Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynne

Everyday Minerals Cult

Double post but different topic:

What would you guys recommend for a winter bronzer for pale skin with dark brown eyes and hair (I wear olive fair & sandy fair intensive). I think the regular bronzers would be too dark. I tried weekend getaway but it was way too pale.

I'm thinking Waffle Cone, Snooze Bar or Favorite Hoodie. Any help?

I wear olive fair too, brown eyes & hair, and I like maybelline's bronzer in sunlight :whistle:

Yeah it's cheap drugstore stuff, but it's a great color for me & not too dark of a bronzer.

Without adding much color, I find wet sand to warm up the face. I use it as a highlighter of sorts on my upper cheekbones and nose bridge. I still use a blush with it though; it seems like more of a face color than a blush.

Snooze bar & favorite hoody look nice though. Waffle cone looks kind of dull for neutral skin tone, but I prefer a lot of color usually :shrug:

Oh I forgot to mention that I got a printed color guide from EM with my last shipment. The printed guide seems more reliable & accurate than the on screen one, since there's less variation in print than with monitors. I don't know if they are sending them automatically now (seems like it), but it's pretty helpful.

Oooo, oooo. I discovered a tip:

I've been trying a sample of EM's "natural" blush/face color. As a face color, it really softens and blurs out the tiny bumps on my forehead, enlarged pores, flakes, and mild scarring. It makes my skin tone look "healthier", too, and gives me a slightly dewey, porcelain finish. Even as I get greasy, it maintains that dewey look and doesn't add to the greasy look, which I definitely wasn't expecting. It makes a very subtle, slightly brightening blush.

Thanks for that tip! I might order this blush. :)

What would you guys recommend for a winter bronzer for pale skin with dark brown eyes and hair (I wear olive fair & sandy fair intensive). I think the regular bronzers would be too dark. I tried weekend getaway but it was way too pale.

I dont really wear bronzers, but i have tried the Waffle Cone and i love it! Its a great soft bronzer with heaps of shimmer. Its really lovely. Its not very heavy, just very light. Works with my fair skin.

I have been through this thread before but can't be bothered going through all 48 pages again. Just a quick question and my apologies if it has been asked a thousand times - does Everyday Minerals face powders contain SPF protection?

I have been through this thread before but can't be bothered going through all 48 pages again. Just a quick question and my apologies if it has been asked a thousand times - does Everyday Minerals face powders contain SPF protection?

yes - SPF of about 19

I placed a new order:

-Floating Feathers

Unless I missed it, you never mentioned how you liked this eyeshadow. Are you using it as a brow highlighter? I'm thinking of ordering it for a browbone and inner corner highlighter. Let me know, thanks!

I wear olive fair too, brown eyes & hair, and I like maybelline's bronzer in sunlight :whistle:

Yeah it's cheap drugstore stuff, but it's a great color for me & not too dark of a bronzer.

Without adding much color, I find wet sand to warm up the face. I use it as a highlighter of sorts on my upper cheekbones and nose bridge. I still use a blush with it though; it seems like more of a face color than a blush.

Snooze bar & favorite hoody look nice though. Waffle cone looks kind of dull for neutral skin tone, but I prefer a lot of color usually :shrug:

Oh I forgot to mention that I got a printed color guide from EM with my last shipment. The printed guide seems more reliable & accurate than the on screen one, since there's less variation in print than with monitors. I don't know if they are sending them automatically now (seems like it), but it's pretty helpful.

I got a cardboard-guide-thing, too. So, you think it's more accurate? I wasn't sure what to trust. I wish they had photos not swatches, but it's a nice condensed guide anyway.

Edit: It shows Sandy Fair as much darker than Cool Fair, though, and when I was mixing up the 2 today, it looked the opposite. Maybe it's better for comparison, not absolute color?

I found the cardboard guide to be really INaccurate but maybe it's me. Also, the one I got is fairly out of date...it didn't have a lot of the blushes and eyeshadows.

I found the cardboard guide to be really INaccurate but maybe it's me. Also, the one I got is fairly out of date...it didn't have a lot of the blushes and eyeshadows.

First off let me say I've been lurking in this thread for awhile now and you guys have the BEST ideas!! My daughter has been using EM for about a year now, love their service, fast shipping and great products. So when I saw the title of this thread I thought I might find something to help her. I never would of thought to use EM for myself (I'm 47 and MMU just made me look chalky and dry). Never dreamed of mixing it with my mositurizer - so I ordered a sample kit and mixing it works great! I'd been trying to find a foundation that was free of silcones (it gives me milia) but thought MMU was out of the question. After a week of switching to EM (along with my skincare routine) I'm definately seeing an improvement. So you guys rock!!

Anyway, in regards to that color chart - basically chuck it. It's useless, the EM web site is known for not accurately showing the right color. However, my suggestion to you ladies is to go to MUA and read the review there for things like blush, eye shadow, etc. I've gotten VERY accurate color descriptions there, most gals write pretty detailed reviews. I pored over many of them because I can't use anything too shimmery or glittery at my age. When I put in my order from the reviews I read there, they were pretty right on. And just about every color has been reviewed. So if you have the time you might want to pop in over there before you make a choice. Especially in the eye shadow reviews, many people have posted actual pics of the eye shadow color, very helpful when determining how light/dark a color might be.

I'll go back to lurking now :cool:

First off let me say I've been lurking in this thread for awhile now and you guys have the BEST ideas!! My daughter has been using EM for about a year now, love their service, fast shipping and great products. So when I saw the title of this thread I thought I might find something to help her. I never would of thought to use EM for myself (I'm 47 and MMU just made me look chalky and dry). Never dreamed of mixing it with my mositurizer - so I ordered a sample kit and mixing it works great! I'd been trying to find a foundation that was free of silcones (it gives me milia) but thought MMU was out of the question. After a week of switching to EM (along with my skincare routine) I'm definately seeing an improvement. So you guys rock!!

Anyway, in regards to that color chart - basically chuck it. It's useless, the EM web site is known for not accurately showing the right color. However, my suggestion to you ladies is to go to MUA and read the review there for things like blush, eye shadow, etc. I've gotten VERY accurate color descriptions there, most gals write pretty detailed reviews. I pored over many of them because I can't use anything too shimmery or glittery at my age. When I put in my order from the reviews I read there, they were pretty right on. And just about every color has been reviewed. So if you have the time you might want to pop in over there before you make a choice. Especially in the eye shadow reviews, many people have posted actual pics of the eye shadow color, very helpful when determining how light/dark a color might be.

I'll go back to lurking now :cool:

welcome ;)

i'm glad you are now able to use EM - i recently began mixing it with my moisturizer and i'm so in love with the way it looks. PLUS it's good for my skin so who wouldn't want that, right??

thanks for the scoop on MUA - i'll be sure to check there before i purchase any new shadows or blushes......

I got a cardboard-guide-thing, too. So, you think it's more accurate? I wasn't sure what to trust. I wish they had photos not swatches, but it's a nice condensed guide anyway.

Edit: It shows Sandy Fair as much darker than Cool Fair, though, and when I was mixing up the 2 today, it looked the opposite. Maybe it's better for comparison, not absolute color?

The colors I have look more accurate to the cardboard guide than on screen. I wish they were the photos too though.

I noticed it is missing many colors too...

I placed a new order:

-Floating Feathers

Unless I missed it, you never mentioned how you liked this eyeshadow. Are you using it as a brow highlighter? I'm thinking of ordering it for a browbone and inner corner highlighter. Let me know, thanks!

I've tried it twice, and both times it was like putting nothing at all on my face. I haven't tried the wet application yet. I purchased it after hearing all the great things you can do with MAC's Vanilla pigment, and I was hoping Floating Feathers would be close.

Also, I have favorite hoodie - I would not try this as a bronzer unless you have quite dark skin. It's a gorgeous brown, but my estimation is that it is too dark to be a believable bronzer. I will try it out as a bronzer tomorrow though (I've been using it as an eyeshadow).

Hi! I am a girl....so ignore the profile....(using a bugmenot account) I ordered the sample kit on Monday, and I am still waiting to recieve it. After reading your rave reviews, I'm so excited to try it out! I orderd Medium Beige Summer, Sandy Medium, and Medium Tan as my foundation colors. I'm asian and have Medium-Medium Dark skin. I just found out today that I was Medium Beige 3 in Maybelline Makeup. For all you *former* Maybelline Makeup users, if you were this shade, can you please tell me what your shade is in EDM? I'd really appreciate it, and it would make my shade selecting MUCH easier! :D Thanks in advance!

So, for those who wrote a testimonial and recieved a free blush, how did you know that you would be recieving anything? Did they e-mail you letting you know or did they just send you something?

So, for those who wrote a testimonial and recieved a free blush, how did you know that you would be recieving anything? Did they e-mail you letting you know or did they just send you something?

You get a free blush if you write a testimonial? Haha, I'm so writing one when I get my kit then : p

i got an email reply thanking me for my comments and telling me that they're going to send me a special "gift" as a token of their gratitude. i got a full size summer balancing dust, not a blush.

I got an email thanking me as well. They also asked for my address and I got to pick what I was sent. I chose the Silk Dust. :D They sent it right over!

They sent me an email thanking me for the testimonial but said nothing about sending me a free gift in gratitude. Bummer, thats why I wrote the testimonial!! Greedy, Greedy. :doh:

Does anyone else use flocked sponges? I'd like to find better ones than what EDM offers. They're dirt cheap, but they also flake on your skin after the first wash.

oops, can a mail order be cancelled?

I was just curious to see what "mail order" was but I went through the whole thing & now it's under track orders D:

EDIT: Nvm, I sent an email & within 5 minutes I got a reponse saying not to worry, the order will be cancelled with no charge ...ahh I love EM :wub: