Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynne

Everyday Minerals Cult

thanks for the tips

i might try out sandy fair, but my skin isn't that fair.

it''s just a tiny tad too dark when I use fairly light neutral, so i think those other colours will be too fair, so I'll order 32$ kit and fairly light neutral boxes

which finishing powder do you recommend? i want it to make my skin look airbrushed, hide my pores and help the makeup stay on longer. it would be really great if it was skinfriendly and could help the little acne I have. I'm thinking: Finishing dust, tinted silk dust, natural reflection fair/cool pink

edit: yeah the multitasking concealer is probably too dark for me as well, and when i put it on my 2 ugly, red zits on my cheek it look really dark even when i put foundation on.

Well, you may end up needing to mix two or even more shades. Many people do this, and that is part of the wide appeal of em. I'm very fair, as in I had previously never found a shade that I feel is light enough, and sandy is my perfect shade. So if you don't consider yourself very fair, I would just pick up a mini of one of the fair shades just to lighten whichever shade you choose. Or, pick up a sample kit of the fairer shades to see which you like best, since it's free and you may not even add enough of the lighter shade for its undertones to make a difference.

Also, if you are finding the concealers don't match you very well, using intensive with a concealer brush works just fine for me. And I also take full advantage of mint concealer; it's fantastic.

And I'd say silk dust, it is anti bacterial and controls oil like no other. However, it may dry you out a little if you aren't very oily. I haven't tried the others, so no help there, but I love silk dust.

my skin isn't very oily usually, but wearing EM foundation makes my T-zone oily (I havent really used foundation a lot before), but it helped adding another layer of foundation a few hours afterwards. my current formula is semi-matte, and I dont think it's very good at controlling oil. I do not want to use matte formulation, it's just too much I think. does the tinted silk dust add any colour? I've also read that it dries skin a lot and I have a bit dry skin, but my T-zone did get oily... funny :S

btw: how long does a box of foundation last (8 grams) if I apply 2-3 layers every day. how about finishing dust/silk dust?

btw: how long does a box of foundation last (8 grams) if I apply 2-3 layers every day. how about finishing dust/silk dust?

Mine lasted 9 months at the very least, and I use about the same amount, sometimes more depending on the day.

my skin isn't very oily usually, but wearing EM foundation makes my T-zone oily (I havent really used foundation a lot before), but it helped adding another layer of foundation a few hours afterwards. my current formula is semi-matte, and I dont think it's very good at controlling oil. I do not want to use matte formulation, it's just too much I think. does the tinted silk dust add any colour? I've also read that it dries skin a lot and I have a bit dry skin, but my T-zone did get oily... funny :S

I've had the same jar of foundation since the end of January..and I apply around 2 layers daily. I have probably a weeks left in my jar. So for me, it lasts pretty long. The silk dust lasts forever. I also got that at the end of Jan, and have barely made a dent in it. I basically use just one light dusting over my skin daily.

i recently found out that buff-fairly light neutral makes my skin ... a bit red :P which is funny, since it's supposed to have "yellowish, brown undertones"

edit: if it matters, it happened after 5-6 hours when my skin was shiny/oily on my forehead, and I suspect the redness on my cheeks being caused by my naturally quite red cheeks, and the foundation doesnt really cover absolutely everything

What texture should I use? They offer different textures. :rolleyes: Semi-Matte

Matte

Intensive

Original Glo?

depends on the coverage and finish ur seeking. i use intensive because it provides the best coverage.

if hover over each of the textures, a box will pop-up giving u a brief description of each.

i've only used matte and intensive. i prefer intensive for the coverage. matte just wasn't enough for me.

I finally got a couple sample kits from Everyday Minerals. It took a few attempts to find my shade. I was under the impression I had yellow undertones. Pretty much any foundation I apply looks too pink on me, even if it's supposed to be on the yellow side. At a MAC counter the closest match was NC25, but that was still a little pink.....the MUA suggested I try the C shades....but she didn't have the right one for me.....

Anyway.....I picked a few in the intensive formula (that would be the hardest to find a match to since it has higher coverage). I picked out Fawn, Golden Light, and Fairly Light Neutral......all too pink. Then I tried Olive Fair, Olive Light and Golden Medium (Olive)....and Olive Fair is dead on.....but if I get a little tan it will be too light...Golden Medium will be a perfect summer shade.

I'm going to get both shades in both the intensive and original glo formulas.....oh, I also got the kabuki....love it and it was only $10.....

So far so good...

I have found my face being a bit more oily now with EM and I normally have very dry skin. I am breaking out less though now too. I am considering less moisturizer in the morning, and I might switch from my 2x daily of Complex 15 and just use a sun protection one, but I am afraid that it might make me more oily.

I have the silk dust and it seems to help. I might try a layer before any makeup at all and/or on top of my concealer. I have just the matte formula.

I finally went ahead and placed an order even though several of my items weren't in stock, because EDM just ships them out separately when they do arrive. I love the new flat top brush. It's amazing. It gives me flocked sponge like coverage with much less minerals. It's so, so, soft.

Summer Stroll is very nice. It's very natural and not too shiny. I never used Siesta so I have no idea how close it is. Walkee Talkee is also a great blush.

I'm not crazy about the jojoba dots. They are not moisturizing at all, and the exfoliation benefits only seem to last a few minutes.

I have a ton of EDM eyeshadows now, and I'm going to go out and get some good eyeshadow brushes to apply them with this week. Brushes make a huge difference.

Hello all i have a few questions for you make up heads... am in the uk so i never heard about this product till i read this thread but now youve caught my interest.... here they are:

does your face look powdery after application?

how does it sit on larger pores?

i read quite a few pages ( but not all 77 :razz: !!!!)

i ve tried bare minerals and the minerals maybeline power, but i found bare minerals did not sit in my pores on my nose so giving my face a dotted look,

the maybeline product made my skin look powdery.....

how does this compare?

also just starting a topical ret. - diferin so my face is a bit red but not to bad and no flaking or peeling yet....

what do you think , test samples? - also is buying the brushes really nessesecary, i already have a good shu umura large brush, though its not a kabuki.....

Hello all i have a few questions for you make up heads... am in the uk so i never heard about this product till i read this thread but now youve caught my interest.... here they are:

does your face look powdery after application?

how does it sit on larger pores?

i read quite a few pages ( but not all 77 :razz: !!!!)

i ve tried bare minerals and the minerals maybeline power, but i found bare minerals did not sit in my pores on my nose so giving my face a dotted look,

the maybeline product made my skin look powdery.....

how does this compare?

also just starting a topical ret. - diferin so my face is a bit red but not to bad and no flaking or peeling yet....

what do you think , test samples? - also is buying the brushes really nessesecary, i already have a good shu umura large brush, though its not a kabuki.....

Yes, mine looks sort of powdery for a while, becuase I apply mine wet, but then use a dusting of powder over it to soften the liquid foundation look. However, I do my makeup first thing in the morning, and by the time I leave my house, (about an hour later) it looks much much better. It also helps to mist a bit of water over your face when your makeup is completely finished.

I find that personally, I can't wear intensive because it settles around pores and little bumps, which is what I have on my forehead, just little tiny clogged pores. However, this seems to be uncommon, as many people here use that with no problems. I find that semi-matte applied with a damp 187 gives me full coverage (seriously full, it's amazing) but I ordered the flat top a few days ago, so I'm hoping to use it dry then, just because it takes some time right now.

I've never used the maybelline, but I'd assume it's full of talc and other fillers, em is much higher quality.

I haven't gotten my brushes yet, but I have a large powder brush too, and it gives very light coverage. I need more, personally. So instead, I apply like liquid with my usual brush until mine gets here. Best of luck!

Thanks Kimba...

i am going to oredr some testers to see...

are you lot working for em though...?!!!! they should be paying you guys :lol: hahahhahah

are you lot working for em though...?!!!! they should be paying you guys :lol: hahahhahah

Yeah really lol.

I always feel like a spokeswoman when I tell my friends about it lol. I try not to be pushy like I really am being paid, but it's so hard when you love it so much!

You know I notice something today. Its very bright outside today, and I looked into my car window and I saw all the spots on my face are kinda purple, but they are red without my make up. What the hell does that mean? lol

Actually they have always been kinda purple but I just never really let it bother me, now it does. :rolleyes:

I'm not crazy about the jojoba dots. They are not moisturizing at all, and the exfoliation benefits only seem to last a few minutes.

Same.. didn't care for them at all. Oh.. and whatever you do.. don't try to use them on your skin. :P I figured hey, it's jojoba, why not? My forehead hasn't felt the same since...

:doh:

what do you think about the color or coverage or anything else?

most importantly do u guys think the color matches? on this pic I have been wearing the foundation for 9 hours almost, and I have applied it with a brush that is not meant for MMU.. is it slightly red? and I know my forehead is oily... I have ordered finishing dust, and I'm hoping that will stop the oiling...

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm46/lo...nt=DSCN1013.jpg

you are sooo pretty! i personally think the shade matches you well. but you might need a bit more coverage or maybe a good brush that can give you better coverage. which formula are you using?

you are sooo pretty! i personally think the shade matches you well. but you might need a bit more coverage or maybe a good brush that can give you better coverage. which formula are you using?

yeah I definitely need another brush, I'm using my mom's almost 20 year old brush that is not meant for MMU, but typical loose powder... and I'm using semi-matte, but I've ordered one semi-matte and one intensive..

hHey, I've been thinking about trying Em, and I was wondering. I have really pale skin, with very, very, subtle olive tones and would their shades be light enough, and exact enough? also, I really want full-coverage, less oil, what do you think?

hHey, I've been thinking about trying Em, and I was wondering. I have really pale skin, with very, very, subtle olive tones and would their shades be light enough, and exact enough? also, I really want full-coverage, less oil, what do you think?

i would suggest sending EM customer service a picture of u in natural lighting and ask them for suggestions on shades. you may need to mix a few together to get the exact match. i'm fairly pale between cool and neutral and i have to mix fairly light neutral and golden fair to get the exact shade i'm seeking. i use the intensive formula for full coverage but they have other formulations that may give you the coverage you seek. you can always order a sample kit, it's free, you just pay for shipping, which is about $4.

Herself, the Olive Fair might be one for you to try in the sample kit. It is very fair and just the very slightest touch olive.