Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynne

Everyday Minerals Cult

Does anyone know if wearing making the day after a peel is a good idea? has anyone wore make up and done a peel here?

nooo one knows? someone has to..LOL

Humm I'd like to see how well this stuff works, anyone interested in posting regular pictures and then pictures of themselves with makeup on? Pretty please? =)

I posted several pics a few pages back...and you can see me with "regular" makeup in my personal gallery.

Update on the missing order: Turned out there was an issue with the first few Beta site orders, including mine. The nice CS lady got it sorted out, though, and my package is on the way, apparently with some extra goodies for the trouble!

Extra goodies will always get forgiveness from me. ^.^ I asked her if I should re-register and she advised me to wait until the beta site is 100% functioning. So I'll just have to wait to make any more orders, which is fine since I'm being sent the things that I wanted most. :D

I hope they send the Raspberry eyeshadow. :shifty2:

Wynne, I have three questions with you in regards to EMs. What do you mix your make up in? like a bowl, a tupperwear, etc. How to you prevent this from making a horrible mess? How do you pick a shade to match? My face looks like a ghost when I wear this make up and Im trying to get my make up out of its current container into a tupperwear and Im making a complete mess and Im probably waking up my neighbors with this banging :lol: Oh and I just washed this tank top like an hour ago and its got powder on it now

sounds like you should order more samples when trying out a brand!

Wynne, I have three questions with you in regards to EMs. What do you mix your make up in? like a bowl, a tupperwear, etc. How to you prevent this from making a horrible mess? How do you pick a shade to match? My face looks like a ghost when I wear this make up and Im trying to get my make up out of its current container into a tupperwear and Im making a complete mess and Im probably waking up my neighbors with this banging :lol: Oh and I just washed this tank top like an hour ago and its got powder on it now

I bought a mixing container from EM. I make a bit of a mess; it's kind of impossible to be neat with powder. You could put the containers on a huge towel and then just wash the towel afterwards. Send a picture in natural light, without wearing makeup, to EM and they will help you pick the colors you need. It took me two sample kits to find my perfect match, and I do mix two together: Light Olive and Olive Fair.

Oh, never mind the above. I see you've decided you don't like EM. To each her own! :)

Does anyone know when the beta site for EM is going to be their real site/when are the custom kits going to be available(Although im guessing this is going to be the same day)?

I got my new shizz! (Start to Finish in Fair, and Ivory Pressed Powder).

....No free goodies. >:( Oh well lol. I'm not going to be a douchebag and send them an angry email about how they promised me free stuff and didn't deliver. >.>

I just used the primer powder and the pressed powder....HOLY CRAP I love the new primer powder. It's WAY better than the orange finishing powder. It doesn't give much color, which is good, because that's what my foundation is for lol. So smooth. The pressed powder matches my skin tone and whoa, it really is full coverage lol. And it's FAST. I love it. I might go completely to pressed. Only thing that's annoying is the lid to the container. I like that it's recycled cardboard and it looks nice, but getting that lid back on is annoying. Worth it to get to the powder, though lol. When I get an empty full size jar, I'm going to de-pot it and put it in there.

Happy happy happy is me. ^_^

Does anyone know when the beta site for EM is going to be their real site/when are the custom kits going to be available(Although im guessing this is going to be the same day)?

The custom kits from the old EM site are up on the beta site, although there are some kinks in the beta version that they're going to straighten out.

As for the hard launch of the new website, I don't think it would happen for at least another week. Just order what you need from with the special (ends before 5/25) and splurge when the hard site launches and a good special comes up. That's what I'm going to do.

Just received my sample kit from EMC. I ordered Medium Beige (too orange), Whipped Butter (pretty good match) and Light Olive (maybe a little too yellow?). Think I will try Light Neutral next.

BUT, I used the makeup all weekend and had a pretty bad breakout come Monday. Now, I scared to use EMC. Could it be from that?? I'm a little weary of mineral makeup ever since Bare Essentials wreaked my skin two years ago.

Also, what moisturizer do you guys recommend with EMC? I'm using Complex 15 right now, maybe that broke me out. And I was using Dan's but that's a little too greasy I find (sorry Dan :) ). And before that, the Neutrogena moisturizer with SPF 45 and Helioplex (I once interviewed a dermatologist and he said this moisturizer was top rate for protecting your skin from sun damage). So, I don't know... advise, advise.

thnx.

Just received my sample kit from EMC. I ordered Medium Beige (too orange), Whipped Butter (pretty good match) and Light Olive (maybe a little too yellow?). Think I will try Light Neutral next.

BUT, I used the makeup all weekend and had a pretty bad breakout come Monday. Now, I scared to use EMC. Could it be from that?? I'm a little weary of mineral makeup ever since Bare Essentials wreaked my skin two years ago.

Also, what moisturizer do you guys recommend with EMC? I'm using Complex 15 right now, maybe that broke me out. And I was using Dan's but that's a little too greasy I find (sorry Dan :) ). And before that, the Neutrogena moisturizer with SPF 45 and Helioplex (I once interviewed a dermatologist and he said this moisturizer was top rate for protecting your skin from sun damage). So, I don't know... advise, advise.

thnx.

i know in my case it takes about 2 weeks for me to break out from a foundation/powder, but it could be sooner for you! as for moisturizer i use olay complete for sensitive skin and it provides my skin with the perfect amount of moisture. hope this helps!

Hello! I use Medium Tan matte and Intensive Medium concealer. On cold, cloudy days I use Sandy Medium intensive with the concealer. I also love the bronzer. Actually, I love everything in my sample kit. I've only tried EM for a week but I am definitely sticking with it.

Does anyone know how to prevent the little things from making a powdery mess in my purse? I don't want to leave home without them just in case I need a touch up. So far, it stays on all day, doesn't break me out or irritate my skin, and is the best makeup I've ever tried.

Also, sometimes I use moisturizer on my face before I put on the makeup. I think it gives me better coverage and stays on longer. But it's also fine without the moisturizer. I have oily skin but Accutane is finally working its magic so I have to use the moisturizer to keep my face from drying up horribly.

Hi there! I really want to try this make up, since the one I'm using now is making break out so much. I hate it. I took Accutane for almost 6 months, and though my dermatologist said it was normal to break out here and there, the make up I was using is just awful. I would like to try the free sample kit and see if this works for me. The only thing is that this new beta site...can't figure out how to add stuff to my free sample kit :think:

Hi there! I really want to try this make up, since the one I'm using now is making break out so much. I hate it. I took Accutane for almost 6 months, and though my dermatologist said it was normal to break out here and there, the make up I was using is just awful. I would like to try the free sample kit and see if this works for me. The only thing is that this new beta site...can't figure out how to add stuff to my free sample kit :think:

When you go to there new site, click makeup (its the first one on the left hand side) and underneath it says custom kits then scroll down and where it says free sample kit click add to cart then when you go to foundations/concealers etc. you can just drag it into your cart and choose if you want intensive/matte etc.

Hello! I use Medium Tan matte and Intensive Medium concealer. On cold, cloudy days I use Sandy Medium intensive with the concealer. I also love the bronzer. Actually, I love everything in my sample kit. I've only tried EM for a week but I am definitely sticking with it.

Does anyone know how to prevent the little things from making a powdery mess in my purse? I don't want to leave home without them just in case I need a touch up. So far, it stays on all day, doesn't break me out or irritate my skin, and is the best makeup I've ever tried.

Also, sometimes I use moisturizer on my face before I put on the makeup. I think it gives me better coverage and stays on longer. But it's also fine without the moisturizer. I have oily skin but Accutane is finally working its magic so I have to use the moisturizer to keep my face from drying up horribly.

i got this idea from another person in the EMC. Try Glad Press and Seal. Just cut a square, and put it over the holes. Screw the top on, and than cut the edges! Works great

Anyone know what's up with the new EM site? Going to the regular EM address now directs you to the new site but the last news posted was on May 7th, I can't post a comment (even though I'm logged in), the forum isn't working yet, and I can't get through the checkout process either. I get to the part where you have to choose a shipping method but there are none to pick. Seems there are still some major bugs...

Anyone know what's up with the new EM site? Going to the regular EM address now directs you to the new site but the last news posted was on May 7th, I can't post a comment (even though I'm logged in), the forum isn't working yet, and I can't get through the checkout process either. I get to the part where you have to choose a shipping method but there are none to pick. Seems there are still some major bugs...

I still can't register. :/ It's officially the hard launch, but there's still a lot wrong with it.

I sent this to EM's CS:

" Hi there,

A few weeks ago I ordered two things off the beta sight after we were informed we could do so. There were some issues with my order that were worked out (I love my pressed powder), but it looked like my account had been deleted (it told me my screen name didn't exist). I assumed it was just due to the funkiness of the website swap and was instructed to wait until it was fully active before I registered again.

Yesterday, I tried to register again since it looks like the sight is being launched fully. I put all my information in and it told me that my email was already registered. I thought maybe things were back up and my account was working again, so I tried to log in again, but it said my screen name still doesn't exist. I looked up my information again (I saved my registration email from the first time), and made sure I entered in all the right information, but came up with the same problem. It's telling me my account is there, but then it tells me it isn't.

Help! I really want to order more stuff, but I can't without my account!:(

I contacted someone from the live chat yesterday who said they

would pass along the message, but I wanted to email as well, just in case.

Thanks in advance for any help!"

I received this response:

"Hi Megan:

I will also pass this on to our IT department... which is completely swamped ironing out the final details of the site!

You could try registering as a new user with a different email address.

Kaye, Client Services"

It's the same thing the people through the live chat gave me, and it's just not that satisfying, though I understand it's not something they personally can deal with.

I really don't want to register with another email. I only use one email and I don't want to have to make an entirely new email and complicate things further. I'd rather just have THIS problem be worked out.

So I guess I just have to wait until I get more news from them. :/

Wow, that's even worse than my problem. I can log in with my name and password but can't get through the checkout. So, if it helps...you might not be able to complete an order even if you could log in! Maybe tomorrow...

right now I'm using some extra makeup applicators, the sponges ya know? they're square and don't fit too well but it does the job. But! I know they sell round ones if you have the larger containers and if you have smaller ones you could use round cotton pads and just trim them? I like using these though because some powder gets on them and it comes in handy when I need to dab powder on my oily spots

I just tried bare essentuals this week and really like it. It does a great job controlling the oil in my T-zone. The only problem is, they don't have many shades.

I just bought 2 EM sample kits hoping that one of the 6 foundations I picked will be a match and doesn't irritate my skin because it's a lot cheaper than BE.

I can't wait to get my samples!

Hey everyone,

I'm checking this message board to see if anyone else is having probs ordering from the new EM site. I see several of us are having probs, but all a little different. I did have the problem with it saying my email was already used, so I used another one. But now I get an error message whenever I click on my shopping cart. After the error message, I just get the 'loading' window that never goes away . . . I hope they fix this soon! But I will be patient, I truly love these products!

Hey everyone,

I'm checking this message board to see if anyone else is having probs ordering from the new EM site. I see several of us are having probs, but all a little different. I did have the problem with it saying my email was already used, so I used another one. But now I get an error message whenever I click on my shopping cart. After the error message, I just get the 'loading' window that never goes away . . . I hope they fix this soon! But I will be patient, I truly love these products!

I registered here just to share that I've had the exact same problem as you. I'd only ordered the sample kit on the old site, and when I wanted to place a full order on the new site, I had to create a new account. I was able to get an order to go through last Friday although it took much time and many tries on different computers to get it to go through. Now when I try I get the same error you're describing when I click on the shopping cart to try to check out. I had this same problem last Friday, but just kept trying on different PC's and I finally got it to go through. I can bring up the site and see the shopping cart when it's empty, but as soon as I really add anything to it, I get the error. Hope they get it fixed soon!

I think I just found a workaround to be able to check out! I opened a new browser window and went to the site, but did not log in. I clicked on shopping cart and it brought up an empty shopping cart. I then logged in, and it logged me in and displayed the items that I'd added in the shopping cart and the checkout option now displays! I'm all the way through the order process to select the shipping method, and it's showing more expensive than before (cheapest is $8.06 DHL 3-day and lowest USPS is $12.30), so I'm not sure that's correct and whether I'm going to actually place the order, but it does like this method worked! At least this time!