Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynne

Everyday Minerals Cult

As much as i love EDM. I cant get a good shipping rate to show up. That email your order and send payment via paypal.Makes me cautious. EDM could easily mess up your order with an order sent via email since they do get 600+ emails a day. Come on now!!

Pretty pissed off with EDM they should've just keep the old site. And make updates or changes the old site instead of changing there was nothing wring with it in the first place why fix something that isn't broken???? I'm looking for another mineral makeup company if anyone has suggestions please post or pm me. I hope EDM clears up everything. I am just frustrated and this isnt worth the trouble for EDM. I know I do love them, but i love me more so its GOODBYE to them for now......

Shipping has been fixed since yesterday. I'm in the UK and I finally managed to get my order through with a decent shipping price. But I won't praise them too much until I know my order is shipped and arrives here safely. My status is still 'funded' from yesterday. Try clearing all your cookies/history and stuff.

Anyway, my skin gets flaky after I apply the foundation. I do buff and only usually put one layer on. Does anyone have any tips to avoid the flakiness and set the make-up better? I usually pat my face afterwards with a damp tissue to get rid of the flakiness but that kind of takes a bit of the make-up off and a few hours later, the flakiness comes back.

I use benzoyl peroxide every morning so I know that may be the reason for my dryness but I wouldn't dare stop that since it is keeping my acne under control. :think: I also moisturize twice (Dermalogica moisturizing cream and a sunscreen moisture gel) before my make-up.

By the way, how long do people here usually wait after moisturizing before putting on the make-up? How can you tell that the moisturizer has indeed sink in?

As much as i love EDM. I cant get a good shipping rate to show up. That email your order and send payment via paypal.Makes me cautious. EDM could easily mess up your order with an order sent via email since they do get 600+ emails a day. Come on now!!

Pretty pissed off with EDM they should've just keep the old site. And make updates or changes the old site instead of changing there was nothing wring with it in the first place why fix something that isn't broken???? I'm looking for another mineral makeup company if anyone has suggestions please post or pm me. I hope EDM clears up everything. I am just frustrated and this isnt worth the trouble for EDM. I know I do love them, but i love me more so its GOODBYE to them for now......

I'm on the verge of saying goodbye to them too. They really screwed up in my book when it comes to this site switchover. They should have worked out the major bugs before going live. Anyway, I placed my order on 6/1, got an email saying it had shipped on 6/5 but it didn't actually ship until 6/9! I feel really ticked and misled. I got it in the mail today, 6/11 (paid for Priority mail, since there was no first class option when I ordered). I've sent numerous emails that have gone unanswered. Just...bleh.

The thing that's keeping me is the fact that the product is still amazing. Yeah, they're screwing up with the organization right now, but it's something that can be fixed, regardless of how annoyed and inconvenienced I am.

I'm tapping my foot until the bugs are worked out. I'm miffed, but the product is still my HG and it's still the cheapest I can find for great quality, and I still want it. Only when the site and the company no longer exists or they start making serious changes to the actual products will I start looking for a new MMU.

Doesn't mean I won't still send irate emails their way. >:( I still haven't heard anything back about my account, and I'm getting really sick of them saying how busy they are. If a customer can't order when everyone else can, don't tell them there are things that are more important than them right now. That's so unprofessional. If it's something that's linked to a bigger issue and will be resolved when that issue is fixed, that's fine, but don't tell me as if I'm way down on their list or problems.

I've been a loyal customer, dammit. Their service is fantastic, most of the time, but they can sometimes look so inexperienced with people.

I still want my makeup. >:<

I'm on the verge of saying goodbye to them too. They really screwed up in my book when it comes to this site switchover. They should have worked out the major bugs before going live. Anyway, I placed my order on 6/1, got an email saying it had shipped on 6/5 but it didn't actually ship until 6/9! I feel really ticked and misled. I got it in the mail today, 6/11 (paid for Priority mail, since there was no first class option when I ordered). I've sent numerous emails that have gone unanswered. Just...bleh.

wait...what do you mean "screwing up with the organization"??

They should have worked out the major bugs before going live. Anyway, I placed my order on 6/1, got an email saying it had shipped on 6/5 but it didn't actually ship until 6/9! I feel really ticked and misled. I got it in the mail today, 6/11 (paid for Priority mail, since there was no first class option when I ordered). I've sent numerous emails that have gone unanswered. Just...bleh.

I loved how some people started attacking you after you posted your shipping debacle on the EM forum. Gosh. Some people act like EM is the Holy Eucharist and we customers are suppose to be thankful that we get the services we pay for. :lol:

Does anyone have any tips to avoid the flakiness and set the make-up better?

Apply your foundation wet. It helps with the flakes.

wait...what do you mean "screwing up with the organization"??

Since the hard launch, there have been issues with inconsistent and outrageous shipping, people not being able to place orders, customer inquiries not being answered, items disappearing from the website, etc. Overall, it has been a very hectic few weeks.

By the way, how long do people here usually wait after moisturizing before putting on the make-up? How can you tell that the moisturizer has indeed sink in?

I usually wait about 5 minutes then i put a primer on and then the EDM. If you want to help with those flakes you should try the baby brush method of exfoliation it helps me SO much with flakes, especially while I was on BP. If your not familiar with it do a search on the board theres a whole topic dedicated to it.

I think the primer powder might possible be breaking me out. I'm going to stop using it for a while, see if I clear up, then use it again and see what happens. Gonna test it out a bit.

:<

I got my order no problem today (6 days). I didn't get any confirmation it was shipping but was happy to see it on my door step. They even sent me the Launch Party blush even though my order after my coupon and before shipping was only $31

They should have worked out the major bugs before going live. Anyway, I placed my order on 6/1, got an email saying it had shipped on 6/5 but it didn't actually ship until 6/9! I feel really ticked and misled. I got it in the mail today, 6/11 (paid for Priority mail, since there was no first class option when I ordered). I've sent numerous emails that have gone unanswered. Just...bleh.

I loved how some people started attacking you after you posted your shipping debacle on the EM forum. Gosh. Some people act like EM is the Holy Eucharist and we customers are suppose to be thankful that we get the services we pay for. :lol:

I know, right? What ever happened to "the customer is always right" way of doing business?

Well, to add to this saga...I emailed EM for a second time with a more dramatic subject line and this time got a response. I explained the whole situation (see above) and that I was very upset. I requested a refund of $3.60 (equal to a 20%) since the special was not in effect when I ordered but WAS by the time they processed and shipped my order EIGHT days later. I thought that was a very reasonable request for a fairly major CS screw up (telling a customer their order had shipped when it wouldn't for another 5 days).

They said no. And not only did they say no but when I posted what happened on the EM forum (in exactly the same words as above) in a thread called "Are you happy with EM", my posts and anyone who agreed that they should have given me the partial refund, were deleted.

WTH?!?

They said no. And not only did they say no but when I posted what happened on the EM forum (in exactly the same words as above) in a thread called "Are you happy with EM", my posts and anyone who agreed that they should have given me the partial refund, were deleted.

WTH?!?

WTF @ them deleting posts. Carina claims it's to keep the forum clear of bad energy and fighting, but deleting posts with negative, yet reasonable information about the company, as well as any post agreeing, in a thread created for feedback is shady and dishonest.

You don't just delete posts you don't like.

So is the forum still up? I haven't looked. Last I tried, it wasn't working at all. Is there a link?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it! I left my own post as well before reading the thread. It seems I still have my forum account there. I took a screencap of my post, just in case.

OMG IT'S WORKING!

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I don't know wtf happened, but it's all good now. Let's see if making purchases actually works, now. XD

This is what I left them:

"Well holy crap! :D It's working! I must have just not been informed yet. Not sure what happened, but it's working now! Thank you!

PS. Yes, I emailed them a few times and was communicating with one of the CS ladies. The issue I was having with my account was happening both during and after the soft-launch (so also during the hard launch, until now).

I want to be sure you know that I am very pleased everything is up and running and I will continue to make purchases from EM, but I've come out of this situation a fair bit disappointed in the way I was just kind of left out in the open and waiting. I ask that this situation be remembered and considered in the future and hope the site continues to improve!

Thank you!"

At the moment, I'm just so happy it's working to really be bitter lol. I just hope this is the last kink I have to deal with.

EDIT: Carina's response

"Faydra,

As I informed you, not only are we working without one of our CS representative, who did such a super job, and therefore we were unable to give you the type of service that you have been used to. Also many of our members like yourself, haven't tried to register again. They have just been waiting eventhough the registering problem was resolved some time ago. So glad things are working now. Love, Carina"

Uh....What's that supposed to mean?

I know they're unorganized. I said so in my post. Does she even read what we type? O_O

Is that even her? lol There's like, the ALL CAPSLOCK Carina and the Not Capslock'd Carina.

Why is she telling me about the others issues and that they're waiting? What does that have to do with me? O_O She must think I hadn't tried again since the soft launch when I TOLD HER IN MY POST THAT I DID. :dry:

Can't you just say "Yes, miss, I understand completely and thank you for your continued patronage."? Jesus.

I see you were able to get into the forum and your login is now fixed too. Yay!

But I have to say that Carina's explanation for deleting my posts is really ticking me off. I said nothing hurtful at all, only stating the facts of my experience and my disappointment with the response of customer service. The same as many others have done. The way she worded it makes it sound like my posts were awful and since they are gone, it can lead others to think all kinds of things. And I can't even defend myself since she keeps deleting anything I post.

I see you were able to get into the forum and your login is now fixed too. Yay!

But I have to say that Carina's explanation for deleting my posts is really ticking me off. I said nothing hurtful at all, only stating the facts of my experience and my disappointment with the response of customer service. The same as many others have done. The way she worded it makes it sound like my posts were awful and since they are gone, it can lead others to think all kinds of things. And I can't even defend myself since she keeps deleting anything I post.

I think if she's going to delete your posts, she should delete her posts as well. I think you're right that it's pretty cheap to leaver HER posts that describe yours, yet you don't get a chance to defend yourself by letting people see YOUR posts.

She should have PM'd you instead, to keep it personal. She might not even know how to PM, though.

I got my free sample order today. I ordered it on Saturday and it got here today (Thursday.) Not bad, and they charged me $4 for USPS. :)

But I have to say that Carina's explanation for deleting my posts is really ticking me off... The way she worded it makes it sound like my posts were awful and since they are gone, it can lead others to think all kinds of things.

It was great how she said: "I don't expect everyone to just post accolades..but I do feel that once something is said, it need not just continue for the sake of 'making a point.' " :rolleyes: It sounds bad, but I'm seriously starting to think the CEO has some sort of attitude problem. I agree with Faydra 100%. Why couldn't she leave the posts alone? Is she embarrassed about CS's reply? All these deleted posts and company inconsistencies remind me of the snake oil companies I used to read on consumer advocacy websites :rolleyes: .

I think I'll just buy my foundation and brushes from EM and go elsewhere for my other makeup brushes. I can't risk investing too much into the company and then having to deal with that sort of unprofessional response if I were to run into a problem.

And I wonder who "reported" the posts.

I know, I feel like calling them a tool or something (the one that reported). And yeah, Carina seems awfully passive aggressive in the way she handles problems like this. Oh well, I have enough EM to last over a year so maybe I'll find some other MMU by then. I really would rather not order from them again just on principle

I know, I feel like calling them a tool or something (the one that reported). And yeah, Carina seems awfully passive aggressive in the way she handles problems like this. Oh well, I have enough EM to last over a year so maybe I'll find some other MMU by then. I really would rather not order from them again just on principle

Hi Lutya! :wavey: I seriously doubt anyone reported it. I'm still pretty pissed my posts were deleted too, because I didn't say ANYTHING negative. In fact, I called one girl out (in a nice way) for treating you negatively. And notice HER post is still there, whereas all of ours are removed. I'm tempted to complain about her post and see if it actually gets deleted.

There are many, many other mmu companies out there that have awesome products AND great customer service. I'm not going to bother patronizing a company that treats their paying customers that way.

I say you try reporting Carina's posts. Tell her you're uncomfortable with them and you feel they're personal in a negative way.

And for all the other reasons I mentioned before; yours are gone and hers should be too. There's NO REASON for her post to still be there when they are addressed to posts already deleted, other than to make you look bad and her look good.

You just don't remove posts, then respond to the removed posts. If you're going to go that far, remove the issue entirely, including posts addressed to the one in question. >:/

"We do understand your issues and are sympathetic to your concerns. If you will notice, I removed other posts that were directed to you and yours as well. It did not make sense to leave parts floating without a frame of reference. I do not know you personally, but I do value you as a person and worthy of being thought of with respect. I acknowledge your opinions and hope that this closes the issue. With appreciation."

Except for her posts. There are still parts floating without a frame of reference, so she's just wrong about that.

It sounds bad, but I'm seriously starting to think the CEO has some sort of attitude problem.

It doesn't sound bad...it is true. She cannot handle criticism & can be insulting towards her customers. I've experienced it also when I complained about the flimsy packaging of the pressed powder. I didn't leave me bitter towards the company, because the CS bent over backwards to make it up to me. Otherwise, they came close to losing one customer (and one who happens to have a big mouth & posts a lot all over the internet :badgrin: ).

If you have a problem, deal directly with the customer service. Posting on the forum will only get the EM blind devotees to jump down your throat (you must be the problem, it could never be EM or Carina! :rolleyes: :D ). And of course, posts go missing if they don't like any criticism in them (a bit Nazi-like about it).

I really like EM's foundation & will continue to use it (will wait for the site to iron the kinks out before I order again), but the owner has a big stick stuck up her butt. She's doing more harm than good to her company by being in such close contact with her customers. Someone else with a thicker skin and longer fuse should be in charge of communicating with customers in the forum.

So I have a working camera now and took a couple of pictures, I would love to get some opinion about which make up I should use incase I'm using the wrong kind. I switch back and forth between Cool-Fair Intensive and Fair semi Matte but I never really thought either one gave me the best coverage, but semi matte seemed to be the closest I've found.

I could really use some help Or anyone else thinks I should use something beside Everyday Minerals that could he helpful to. But ED never gave me problems with breaks out at least nothing serious.

I stood next to a window and I wasn't wearing any make up at the time so you should be able to tell what kind of skin I have.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/jmsweetie/me1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/jmsweetie/metwo.jpg

Its funny looking at the pictures it doesn't to bad actually just when I'm wearing make up and looking in the mirror it makes my skin looks ugh. So if I could find a make up that doesn't look shitty at the end of the day even after sweating and keeps me covered I would be very happy.

InRepair: What are you using to apply your foundation? The flat top brush if going to give you fuller coverage than the kabukis.

The pressed powders, I believe, give the absolute fullest coverage, so if you can find one in your color (I wear Fair Neutral in powder and Ivory in pressed with a perfect match), then you may want to give those a shot.

InRepair: What are you using to apply your foundation? The flat top brush if going to give you fuller coverage than the kabukis.

The pressed powders, I believe, give the absolute fullest coverage, so if you can find one in your color (I wear Fair Neutral in powder and Ivory in pressed with a perfect match), then you may want to give those a shot.

Sorry I should have said the Cool-Fair Intensive and Fair semi Matte are the foundation. And I use a Kabukis brush, I should try the flat top. Once in a while I do use a press powder but I don't think I use it right. How do you apply it with the foundation?

What kind of flat top brush do you recommend just any kind? Cause there is one at the ED site that is for 10 bucks, didn't know if that was a good brush to use.

You should definitely get the EDM flat top and the EDM long handled kabuki. These brushes are fabulous. I'm not sure which foundation is good for you since a lot of EDM foundations are too orange for me, but for the redness, mix a bit of sunlight concealer with your foundation, pat the concealer mix on, and buff with a synthetic brush and the redness should be reduced dramatically.