orange on me. They work pretty well with a mix, but next time, I think I'll try fawn, fairly light neutral, and something else (haven't decided the third...lol). I am actually so surprised that there is a shade out there too light for me.

I'm kind of interested in Sparkle Bronzer, but it looks so dark. I have the soft bronzer, but it's too light for me in the summer. The Sparkle Bronzer looks so dark. I'm also concerned about the sparkle part. Anyone try this?

If those dont work out for you, try Beige Fair Light. Which formula did you get?

I dont know why but the first time I tried EDM I hated it! Now I love it! Maybe, the intensive formula doesnt work well for me and now I also have better brushes :shrug: I think I am beige fairly light. In fact, I just took a pic of me wearing it and I am gonna put it in my album

HELP!!! I just checked EM website and couldn't find the 6 pieces custom kit. I ordered it last month for ~ $32 and you can choose anything full size.

HELP!!! I just checked EM website and couldn't find the 6 pieces custom kit. I ordered it last month for ~ $32 and you can choose anything full size.

It's definitely still there, and has been $34 for as long as I can remember.

hmmm the custom kit is still there for me too, I ordered it last month as well. Its like the 4th one down, maybe you are just missing it or maybe they had to take it down for a little bit??

oh thanks i found it, initially thought the $34 kit was the one where u can only choose the colors for fixed items ^^

my sample kit just came in the mail today

when i put it on my skin looked worse as in it appeared very flaky and the makeup didn't look very natural at all

i think i am a mix of soft butter peach and fair

i use olay as a moisturizer

should i use a primer? i heard monistat anti-shafing gel worked well and is only like 8 bucks

^ in semi matte

my sample kit just came in the mail today

when i put it on my skin looked worse as in it appeared very flaky and the makeup didn't look very natural at all

i think i am a mix of soft butter peach and fair

i use olay as a moisturizer

should i use a primer? i heard monistat anti-shafing gel worked well and is only like 8 bucks

^ in semi matte

Which three foundations did you order and which blush?

Frankly I find this makeup a little too "flat" and dry. I also don't like the feeling it leaves on my skin.

Maybe you need a different formula. I found the intensive kind of too dull looking on my skin. I like the original glow better

i am so impressed with edm, i ordered my stuff form them using the super cheap delivery method (probably about $6 to the uk) and exactly a week later its arrived! i cannot believe its so quick i thought it would be about 3 weeks! yaaaay now to go and have fun playing with all my pretty new things!

btw id love to get one of their blushes but the colours are a little over whelming, can anyone recommend a nice natural looking one for someone thats got neutral undertones and quite pale (probably a sunkissed fair or something)? something not too pink more peachy but natural...

I finally got my long handled buki from them and tried my sample of fair medium in semi-matte. I think I'd have better luck using the flat top brush as I don't think I got enough coverage with the buki. It could also be the fact that it's semi-matte. Not sure. I should get the flat-top in the mail today or tomorrow so we'll see if that makes a difference.

First and foremost, I'm a guy. I need something to cover up my redmarks without it being obvious that I'm wearing make-up. Would any of you recommend the EM foundation for me?

I bought the pack of 5 flocked sponges EM offers so I could use those instead of the one that comes with the PP (that one's too thin and flimsy). I LOVE them. They're thicker and softer. Like little pillows. I wish it was the right shape for the container, though. I can squeeze it in, but I don't because...because I just don't lol. Instead I keep the flimsy sponge in there for touch ups later on if I need it.

Highly recommend buying the flocked sponges to replace the one in the container.