Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynne

Everyday Minerals Cult

place a cotton pad over the sifters then tape it over it. that should work

That's a great idea! I'm using that next time I travel.

I got my sample kit.

I tried olive fair, multi tasking neutral and fairy light beige. I think my skin is so dry from the BP and just so BLAH right now that it applied very cakey and just laid on top of my skin. I am going to exfoliate my skin tonight, and maybe baby it tomorrow and see how it goes then.

Otherwise, I am really confused about my skin tone. The olive fair looked too chalky and white on me, and the others seemed a bit off to me as well but it's hard to tell since my skin is so crappy.

Is the light olive that much darker that the olive fair?

Here I am, without flash, with olive fair around my mouth area and on the nose. Nothing is on my cheeks. I think the no flash makes me warmer than I am but when I used flash it didn't capture the difference in the make-up and my skin. When I look in the mirror with natural light it didn't look yellow at all like in this picture.

http://i26.tinypic.com/ffdb4i.jpg

Here I am with no make-up. I use BP etc so I think it makes my face whiter than the rest of my skin. You can see I have some color but not too much. What do you guys think I should try next? Also since I am always so dry from the BP would you guys suggest I stay away from intensive? That is all I ordered and it just seemed chalky to me. Maybe I should go with semi matte or orginal glo? and I can control my oil with the silk dust?

http://i27.tinypic.com/2r61p52.jpg

BTW, I am fairly light in Bare Minerals. Which is this color

http://s7d3.scene7.com/is/image/BareEscent...250&hei=250

and the description says: A neutral golden tone for porcelain-to-light skin with imperfections.

Sorry for the URLS but it wouldn't let me do a display img with img tags ):

I have both olive fair (my actual color) and olive light which is noticeably darker on me. So I would say it's quite a bit darker. Would you be able to take a picture of your profile from a little further away in sunlight? That way we can see how your makeup compares to your neck? I think that's what you should try to match, your neck rather than your face. If you take another picture one of us might be able to help with your skintone. Otherwise you can send one to EM and they can help, too! Does Olive seem the right tone? I think there are a good number of people here that wear olive, but really, olive skin is not all too common...you can always order more samples too

And definitely (gently) exfoliate and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Try using something thicker at night for an extra boost like Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

What is that rule that if your make up is to caked on then its to light for you? cause My foundation color wise I think its a bit off. I can tell when looking under certain lighting its a bit caked on. From far away you can't tell but stand next to me and you can tell. Its gotten a bit worst since I started using the finishing powders. This is what I currently use:

Finishing Powders: Finishing Dust

Foundation Cool Fair

concealer: Intensive Concealer Fair (I think this so doesn't match but I only use a bit, but its way to white I think)

I dunno something is off and I can't tell. I wish I could post a picture but my camera is broken. All I can say is, that I can tell I'm wearing make up and it still doesn't cover up everything so something is wrong.

anyone?

Without pictures it's really hard to be of much help. I would just suggest getting more sample kits. It took me three sample kits to find the right color for me AND the right color ended up being my own custom blend of THREE different foundation colors (Olive Fair, Sandy Fair, Fairly Light Neutral in a 3:3:1 ratio). And the nice thing with the sample kits is that you can try a different concealer each time too. Sorry that I can't be of more help!

place a cotton pad over the sifters then tape it over it. that should work

Why do I never just...THINK of these things! I'm so doing this.

Do most of you wear EDM all day, everyday ? And for the ones who wear it all day, does it stay on for you? I am ;loving its staying power. I have been wearing it daily lately and am just wondering if it is okay for your skin.. It has to be better than liquid thats for sure!!

Do most of you wear EDM all day, everyday ? And for the ones who wear it all day, does it stay on for you? I am ;loving its staying power. I have been wearing it daily lately and am just wondering if it is okay for your skin.. It has to be better than liquid thats for sure!!

oh yes - all day - from about 7:00 am to after 10:00 pm. i've NEVER had any negative reactions and it stays beautifully. although i don't wear it as a powder foundation - i mix it with my moisturizer to get a tinted moisturizer, but the staying power is just as good...

Yesterday, I got my first free sample kit!!!! :razz:

I'm up early just thinking about trying the foundations on!

I got: Fawn (Golden), Multi-task (Cool), and Fairly Light Neutral (Buff); all in the Intensive formula

I also got: B&B blush, Sunlight concealer

I dipped a clean q-tip in each foundation and placed each on my neck. The Fairly Light Neutral seems too beige next to my skin and makes it darker. Fawn is like a brighter version of my skin color. I might use it. But the Multi-task seems to just vanish into my skin. I'm definitely a Cool. My cheeks are pinkish and the veins under my arm are bluish (those were guidelines from EM--so weird, but true!).

I'll try Multi-task today and maybe Fawn the next day, then a mix of the two.

I think sunlight is a good concealer because yellower, brighter shades are good for dark circles, which I have aplenty!!!

I also ordered a 2nd sample kit of "fair" shades because I might have overshot my mark using a photograph with flash that made me appear more tan than I am. I ordered Fawn in a different formula, Fair (Cool), and Sandy Fair (Beige). With that I ordered All Smiles blush and Intensive Concealer Fair.

I will review my experiences soon!

How I put on my sunlight concealer (I didn't want to have wrinkly eye):

In one ring finger, I put a dab of my moisturizer and in the other I put a dab of the dry concealer and then mixed them together. Then I gently patted it in under my eyes.

What I think of the foundation:

I tried the Multi-tasking Neutral (Cool) in Intensive formula. The shade matched just lovely and natural.

Overall, the foundation is very photo-friendly. It doesn't look like I was wearing make-up in the digital photos I took. And my red marks are greatly camouflaged. :clap: However, in daylight, you can kind of tell I'm wearing a foundation. Maybe I just need more practice at buffing or finding the right formula. :think: I'm new to mineral make-up.

I'm not a big fan of foundation for daily use because of that cake-y look (I prefer to be myself even with pimples), but I love to wear foundation for photo-ops and night life. I like my Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid makeup for this occasional use because it is really subtle, fragrance free, non-comedogenic, and has SPF 20. Everyday Minerals is more attractive to me because it has much fewer ingredients than Neutrogena's, and it seems like a much more earth-friendly, animal-friendly company. :clap: I'm going to give a good try for the next couple of weeks. Here's hoping it doesn't irritate my skin!!!! :pray:

The B&B blush is nice. It's a very dark peach, so I blended it with some foundation. Looks lovely.

More later...

I also received my full kit this week and have worn it for a couple of days. I can tell it is better for my face since I have less breakouts or well formed ones when I get home.

Right now I mix the Buff-Ivory and the Cool-Fair matte foundations and probably will vary them with the seasons. Using Intensive Fair concealer, and I have been trying the blushes I got and like them all so far (Best Friends/Soft Touch/Nick Nack). Using the Silk Dust over top seems to make a difference. I forgot it yesterday and I felt my forehead was a little shiny/oily. I also like the Pick Me Up Pink to give me a little overall color.

Also got some eye shadows. Still working with the Chamomile as a highlighter, but I think now using a Q-tip, I might get better application results. I also got Exhale, Baby Bath, and Autumn Afternoon. I like browns mainly since I have medium blue eyes with dark blue on the outside.

I love the Flat Top brush and I also got the Concealer brush. Overall I highly recommend EM. For the first time, I feel like I can actually do my makeup, and it looks naturally polished, not over done.

Hey everyone,

I am leaving out of town next week, and I was wondering..is there a good way to travel with EM? I was thinking about just putting tape over the holes, so they don't get all over the place, but thats about the only thing I could think of. If anyone has any advice..I'd appreciate it!

Enkore on youtube has got really nice travel tips

(5:42 onwards)

Hope this helps!

I keep reading people are mixing there make up with there moisturizer, what is up with this, is it better then just putting on make up the normal way?

hey guys, has anyone tried their lip glosses and/or wet wipes? i need to get something extra (and cheap) to reach the $35 mark and get the week's special.

i was thinking either Siesta lip gloss or the wipes. any reviews?

hey guys, has anyone tried their lip glosses and/or wet wipes? i need to get something extra (and cheap) to reach the $35 mark and get the week's special.

I have the cosmetic wipes and they're pretty good. They're a tiny bit drying to me, so if that is a concern I don't recommend them. Other than that, they don't irritate my skin and it's a quick and easy way to remove makeup before my nightly routines. I must say...that lip gloss looks really nice :confused:

I keep reading people are mixing there make up with there moisturizer, what is up with this, is it better then just putting on make up the normal way?

Hmm...I don't know. :think: I'd imagine people mix their moisturizer with their powder because they prefer liquid makeup or because they want extra moisturizer. I used to prefer liquid makeup, but for now, I'm trying the mineral powder with a kabuki brush. I might try the moisturizer thing later.

I DO mix my concealer with moisturizer for under my eyes, though, because I think patting my under-eye with my ring fingers is gentler than rubbing a brush on them. The skin under the eyes is the thinest and most sensitive. Also, I think powder just creates and magnifies creasing.

I really disliked the two lip glosses I tried. The finish was cakey, they were very drying, and the colors were not good. I did not try the Siesta color though.

i think it really depends on the person. I have extremely oily skin(i still do moisturize though of course)...but putting on the minerals dry..just looks better..and adapts better to my skin when it does get a bit oily. I've tried mixing with moisturizer, but it just made me look oilier. To each their own. Its not a bad idea to try though, especially if you are a fan of liquid, or have drier/normal skin.

i do this. it's just a preference. i like the way it looks - more natural BUT the coverage is a bit more sheer than when you layer your EM dry with a kabuki.

...I have been trying the blushes I got and like them all so far (Best Friends/Soft Touch/Nick Nack).

I love the Flat Top brush and I also got the Concealer brush. Overall I highly recommend EM. For the first time, I feel like I can actually do my makeup, and it looks naturally polished, not over done.

I'm glad you're enjoying your EM. Do you notice much of a difference between Nick Nack and Soft Touch? I have Nick Nack already, and have been thinking of getting Soft Touch - wondering if it's worth it.

long hard road - I have Siesta and I really like it. Sometimes I use it by itself - it's kind of a peachy nude. Often I layer it over another lipstick and I really love how it warms up and softens some of my pink lipsticks and some of my more harsh colors I wouldn't wear otherwise.

I also like the consistency. I had been wearing Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers, and I like the Siesta gloss better. My lips like it better also as it's quite moisturizing.

Carina wrote that they are replacing most of their lip glosses soon. I hope they keep Siesta.

** Edited to add this link to a review of Siesta Lip Gloss with pictures:

EM's Siesta and Natural Lip Glosses

Hey everyone,

I am leaving out of town next week, and I was wondering..is there a good way to travel with EM? I was thinking about just putting tape over the holes, so they don't get all over the place, but thats about the only thing I could think of. If anyone has any advice..I'd appreciate it!

Enkore on youtube has got really nice travel tips

(5:42 onwards)

Hope this helps!

thanks! ill try the press and seal before I go. I'm not actually going on a plane, just driving a few hours, but none the less...I dont want my loose powder all over the place.

Hey, I ordered more samples and invited some girlfriends over last night. I let my skin calm down for a week (because it was really irritated by the jojoba oil. Unfortunately I am one of the lucky few who can't use it) and moisturized moisturized moisturized so that way my skin would be better for testing all my samples.

I let my girlfriend try all my samples on me, and had them look at the website as well so they could see what other choices I could possibly order. But it turns out the multitasking neutral in cool really blended into my skin, and everyone said the intensive light concealer worked very well and concealed wonderfully. So I think I may have found a good match for now (since I may get darker for summer and need to change later on), and it was confirmed by four other people actually looking at my face in person.

SO YAY! I would suggest inviting people over and having them look at your samples with you. That really helped me.

I am doing the big 6 for 32 and happily filling my cart BUT I am curious on ya'll's take on finishing powders? Since my skin gets dry (even though I'm naturally oily) from the acne treatments I am going with the glo formula of the foundations. Would a finishing powder be too dry? And would I only use it afterwards to set my make-up? I was thinking the finishing powders would be like bare minerals mineral veil where you set your face before and afterwards. I wasn't sure what color to get so I was thinking of ordering the pure silk dust. Has anyone tried it? Is it too chalky?

I have brushes from bare minerals that I wash, and are still in fairly good shape but what brush would you guys recommend I buy. The flat top or the long handled kabuki? What is the difference between the two?

i do this. it's just a preference. i like the way it looks - more natural BUT the coverage is a bit more sheer than when you layer your EM dry with a kabuki.

How do you mix them together? do you just put moisturizer in your hand and pour the powder in? and what do you mix it with, concealer or foundation? I also have been trying the finishing powder do you put that on top of everything else?

...I have been trying the blushes I got and like them all so far (Best Friends/Soft Touch/Nick Nack).

I'm glad you're enjoying your EM. Do you notice much of a difference between Nick Nack and Soft Touch? I have Nick Nack already, and have been thinking of getting Soft Touch - wondering if it's worth it.

There isn't a huge difference on the skin to me. I have a fairly pale complexion. They are definitely about the same level of pinkness, but the Nick Nack has a more brown tint to it, while the Soft Touch is much more of a pink throughout when looking at them. On my skin they look sort of the same, but I haven't worn them a ton. I like both though, so if you like the Nick Nack and it works well for you, the Soft Touch would too.