Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynne

Everyday Minerals Cult

I agree, I'm kind of disappointed that they want to change to synthetic. Maybe we could all email them in support of natural hair brushes? All natural makeup should be applied with all natural brushes, in my wee opinion.

Yer. I like my kabuki brush.

But would synthetic be better though? Its much more softer and denser, from what i have heard. But i have read somewhere on the EM boards, that Carina mentioned that if they want EM to grow, they have to start making synthetic brushes, because the large amount of people who are against animal cruelty or anything similar to that. I know EM doesnt harm the animals in anyway, but i dont think much people will buy natural brushes.

But i am happy with my natural kabuki brush. :D

Yes, animals do not have to be harmed to make natural brushes. I think it is similar to sheering a sheep for wool; they are not killed, rather given a short summer hairstyle :P

Personally, I do not find that cruel in itself.

I have yet to find a synthetic that is both as dense & soft as a natural hair brush, but that is me. They are often very dense or very silky, but rarely both. Maybe they will have some brushes to prove me wrong though :)

Oh i see. Yes me too, i dont find this cruel.

I hope EM will make good brushes! :dance:

OMG, i almost crapped my pants today when i tried my new em blushes.

apple - like a more pigmented version of benefit dandelion. the perfect pink for everyday wear.

plum dust - haven't worn it on my cheeks yet, only did a wrist color swatch. looks very pretty for fall/winter makeup.

and girl's day - wow, sparkly, the color is a very very warm reddish-orangeish color. with lots and lots and lots of gold sparkles. totally wearing this for a night out. can also see this work as an eyeshadow.

they're all gorg!!! can't wait to order more.

apple - like a more pigmented version of benefit dandelion. the perfect pink for everyday wear.

plum dust - haven't worn it on my cheeks yet, only did a wrist color swatch. looks very pretty for fall/winter makeup.

and girl's day - wow, sparkly, the color is a very very warm reddish-orangeish color. with lots and lots and lots of gold sparkles. totally wearing this for a night out. can also see this work as an eyeshadow.

I love the apple blush. I cannot rave about it enough!

Oh and i read your sig. You use EM's Multi-Tasking as foundation! :dance: I love their concealer.

I noticed in your signature you mix EDM with Aloe Vera for a foundation. Can you elaborate on how you do this exactly? I can never get good coverage when I try this.

Hi, I'm new here - tried the regimen a long time ago and decided to seek alternatives because of the BP bleaching problem, so now I'm experimenting.

I just got my first EM sample kit last week along with the baby kabuki and I'm LOVING it. I'm about to take advantage of this week's special, but before I order I have a question about the brow colors.

Has anyone tried to use the brow colors as eyeliners? I'm a redhead (brownish red, though) with super pale skin and I don't know how the Exhale is going to look yet. I'm also concerned that the brow colors will be too dark for me.

I love the apple blush. I cannot rave about it enough!

Oh and i read your sig. You use EM's Multi-Tasking as foundation! :dance: I love their concealer.

:dance: :dance: i know, the concealer is heaven for me too!

i can't wait for their pressed powders to come out. i just spilled powder all over my bathroom counter. booo :boohoo: :boohoo:

I noticed in your signature you mix EDM with Aloe Vera for a foundation. Can you elaborate on how you do this exactly? I can never get good coverage when I try this.

yeah, this'll only get ya sheer coverage, like the barely noticeable kind. i don't need lots of coverage for daytime. i prefer sheer foundation + concealer on places that need it, as opposed to heavy coverage all over. i just mix the two together, spreads so much easier and takes like 30 seconds to apply. when i want good coverage though, i use a kabuki to buff it in.

So i am totally clueless when it comes to applying liquid liner/eye liner to the top lids. Ive done it a couple of times, but gave up because it just didnt look right and couldnt get it right to the lash line.

So yesterday, i wanted to get this right. I got my Eyeliner brush and Smokey eyeliner. I dabbed the brush into the smokey eyeliner (just on the container lid; just only needed a tiny bit) then went into the bathroom and put my brush under the tap for a couple of seconds, making it wet.

Then i stretched my top lid and applied. And it was soo easy! Made a nice straight line. I did it again today and it was soo easy! Love it. And it stayed on all day.

Im really interested in trying the really highly pigmented Black eyeliner. Has anyone tried it?

Has anyone tried to use the brow colors as eyeliners? I'm a redhead (brownish red, though) with super pale skin and I don't know how the Exhale is going to look yet. I'm also concerned that the brow colors will be too dark for me.

Medium brown brow color is really dark. I think it's dark brown. I have to use an incredibly light hand to apply it to my brows, and my brows are in between medium and dark brown. I don't know about their other colors though, sorry.

'tash, I had the same experience. I've tried so many times to master eyeliner, and I always look like I've made lightning bolts on my eyelids. I thought powder eyeshadow would be even harder to apply as a liner but OHMYGOSH I did it. I mean, 10 years of trying eyeliner and I finally got it - though I have no doubt that I would be wearing the lightning bolts if I tried stick or liquid eyeliner even now.

Medium brown brow color is really dark. I think it's dark brown. I have to use an incredibly light hand to apply it to my brows, and my brows are in between medium and dark brown. I don't know about their other colors though, sorry.

'tash, I had the same experience. I've tried so many times to master eyeliner, and I always look like I've made lightning bolts on my eyelids. I thought powder eyeshadow would be even harder to apply as a liner but OHMYGOSH I did it. I mean, 10 years of trying eyeliner and I finally got it - though I have no doubt that I would be wearing the lightning bolts if I tried stick or liquid eyeliner even now.

:lol:

Wow... that sounds so good. Totally love putting liner on the top lids! :dance:

erm...Well i just ordered my sample kit from EM and im eagerly awaiting its arrival! does anyone know how long it takes to get from the US to Aus?

I ordered the apple blush cos ive seen how much everyone raves about it...

it looks a little light on the net but IM TRUSTING U GUYS!!! :D

oh, and are u allowed to order more than one sample kit in the one name, at different times?? thanks everyone!

erm...Well i just ordered my sample kit from EM and im eagerly awaiting its arrival! does anyone know how long it takes to get from the US to Aus?

I ordered the apple blush cos ive seen how much everyone raves about it...

it looks a little light on the net but IM TRUSTING U GUYS!!! :D

oh, and are u allowed to order more than one sample kit in the one name, at different times?? thanks everyone!

Hey there!

Welcome to the EM Cult! ;)

Im in Australia too! and a usual order takes 2-3 weeks to get here. Shouldnt take longer than that.

Oh and the Apple blush is just lovely. Really nice. Did you see the colour in there photo guides? Personally, the colours are more true to life than their swatches on the main blush page.

And, yes you are allowed to order more than one sample, but at a different time. So if the samples you received weren't working as you hoped, you can order another sample, till you find your colour. I went through about 7 sample orders. :lol: :wacko:

I went through 3 sample orders, and when I asked for a little help from them finding my color they actually offered to ship me a sample free of charge. I declined because I figured if they give me free makeup, I can at least pay for shipping :)

OMG. I just got my latest order of EM. Do you know what those horrible, conniving creatures did? THEY GAVE ME TWO SAMPLES OF EYESHADOW...ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Dear God, make them STOP...

OMG. I just got my latest order of EM. Do you know what those horrible, conniving creatures did? THEY GAVE ME TWO SAMPLES OF EYESHADOW...ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

:D The 12 step program isn't working? Me, neither. :(

:D The 12 step program isn't working? Me, neither. :(

Not one bit, but Jaysus, I look good...

Has anyone tried the Everyday Minerals Sunlight Concealer for dark circles? *click* I have really bad dark circles and I can't seem to find anything that actually covers well...

Yeah, I tried it - it didn't work on me. I looked jaundiced. I just use regular EDM foundation to cover the land of the shadows up.

Hi everyone

I am eagerly awaiting my EDM samples. I had never even heard of mineral makeup until I got on to this site!! Anyway I'm in the UK so guessing it will be a while before I receive my goodies. Therefore, impatient as ever, I just bought some Loreal Mineral powder from Boots. How does this stuff compare to EDM? Does anyone know? Because I have to say I'm pretty impressed with this stuff itself. The real bonus is the lack of the guilty feeling involved with putting all that clogging Sh*$ on with liquid foundations. I think I'm ready for the cult...providing I can still wear my clothes and I don't have to marry the same man as 20 other women....I don't, right???????

Hi everyone

I am eagerly awaiting my EDM samples. I had never even heard of mineral makeup until I got on to this site!! Anyway I'm in the UK so guessing it will be a while before I receive my goodies. Therefore, impatient as ever, I just bought some Loreal Mineral powder from Boots. How does this stuff compare to EDM? Does anyone know? Because I have to say I'm pretty impressed with this stuff itself. The real bonus is the lack of the guilty feeling involved with putting all that clogging Sh*$ on with liquid foundations.

welcome, ClaireLouise! i just got on the bandwagon, too. i must say that not every mineral makeup is created equal. loreal's bare naturale powder foundation (if that's the one you're referring to) has some fillers and preservatives that they label as "necessary".

they put so many other additives into drugstore brands MMU (mineral makeup) to balance out other ingredients that they add. whereas with EM, just 4 or so simple ingredients. however, there are some people that cannot tolerate some of the simple ingredients in EM even (eg. Mica). if EM works for you, lovely! they're great! HTH! :D

Hi everyone

I am eagerly awaiting my EDM samples. I had never even heard of mineral makeup until I got on to this site!! Anyway I'm in the UK so guessing it will be a while before I receive my goodies. Therefore, impatient as ever, I just bought some Loreal Mineral powder from Boots. How does this stuff compare to EDM?

I've used the L'oreal stuff, and it was so awful. I think the only makeup I've tried that was worse than that was MACs Studio Fix (which admittedly seems to work wonders for many others, but it was disgusting on me). The stuff was so blotchy, the brush on it was so stiff and scratchy. One of my good friends swears by it, and even though she's gorgeous ... well, let's just say I've gently tried to sway her to ANY other mineral makeup. She has great skin but you wouldn't know it from looking at her when she wears the L'oreal stuff.

EDM goes on evenly and doesn't run off in streaks. It's not irritating, and provided you apply it correctly not cakey or fake looking.

Hello, ClaireLouise!

No plain coloured frocks or bigamy, but you will be expected to learn a new jargon and get a far-off looks in your eyes, while speaking in an hypnotic language pattern when you describe the products. :badgrin:

Just had a little looky at the stuff I bought today, it is L'Oreal true match minerals. I can't see a label stating the ingredients but tis only a temporary measure and if it just goes to show how crappy the stuff I was using before, because this is quite good....so if I'm going to see even better results from the EDM, well frankly thats enough to have me bounding towards the postman on a daily basis like a hopefull, exhuberent puppy, by god if I had a tail I'd wag it!!!!

As for the talking with a hypnotic slur, nothing new there, thats par for the course, along with a fine trickle of saliva running from the corner of my mouth.

P.S. I'm kidding......of course....ahem. :wall:

Does anyone know what's happening to the brushes? Many of them are gone. I wanted the precision camouflage one but it's not there, so I got the oval concealer brush, hope it's just as good..