Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynne

Everyday Minerals Cult

Hi! Sorry if this has been addressed already, but what's up with those new Start to Finish powders? Like how are they different from the regular finishing powders? And has anyone used them? Thanks to anyone who can help. :)

Hi! Sorry if this has been addressed already, but what's up with those new Start to Finish powders? Like how are they different from the regular finishing powders? And has anyone used them? Thanks to anyone who can help. :)

I'm using the Start to Finish Fair as a primer and finishing atm to see how well it works. From what I can tell, it's good for priming the skin by sucking up some oil for oily skin. My moisturizer has sunscreen in it that makes me a little glossy (not greasy, thank god), so the foundation sticks a little upon first brush stroke (even after I wait for it to soak in). Using the powder primer makes the surface really smooth so that doesn't happen and it help absorb oil throughout the day. It's a nice finishing powder too. I think it goes on much much smoother than the finishing dust, too.

I haven't been able to tell which one works better between that, the finishing dust, and the silk dust, but I'd pick it over those just because it's so much smoother.

The tint in it is very subtle.

Anyone know if/when they have been posting any coupon specials on the new site yet... like what section or if it would be on the main page? I want to pick up a 6 piece kit to mainly get a pressed powder and the start-to-finish and stock up on foundation since it is cheaper with the kit and wanted to see about a coupon first to save a little. Thanks!

I'm using the Start to Finish Fair as a primer and finishing atm to see how well it works. From what I can tell, it's good for priming the skin by sucking up some oil for oily skin. My moisturizer has sunscreen in it that makes me a little glossy (not greasy, thank god), so the foundation sticks a little upon first brush stroke (even after I wait for it to soak in). Using the powder primer makes the surface really smooth so that doesn't happen and it help absorb oil throughout the day. It's a nice finishing powder too. I think it goes on much much smoother than the finishing dust, too.

I haven't been able to tell which one works better between that, the finishing dust, and the silk dust, but I'd pick it over those just because it's so much smoother.

The tint in it is very subtle.

Thanks for the review! I think I might get it, sounds pretty good. =)

heyoo

anyone to do a review on the new pressed powder? As compared to the old pressed powder, in terms of coverage, packaging etc? :)

I was wondering if anyone who has used both the EM Kabuki and the EM Flat Top Brush, could give me a comparison on the two, in terms of applying EM Mineral Foundation. The reviews on MUA are quite good for both.

I currently have the Long Handled Kabuki and adore it, but I can't help but wonder what the Flat Top is like! :wub:

I was wondering if anyone who has used both the EM Kabuki and the EM Flat Top Brush, could give me a comparison on the two, in terms of applying EM Mineral Foundation. The reviews on MUA are quite good for both.

I currently have the Long Handled Kabuki and adore it, but I can't help but wonder what the Flat Top is like! :wub:

I personally prefer the LHK, because I didn't like the fuller coverage you get with the flat top. Right now I try to put it on as lightly as possible, and I felt I just got better results with my LHK.

But if you need heavy coverage, I'd say the flat top is the better buy.

has anyone gotten a puff jar? if so, does it work well? i was thinking about getting one. thanks!

heyoo

anyone to do a review on the new pressed powder? As compared to the old pressed powder, in terms of coverage, packaging etc? :)

Coverage and application: AMAZING. I love it so much I might go completely to pressed powder. I use the puff that comes with it (it's not very puffy, but it works really well.) That gives amazing coverage. You can even use a brush, if you just miss using a brush. With the sponge, it goes on really fast, so there's far less fuss. It doesn't HAVE to be full coverage either. There's a wide range.

If there's a color that suits you, I highly recommend getting a pressed powder. I use Fair Neutral in loose powder and Ivory in pressed. It's a perfect match for me.

Packaging: It's still pretty obnoxious, but I've gotten the hang of it now. Still in those cardboard containers. It doesn't open on me in my bag, but at first getting it closed again was annoying. I'm used to it now.

I think there are just new colors of pressed powders and there's not change in the formula. If I'm wrong, this new stuff is awesome.

heyoo

Coverage and application: AMAZING. I love it so much I might go completely to pressed powder. I use the puff that comes with it (it's not very puffy, but it works really well.) That gives amazing coverage. You can even use a brush, if you just miss using a brush. With the sponge, it goes on really fast, so there's far less fuss. It doesn't HAVE to be full coverage either. There's a wide range.

If there's a color that suits you, I highly recommend getting a pressed powder. I use Fair Neutral in loose powder and Ivory in pressed. It's a perfect match for me.

Packaging: It's still pretty obnoxious, but I've gotten the hang of it now. Still in those cardboard containers. It doesn't open on me in my bag, but at first getting it closed again was annoying. I'm used to it now.

I think there are just new colors of pressed powders and there's not change in the formula. If I'm wrong, this new stuff is awesome.

Oooooo, I'm excited because they just put out the Olive Fair pressed powder (I'm like halfway between Olive Fair and Light Olive)....and since using the All Smiles pressed blush I got free, I really like the pressed stuff. I'd just be interested to see which uses more product...

Oooooo, I'm excited because they just put out the Olive Fair pressed powder (I'm like halfway between Olive Fair and Light Olive)....and since using the All Smiles pressed blush I got free, I really like the pressed stuff. I'd just be interested to see which uses more product...

I've definitely been paying attention to that. So far, it's hard to tell. I'll know better when I'm ordering another one. :D Doesn't seem to be going very quickly, though. All I have to do it dab the sponge in the powder, not wipe, and it gives my exactly what I need.

I've definitely been paying attention to that. So far, it's hard to tell. I'll know better when I'm ordering another one. :D Doesn't seem to be going very quickly, though. All I have to do it dab the sponge in the powder, not wipe, and it gives my exactly what I need.

Yeah, when I put on my blush, I just barely press my kabuki onto the powder, don't move it around at all, and come up with the perfect amount of product.

Does EDM give confirmation when their items are shipped? I ordered some stuff on Monday and I expect to have it by Friday or Saturday... maybe even Monday next week.

Does EDM give confirmation when their items are shipped? I ordered some stuff on Monday and I expect to have it by Friday or Saturday... maybe even Monday next week.

On the old website you could view your orders, and its status would change from funded to shipped, once it had been shipped. But I havent placed an order on the new site yet so I don't know if it's the same. :shifty:

On another note, I'm wondering if anyone here mixes their foundation formulas? I have dry skin and use Original Glo, but I find the glow is too much sometimes. I don't like Intensive or Semi-Matte on their own, I haven't tried Matte yet, but know it wouldn't work well on my skin alone.

So I want to try mixing my Original Glo, with Matte or Intensive, to tone down the glow, and I'm wondering if anyone else does this with their foundation?

I am wicked annoyed with EM right now. I think the whole site switchover was too much for them to handle while also taking orders. I placed an order Sunday night and have been emailing since Monday trying to find out when it will ship. I have gotten different answers from different CS people. At first they said that it wasn't paid for by Paypal, so it was still pending...even though I had paid immediately (but from a different email address than is registered there - though that shouldn't be a big deal since the order number matches up). I sent an email from both address showing them the payment confirmation from Paypal and one CS wrote back Tuesday saying that she marked it as Funded and that it would ship out Wednesday. Okay...not as fast as their usual processing, but I could deal.

BUT then I got two emails from different CS people today both saying that my order was still marked as not funded and I needed to pay for it before it would ship. I tried writing back AGAIN but haven't gotten a response. When I click on the link from my initial order confirmation email, it has changed from "Pending" to "Funded" so that seems like a good sign but I want to see it say "SHIPPED"!!

So I want to try mixing my Original Glo, with Matte or Intensive, to tone down the glow, and I'm wondering if anyone else does this with their foundation?

Long time lurker here... I just wanted to say that I, too, always thought matte would be a poor choice for me because my skin, while not naturally dry, has been fairly dehydrated and flaky lately... I finally got a sample of it recently and it's my favorite of the formulas. It's really not a flat, chalky matte at all, it feels just as creamy as the other formulas, just with less sheen. And the look isn't flat, either, it just has more of a silkiness than a glow. Really natural. And because it's still creamy rather than powdery in texture, I don't feel like it accentuates flakes any more than any of the other formulas. You might want to try a sample of it, it might surprise you.

...I, too, always thought matte would be a poor choice for me because my skin, while not naturally dry, has been fairly dehydrated and flaky lately... I finally got a sample of it recently and it's my favorite of the formulas. It's really not a flat, chalky matte at all, it feels just as creamy as the other formulas, just with less sheen. And the look isn't flat, either, it just has more of a silkiness than a glow. Really natural. And because it's still creamy rather than powdery in texture, I don't feel like it accentuates flakes any more than any of the other formulas. You might want to try a sample of it, it might surprise you.

I just had to delurk too just to say that is an extremely accurate description of EM's matte formula. It really has a lovely finish. It's by far my favorite.

I also wanted to mention that the EM forum is back up and has a message from Carina:

new EM forum

To help get things started off on the right foot we want to offer you 20% off all orders from June 4th to June 10th! The coupon code is "eDm24hR" A special full size blush, "Launch Party" with any order over $35 minus shipping and discount.

They have $50 Super Custom Full Size Kits now in which you get to choose 12 full size products including brushes and pressed powders. With the discount and free full size blush you can get 13 full size products for $40!!

I have to order.

To help get things started off on the right foot we want to offer you 20% off all orders from June 4th to June 10th! The coupon code is "eDm24hR" A special full size blush, "Launch Party" with any order over $35 minus shipping and discount.

*FLAIL* WELL I WOULD ORDER IT I COULD. *mega pout*

>:(

I prefer the flat top, it gives me a lot more coverage. The kabuki is great for just a fast application when running errands or something. I also prefer the baby kabuki brush, I feel like I get more control with the baby compared to the long handled one.

I just tried bare essentuals this week and really like it. It does a great job controlling the oil in my T-zone. The only problem is, they don't have many shades.

I just bought 2 EM sample kits hoping that one of the 6 foundations I picked will be a match and doesn't irritate my skin because it's a lot cheaper than BE.

I can't wait to get my samples!

Me too! I just ordered my EM samples. I really like the BM stuff, but it is spendy!

I just placed an order, and I can't wait to try out some of the new products:

*Start to Finish Rice Powder

*Glass bottom boat eyeshadow

*Samba Lessons eyeshadow

*Happy go Lucky eyeshadow

*Champagne face color

*Pick me up pink concealer

*Green tea moisturizer

*Chamomile moisturizer

*Natural lip color

*Cherry Fizz lip color

I can't remember what else I'm trying, because there's no way to see the actual contents of your kit after you've placed your order with the new site.

Has anyone tried the new formula on the lip colors yet?

I got the blotting papers and a large mixing jar plus a 6 piece kit

Ivory pressed powder

Start to Finish Fair

Intensive Fair concealer

Ivory Matte foundation

Fair Matte foundation

A slightly darker matte foundation which I can't remember (maybe the golden peach or something??)

I just got my sample kit a couple days ago and I love it! I also got the natural lip gloss but hate it. It matches my skin color so I look so muted out. Plus it comes in a container that makes it look like a chapstick. Does anyone have any tips to make EDM's lipgloss more versatile?

I'm an olive medium. I got the intensive formula as a sample and it does a great job with coverage but it can get really cakey if I'm not careful, so I am going to order the intensive and semi-matte and mix the 2 together. At least then, I will have either of the 2 plus a mixed jar depending on the coverage I will need.

I'm going to order the 12pc kit and got nuts since EDM has that 20% off offer.

I love their everyday bronzer and their brushes are so soft compared to BE. Oh! and my Tzone is super oily and the finishing dust works wonders. Love it!

Thanx to everyone for getting me into EDM!

I like the versatility of everyday minerals. You don't have to buy ALL your makeup from them if you don't want to. As for me, I have a favorite cream foundation that I use, but the everyday minerals multi-tasking concealer is the best i've found! Applied with a brush it lasts a LONG time (even when I go outside and come back sweaty from the heat), and it looks the most natural. Perfect compliment to my foundation!