Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynne

Everyday Minerals Cult

hey everyone im a bit worried. i made a mail payment order for a EDM sample kit on dec.11. the status said shipped for quite some time now and i still havent gotten my order :(. (i live in canada). should i be worried? >.<

Give it a little time. I ordered on Nov 16 and i just got that order yesterday! :shock: I think it was because the mail system was delayed and busy due to Christmas and New Years and other recent Public holidays.

If you dont receive it in about a week or two, email them and they will send you that order again.

That's ages! Where do you live?

Australia. Yer, this was the longest order it has ever took for me! I usually get orders in 3 weeks.

There must be a major slow down with the mail due to the holidays yet, or something. I sent my order by mail this time (no room left on any credit card to to an internet order). I sent it on December 26. The order hasn't reached EM yet. :( It should have arrived to them from me by Dec 29. :( So yeah, it's slow right now. And I'm crying the blues using off-color left over foundations until my new stuff arrives. :rolleyes: Yuck.

There must be a major slow down with the mail due to the holidays yet, or something. I sent my order by mail this time (no room left on any credit card to to an internet order). I sent it on December 26. The order hasn't reached EM yet. :( It should have arrived to them from me by Dec 29. :( So yeah, it's slow right now. And I'm crying the blues using off-color left over foundations until my new stuff arrives. :rolleyes: Yuck.

Yeah it must be the holidays, cos mine shipped on the 14th and still isn't here. But I live in Belgium, so it's bound to take longer.

BTW, does anyone here have Everyday Bronzer? I ordered it without being too sure, so if anyone has it can they take a picture and show me what it looks like ...I'd really appreciate it : )

I've received my order today, yay! :dance: I order on Dec 28th so i got it very quickly. (Red Grapes - I sent you a message).

Two minor complaints - the fan brush was all squashed up and doesn't look very impressive and the eyebrow comb was broken, I'll try to glue it back together.

Everything else looks really great, especially the free e/s. Ginger Bread Man looks very pretty in the pot.

I haven't tried anything yet but I can't wait to try:

Sunday Brunch, All Smile, and Favorite Hoodie blushes.

The e/s - Tinsle Time, Ginger Bread Man, Silver Spoon, Emerald. Cherry Fizz.

I don't know where to start, lol.

The flat top is indeed very soft like everyone else have mention, I'm sure it will apply the foundation well.

I'm not sure in which order I should apply these: foundation, pick me up pink concealer, tinted silk dust, blush. Any advises?

I also need to see where I store everything :)

I'm sure if you email cs they will replace your eyelash comb so you don't have to glue it together. Since the concealer is not "skin colored", I would do it concealer, foundation, silk dust and blush. Some people start with the silk dust(as a primer) however and do silkdust, concealer, foundation, blush. If you are going to use the concelaer as an all over face brightener I would use it right before the blush, with foundation or silk dust in the order that you prefer.

I'm sure if you email cs they will replace your eyelash comb so you don't have to glue it together. Since the concealer is not "skin colored", I would do it concealer, foundation, silk dust and blush. Some people start with the silk dust(as a primer) however and do silkdust, concealer, foundation, blush. If you are going to use the concelaer as an all over face brightener I would use it right before the blush, with foundation or silk dust in the order that you prefer.

Thanks Laurayne! I'll experiment and see what works for me. I just wasn't sure where the pink concealer comes to picture :)

I think I'll try to glue the brush first since it was a freebie.

I just got my order a couple days ago & I found my colour match: light olive : ) That's great cos it was the colour I'd ordered in a big jar ..but the formula doesn't work very well for me . :/ so I'm gonna order another in intensive & original glo.

Anyone else have problems with the matte formula looking chalky?

I've received my order today, yay! :dance: I order on Dec 28th so i got it very quickly. (Red Grapes - I sent you a message).

Two minor complaints - the fan brush was all squashed up and doesn't look very impressive and the eyebrow comb was broken, I'll try to glue it back together.

Everything else looks really great, especially the free e/s. Ginger Bread Man looks very pretty in the pot.

I haven't tried anything yet but I can't wait to try:

Sunday Brunch, All Smile, and Favorite Hoodie blushes.

The e/s - Tinsle Time, Ginger Bread Man, Silver Spoon, Emerald. Cherry Fizz.

I don't know where to start, lol.

The flat top is indeed very soft like everyone else have mention, I'm sure it will apply the foundation well.

I'm not sure in which order I should apply these: foundation, pick me up pink concealer, tinted silk dust, blush. Any advises?

I also need to see where I store everything :)

That's exactly what happened to mine! My fan brush was squished, and the eyebrown comb broke when I took it out. Weird, but yeah they're free so...I also got the flat top and it is sooo soft. :] I like Cherry fizz! It's very sparkly though.

That's exactly what happened to mine! My fan brush was squished, and the eyebrown comb broke when I took it out. Weird, but yeah they're free so...I also got the flat top and it is sooo soft. :] I like Cherry fizz! It's very sparkly though.

I won't be surprised if this has happened to others as well. I glued the eyebrow comb lets see how long it will hold *g*.

There's a new special up:

Enter discount code DGZJxn in your cart to get 7% off your order before January 18th. And all orders over $30 (after discount and minus shipping) receive Premium Fan Brush, Premium Angled Brow Brush (while supplies last), as well as an exclusive blush color in sample size New Car Smell a romantic and beautiful fun peachy beige shade, perfect for winter! Photo Coming Soon!

I can't wait to see the picture of the new blush. Personally I'm glad I took advantage of the previous special and didn't wail for a new one, the 2 free e/s look really great and they are full size, I think they'll last me forever :)

Do you put the concealer before the foundation or vice versa?

What go first?

foundation first then concealer. you'll find that you get much better coverage that way....

Question: Is the consistency/texture/application of the concealer significantly different than the foundation? Like does it really make a difference if you use your foundation with a concealer brush to cover acne or use the concealer powder? On the EM site it lists the same ingredients for both, so I just wondered how they differ.

I'm been using Clinique City Stick as a concealer for years but would be interested in switching over now that I'm using EM for my foundation and blush...

Question: Is the consistency/texture/application of the concealer significantly different than the foundation? Like does it really make a difference if you use your foundation with a concealer brush to cover acne or use the concealer powder? On the EM site it lists the same ingredients for both, so I just wondered how they differ.

I'm been using Clinique City Stick as a concealer for years but would be interested in switching over now that I'm using EM for my foundation and blush...

It's definitely a different consistency. A bit thicker with a higher pigment. If applied with the right brush (I use the EM concealer brush), it can make a huge difference. It covers my red marks perfectly and there isn't one bit of smudging or buildup you sometimes get with cream/liquid concealers. It matches and blends perfectly.

Is the EM concealer brush that you have natural or synthetic hair? I just got the newish EM eyeshadow brush in a swap, which looks very similar to the synthetic EM concealer brush (slightly different shape), so I'm wondering if I could use that to apply the concealer.

Jai said earlier they she puts on the concealer after the foundation...I would have thought the opposite so that it would blend better. What do you do?

Is the EM concealer brush that you have natural or synthetic hair? I just got the newish EM eyeshadow brush in a swap, which looks very similar to the synthetic EM concealer brush (slightly different shape), so I'm wondering if I could use that to apply the concealer.

Jai said earlier they she puts on the concealer after the foundation...I would have thought the opposite so that it would blend better. What do you do?

-Mine is synthetic. You can certainly try using the eyeshadow brush. The difference that would come into play is more how tightly bound the brush is. (Like the dual fiber brush compared to the kabuki brush.) It should work fine.

Putting it on before foundation won't do you any good at all since the buffing will just buff away the concealer. Putting it on after foundation will make it so the concealer hides whatever wasn't hidden buy the foundation. Then I use a finishing powder to set the whole canvas. I apply blush after finishing powder for my own personal taste, but that's up to you (if you wear blush).

Thanks! I'm searching for something to use as a finishing powder since I discovered I'm allergic to silk. I started a thread about two products available from the Conservatorie - silica powder and pearl powder - that I am considering.

Iv ordered a sample kit though wasnt exactly sure if my skin has pink undertones but the rest of the Cool description fits.

If iv picked wrong samples and the foundations are not good for me, am i able to order another sample kit or does it only let you have 1?

Iv ordered a sample kit though wasnt exactly sure if my skin has pink undertones but the rest of the Cool description fits.

If iv picked wrong samples and the foundations are not good for me, am i able to order another sample kit or does it only let you have 1?

You can order as many sample kits as you want but only one per order. You can also order other items with the sample kit if you want to.

Has anyone tried the chamomile or green tea creams? I know green tea is good for your skin and my dad, who is from europe, raves about chamomile...Any reviews?

I'm so sad..I really wanted to like EM but it clogged my pores so bad! I had skin colored bumps on my face after using it only for 3 days. When I stopped, the bumps went away. I too want to be a part of the EMU cult and have it work for me ;(

Crud :( I ordered EM for the first time and it arrived yesterday, I just ordered a full size foundation and concealer cuz I'm impatient (very) and I since it said the samples only last a couple of days, I wanted a full size one right off the bat, and just prayed I made a good enough choice. Anyway....I read their foundation guide thing, and decided on Buttered Tan in Original Glow and concealer in intensive meduim. Well, I tried it for the first time today. Based on how they looked in the containers, I thought the concealer would be too dark, and that the foundation would be just right. But I was wrong :( The foundation makes me look like...I went and got a tan :( It's like, 2 shades too dark on my face, but when I hold the container up to my face it's a totally lighter color. My skin is kinda dry at the moment cuz of BP, could this be affecting the way the color looks on my face??

I'm thinking of trying Winged Butter. I'm not really sure how to know what undertone I have :( I just know that my biggest problem with foundation is it either looking too pink or too orange on my face (or too dark haha). Buttered Tan is just too dark, it doesnt really make me look orange or pink.....I am full mexican, but most people always assume that one of my parents was white, so I guess I'm lighter? I'll try to take a pic so I can get better suggestions....I'd really appreciate any help, cuz I do like EM way better than BM and other mineral makeup I've tried. Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :doh:

The samples last a lot longer than a few days. Just order samples and save the money of ordering full sized ones. Your best bet is to send EDM a picture of yourself in natural lighting.

Crud :( I ordered EM for the first time and it arrived yesterday, I just ordered a full size foundation and concealer cuz I'm impatient (very) and I since it said the samples only last a couple of days, I wanted a full size one right off the bat, and just prayed I made a good enough choice. Anyway....I read their foundation guide thing, and decided on Buttered Tan in Original Glow and concealer in intensive meduim. Well, I tried it for the first time today. Based on how they looked in the containers, I thought the concealer would be too dark, and that the foundation would be just right. But I was wrong :( The foundation makes me look like...I went and got a tan :( It's like, 2 shades too dark on my face, but when I hold the container up to my face it's a totally lighter color. My skin is kinda dry at the moment cuz of BP, could this be affecting the way the color looks on my face??

I'm thinking of trying Winged Butter. I'm not really sure how to know what undertone I have :( I just know that my biggest problem with foundation is it either looking too pink or too orange on my face (or too dark haha). Buttered Tan is just too dark, it doesnt really make me look orange or pink.....I am full mexican, but most people always assume that one of my parents was white, so I guess I'm lighter? I'll try to take a pic so I can get better suggestions....I'd really appreciate any help, cuz I do like EM way better than BM and other mineral makeup I've tried. Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :doh:

Order samples next time! Each container lasts for a week, at least. I remember it taking a few weeks to go through my whole sample kit. You may need to get several kits before you find your match.

Always go by how the foundation appears on the skin too. It is not uncommon for makeup to go on darker or lighter than it appears in the jar.

I have a similar problem with foundations being too orange or too pink, and when the tone is correct then the shade is too dark. Too orange usually means too warm and too pink means a color is too cool. I am half Spanish, so I have a very fair Latin coloring and I use fair olive in EM and it's perfect. So besides a golden shade you may consider sampling one of the olive shades (maybe light olive?) or even a neutral. Winged butter is a very golden, yellow shade. I tried a sample of that and it was too dark for me, but again, I am very fair. If you think a golden shade would work well, you might want to try a sample of light also, as it is similar undertones to winged butter but a lighter shade.

Definitely send a photo to EM's customer service too. They can make some recommendations for you.