Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynne

Everyday Minerals Cult

Sorry I should have said the Cool-Fair Intensive and Fair semi Matte are the foundation. And I use a Kabukis brush, I should try the flat top. Once in a while I do use a press powder but I don't think I use it right. How do you apply it with the foundation?

What kind of flat top brush do you recommend just any kind? Cause there is one at the ED site that is for 10 bucks, didn't know if that was a good brush to use.

EM's flat top, fo' sho'. Best brush I've ever used.

For the pressed powder, I just dip the sponge (it's more thin than the usual cosmetic sponge, but works like a charm), not wipe, it into the pressed powder, then buff/spread it onto your skin like normal pressed powder. A lot comes off, so that's why I recommend just pressing it to the powder surface until you get used to how much the sponge picks up. It's buildable, too. Easier to build than with brushes.

With the flat top, it's the same as loose powder. Dip it into the foundation, maybe swirl your brush tip into a clean cap to make it a bit more even, then buff it into your skin. I don't tap because I don't feel the need to.

Once in a while I do use a press powder but I don't think I use it right. How do you apply it with the foundation?

For the pressed powder, I just dip the sponge (it's more thin than the usual cosmetic sponge, but works like a charm), not wipe, it into the pressed powder, then buff/spread it onto your skin like normal pressed powder. A lot comes off, so that's why I recommend just pressing it to the powder surface until you get used to how much the sponge picks up. It's buildable, too. Easier to build than with brushes.

I just wanted to mention that I'm not sure InRepair was talking about the EM pressed powders in her post, but rather general pressed powders. I could be totally wrong but it sounds like she doesn't have a large range of EM products so I got the feeling that she didn't meant EM pp. InRepair, you might want to clarify because the EM pressed powder that Faydra Lune is referring to applies much differently than run-of-the-mill pressed powder.

The only pressed powders I've used is ED and I've tried so many stuff from the site its not even funny..LOL

I just need to know I'm picking the right shade, that's my main problem :rolleyes: I get annoyed looking at the girls on the site cause they look good and I don't lol its like UGGHH I just want the perfect shade.

mmm Maybe tomorrow I'll take a picture with my make up and see how different it is, I dunno if that would help.

EDIT - I was looking at the site and saw they have a section called the lookbook and pictures of girls with different shades. On the closest I can see that might be me is Megan or Jen. Cause I think I have a REALLY light skin which is hard for me cause everything shows up. So all this time I have been using warm or cool colors should I be trying lighter colors? I remember trying something in light a long time ago but didn't work. *shrug*

I tried EDM's 'new' lip glosses, and I find them as disappointing as the first batch. They're thick, cakey, and not true to color in the least. They don't last at all, and they aren't moisturizing.

I'm also pretty disappointed in the Start to Finish rice powder. It might be a coincidence, but my skin has been awfully flakey since I tried it. I'll have to give it another go, but not a fan right now.

I tried the silk dust and I like it .. my face is extremely oily so it doesn't control it completely but in my opinion it works better than the silk dust!

InRepair - I took a look at your photos, and it may be my monitor or the camera or something, but I don't see pink in your neck. Have you tried any of the Buff foundations? Those are very neutral.

I used the Start to Finish Fair and I like it so far. I used it for the first time on Friday and had to be in 90 degree weather in a hot gym and it held up pretty well. I used the blotting paper when I got back to my room and it did a nice job though it was more sweat than oil...

In Repair: I'm pretty pale like you, and I'm still trying to figure out my perfect shade. I'm stuck between Cool Fair, Buff Fair Neutral and Sandy Fair. I may end of mixing two of them together as none of them are quite perfect. I also ordered the Buff Ivory to try that out.

The sample kits are so cheap, have you tried ordering different shades to try them out and see which works the best? Some people order tons of the free kits trying to get it right.

Also, try doing swatches. Dip a finger into the foundation jar and swipe a small patch on your face, preferably close to your neck. Do that with a few different shades, let it sit for a few hours, and then check and see which one matches your skin the closest. (It's really important to wait, as the colors change over time)

EDIT - I was looking at the site and saw they have a section called the lookbook and pictures of girls with different shades. On the closest I can see that might be me is Megan or Jen. Cause I think I have a REALLY light skin which is hard for me cause everything shows up. So all this time I have been using warm or cool colors should I be trying lighter colors? I remember trying something in light a long time ago but didn't work. *shrug*

Don't rely so much on the Lookbook models for your shade. On my monitor, the foundation colors are different from what the foundations look like in real life. The buttered tan on the model, for example, is too dark and orange. I think you'd have better luck searching on Youtube.

I tried the sample of the Best Friends blush today and I LOVE it. I am not a blush person at all. I never wear it but this stuff is so nice and light. It looks really natural. Maybe I'll try the foundation tomorrow. I'm a little skeptical since the BM foundation looks like crap on me.

Does anyone have the puff jar? I have been looking on youtube for a demo or review but I can't find one.

InRepair - I took a look at your photos, and it may be my monitor or the camera or something, but I don't see pink in your neck. Have you tried any of the Buff foundations? Those are very neutral.

In Repair: I'm pretty pale like you, and I'm still trying to figure out my perfect shade. I'm stuck between Cool Fair, Buff Fair Neutral and Sandy Fair. I may end of mixing two of them together as none of them are quite perfect. I also ordered the Buff Ivory to try that out.

The sample kits are so cheap, have you tried ordering different shades to try them out and see which works the best? Some people order tons of the free kits trying to get it right.

Also, try doing swatches. Dip a finger into the foundation jar and swipe a small patch on your face, preferably close to your neck. Do that with a few different shades, let it sit for a few hours, and then check and see which one matches your skin the closest. (It's really important to wait, as the colors change over time)

I have not tried buff foundation, I'm still trying different colors. I just ordered more free samples, I went through most of the cool ones and none of them work. A friend said I should try some of the Golden colors, so I ordered some of those plus a green concealer. But I'll order some buff ones since I don't think I've tried those yet.

I just have a problem covering my red marks. I currently use Cool fair and it does alright I guess but its still obvious I'm wearing make up and I know my make up looks like shit. This time I ordered a flat top brush which I don't have, I have a Kabukie or however you spell it I'm to lazy to look it up now lol

:dance: (i'm the friend who recc'd the gold tones)

Hope you find a shade to match stephy!

For now i'm using BE ...

*sigh*.. one day one day i'll find a mmu shade to match.

(i'm too impatient to wait for EDM to arrive in mail, I dont know what to chose!)

Well I placed an order the end of last week & got it today. Quick & painless transaction.

I got the pearl pick me up concealer...and I love it!

Here's my review from the EM forum:

Well I wouldn't use it as a "concealer", but this stuff is awesome!

I tried it today after a long day at work and it really brightened up my complexion. I'm olive fair and can get a little sallow sometimes.

I dusted it on like a highlighter, over my cheeks and lightly on my forehead, nose & chin. It's not too shimmery if you use a light hand (and my skin is oily & shiny, so I don't want too much shimmer). It also didn't interfere with my foundation color & make me look pink so that my neck didn't match.

Also, if like me you're a fan of eye bright by benefit, this is like its mineral counterpart. Pretty much the same pale pink color, same slight shimmer, and very versatile. It really helps to make you look more rested and highlight your eye area subtly, just like eye bright does.

I've ordered their samples before . . .

I got shades i think would work or could work but i can't tell! haha. i know for sure one is too light for me.

(afew pics in profile) any recs guys?

HOORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! :dance:

Just got my EM samples in the mail and i LOVE THEM!!!!! Like many others I've paid hundreds upon hundreds of dollars for high-end foundations/powders and NOTHING has complemented my skin like EM does!

I'm SOOOOOOOOO excited!!

I rushed in to show my parter once I'd applied it and he even said he could see a positive difference, he never takes any notice of what makeup I wear so when we're at home I barely wear any at all LOL but he said it looked super natural and had really nice coverage.. which it does. I think anyway :)

I got a few shades in the sample kit but the one that suited me best was Sunkissed Fair in Intensive, and the generic multi-tasking concealer. I got the 'Best Friends' blush but it was a little too deep for me, I ended up just fading it out with an extra dusting of foundation over the top.

I really want to get the silk dust cos my skin gets very shiny quite quickly... question: does the pure silk dust interfere with your foundation colour or is it totally translucent???

Wheeeeeeeeeee happy :dance:

Oh and thankyou Wynne for starting this thread and everyone else for their contributions, I never would have tried EM without reading all the rave reviews on here!! :)

>:(

My Pressed Powder crumbled and I had to order another one.

It was probably my fault lol >.>.

It was getting flaky after I dropped it (whoops) and I though I'd just dump a couple flakes into the trash can. Little did I know half the container would fall out with it.

*gumble*

I get so irritated when my EM package arrives and I open it up to find it FILLED with powder. I literally have to wipe down all my products, even my invoice is covered in powder. Is it so much to ask that they take a little more care when packaging their products?? I mean they are all sealed so the powder has not spilled from any of my products, and I understand that mineral makeup can be messy to get into the jars, but they just don't take the time to clean them up before they pack them up!!

Drives me crazy!

:mad:

I get so irritated when my EM package arrives and I open it up to find it FILLED with powder. I literally have to wipe down all my products, even my invoice is covered in powder. Is it so much to ask that they take a little more care when packaging their products?? I mean they are all sealed so the powder has not spilled from any of my products, and I understand that mineral makeup can be messy to get into the jars, but they just don't take the time to clean them up before they pack them up!!

Drives me crazy!

:mad:

Hm, I've never had that problem.

Was just snooping around the EDM forums one poster posted a swatches site for all EDM products and dound it wasnt posted so here it is:

http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii302/E...erals/?start=40

Password is Minerals if you cannot log in.

Great for ppl who are looking forward to real swatches the ones on the EDM website seems iffy to me.

my god i wish i had her make up collection, thats amazing. thanks for posting this btw, im trying to come up with some blushes that will suit me and thats really useful

Was just snooping around the EDM forums one poster posted a swatches site for all EDM products and dound it wasnt posted so here it is:

http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii302/E...erals/?start=40

Password is Minerals if you cannot log in.

Great for ppl who are looking forward to real swatches the ones on the EDM website seems iffy to me.

my god i wish i had her make up collection, thats amazing. thanks for posting this btw, im trying to come up with some blushes that will suit me and thats really useful

They aren't all her pictures or pictures of stuff from her collection...she said she has been collecting pictures from around the internet of EM products.

Hey Ladies,

I am ordering a new custom kit..and I already have a few eye shadows from them..but I am looking for something for summer. I'm kind of terrible at finding shades that look good on me. I have hazel eyes...and anything with a warm/yellow undertone usually makes me look like I'm half asleep. I'm looking for something that will make my eyes pop! I love love love spin cycle(its like a really light pink shimmer..and it works well)...but I would like just a little something different. Any suggestions?

btw, that is me(the chick) on my avatar.

Hey Ladies,

I am ordering a new custom kit..and I already have a few eye shadows from them..but I am looking for something for summer. I'm kind of terrible at finding shades that look good on me. I have hazel eyes...and anything with a warm/yellow undertone usually makes me look like I'm half asleep. I'm looking for something that will make my eyes pop! I love love love spin cycle(its like a really light pink shimmer..and it works well)...but I would like just a little something different. Any suggestions?

btw, that is me(the chick) on my avatar.

"In the Garden" is a pretty flattering eye shadow. "Mystic Night" is a shimmery, dramatic purple. "Wildflowers" is a brown that's safe to wear to work. I think it's pretty neutral in terms of undertones, but I could be wrong.

I get so irritated when my EM package arrives and I open it up to find it FILLED with powder.

That's also never happened to me. *knock on wood* Maybe you could e-mail CS about it. Usually, EM packages comes with the names of the lady who packaged it.

Does anyone have the puff jar? I have been looking on youtube for a demo or review but I can't find one.

I received mine in the mail, and I'm planning to use it for a finishing powder... once I know which one I like :lol: .

a brief review on the puff jars.