Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynne

Everyday Minerals Cult

Is anyone participating in the EM contest?

I think I might do it....

i am i just have to get a decent picture of me. i'm wearing more than enough EM today - finishing dust, foundation, bronzer, blush - dammit i need a digital camera!!!!!

I was thinking about it, but I'm a bit paranoid about sending in a full face shot to them. :think:

My EM seems to..slide off my face after about 6 hours of wear (and goes cakey). My skin has been a little oily lately though. How can I avoid this?

which one are you using?

Intensive in Fawn [:

Thanks for the info Jai. :surprised:

I will try it out with my moisturizer and keep you guys posted if anything unusual arises...

you're welcome ;)

I was thinking about it, but I'm a bit paranoid about sending in a full face shot to them. :think:

Me too! :think:

Carina just recently posted in the blog that she might have to cancel the contest because lack of participation.

Me too! :think:

Carina just recently posted in the blog that she might have to cancel the contest because lack of participation.

uh oh - let me get my pic in there - maybe i'll win by default :lol:

I was thinking about participating, but whenever I get all fixed up I am going somewhere & don't have time for a photo shoot :D

Plus, I only use EM face makeup; all my eye makeup & lip color are other brands.

I was thinking about participating, but whenever I get all fixed up I am going somewhere & don't have time for a photo shoot :D

Plus, I only use EM face makeup; all my eye makeup & lip color are other brands.

ME TOO. :drool:

You can use a foundation color and a blush color and then one eyebrow or eyeshadow color from EM and thus have enough product for the contest! Their eyeshadows are gorgeous.

You can use a foundation color and a blush color and then one eyebrow or eyeshadow color from EM and thus have enough product for the contest! Their eyeshadows are gorgeous.

You only need 3 products?

Cuz I use EM foundation, concealer, finishing powder, & blush. So I guess I have enough to qualify :think:

Now I just need to find the time when I am at home to doll myself up & snap some photos :D

I've decided to give EDM another try! It's been almost a yr since i ordered from them. Anywho...the color "light" almost matches, but it's a tad bit too pale. If i order it in the intensive formula (heard it was a bit darker), would I see a significant difference?

I've decided to give EDM another try! It's been almost a yr since i ordered from them. Anywho...the color "light" almost matches, but it's a tad bit too pale. If i order it in the intensive formula (heard it was a bit darker), would I see a significant difference?

It will probably be even more pale on you. I thought I'd found my color in Original Glo formula, then ordered it in the other formulas and it's too pale in Intensive.

So I think I found my "true" EDM color. Quick recap: I started off as a Fair Medium for concealer with EDM. Fair Medium has fairly prominent pink undertones. After about 2-3 weeks of using EDM, my skin was considerably less pinky looking, so I ordered another sampler kit with different shades. No luck with the that kit. I ordered another sample kit last week, which arrived Saturday, and Fairly Light works for me. When I selected it for the kit I was worried it was going to be too light or too yellow-y (based on the description). I think it works great with my skin. It's a tad lighter than multitasking, pretty much the same overall color as Fair Medium but with very muted pink undertones.

I also found a concealer trick. Instead of using the regular concealer, I used Fairly Light in the Original Glo formula (instead of my regular Intensive formula) for blemishes. This worked fabulously for me - no worries about super-blending, and it wore much better than the concealer. I think I had to use a bit more of the Original Glo than concealer to get the same blemish coverage, but it actually lasted longer and after I topped it off with another dusting of all over Intensive, it looked better. Anyone else try this out?

I want to wait until EDM comes out with their next special to order some more things, but I'm starting to think that they aren't going to offer another special until the spa contest has passed :(.

Does anyone know if Everyday Minerals is water-based? I am beginning to use benzamycin (erthromycin and benzoyl peroxide) and it says I am only allowed to use water-based cosmetics. I only use their concealer.

Does anyone know if Everyday Minerals is water-based? I am beginning to use benzamycin (erthromycin and benzoyl peroxide) and it says I am only allowed to use water-based cosmetics. I only use their concealer.

That warning is so you don't use oil based makeup. Since EM is a mineral powder, it does not have a liquid base, water or oil. It should be fine. If in doubt, ask your derm.

Has anyone here used sunfx fake tan? im trying to "guesstimate" the colour i would need when i get sprayed....im guessing ill be at least 2 shades darker but who knows lol im figuring if i get two sample kits i should be able to suss it out lol.

Ok so I'm new here. But I've been reading the posts about everyday minerals and how much basically everyone on here loves them!! So of course... I ordered my free sample and LOVE IT!! :dance: I was using Bare Minerals for about a week then stopped then tried using them again but my face breaks out and gets very very dry from Bare Minerals. So when I got my sample of Everyday Minerals, I was a little nervous... but I absolutely love it!! It feels so great and I found my color already! I'm just so excited, I had to share it with you all! I already ordered my second sample kit to try the different types.. so the first time I got all Semi-Matte, because my face is VERY dry (basically always) but in the second one that I ordered I wanted to try Matte and Intensive. I was wondering if anyone could suggest what would be best for me... who has used them for a while. Ok well thanks in advance!

Hi peaches! I'm not a good one for answering your question as I have very oily skin; I like the intensive coverage. I have read that matte or semi-matte is good for dry skins provided you also use a good moisturizer and/or primer.

Ok so I'm new here. But I've been reading the posts about everyday minerals and how much basically everyone on here loves them!! So of course... I ordered my free sample and LOVE IT!! :dance: I was using Bare Minerals for about a week then stopped then tried using them again but my face breaks out and gets very very dry from Bare Minerals. So when I got my sample of Everyday Minerals, I was a little nervous... but I absolutely love it!! It feels so great and I found my color already! I'm just so excited, I had to share it with you all! I already ordered my second sample kit to try the different types.. so the first time I got all Semi-Matte, because my face is VERY dry (basically always) but in the second one that I ordered I wanted to try Matte and Intensive. I was wondering if anyone could suggest what would be best for me... who has used them for a while. Ok well thanks in advance!

congrats on your new found love! it's because of this site that i found EM and i am so glad i did. i will never go back to any other makeup.

with regard to your question, i've used semi-matte, matte and intensive. i have oily skin; however, what i can tell you is that powder foundation tends to magnify dry skin, EM included, regardless of the formula. if you want great coverage, go with intensive and use a really good moisturizer and primer before you apply your foundation.. HTH :)

Have you tried Original Glo? That is their formula for dry skin. I'm guessing here, but I think it has more mica to give a more dewy appearance. I use intensive and original glo. I have very dry skin, but I work at keeping it hydrated by drinking a LOT of water and using a good moisturizer and gentle cleanser. I use the original glo on blemishes only.

Hi,

Been reading this post...Sounded too good to be true, so, I ordered my sample kit. From US to UK $5 postage here in 5 days. Love it! Love it!

:dance: EM is such great value!!

note to self: be patient and wait for moisturizer to dry before applying minerals. otherwise, cakey disaster. :doh:

Ive applied many times my EM STRAIGHT after moisturising. But i dont get an cakiness. (But i might get a little more oily than usual)

One day we had the air conditioning people to come in to install it early in the morning. And what do you know, they arrive 1/2 an hour early! I was just done with my moisturising, but couldnt wait for my moisturiser to dry. So i just got my EM and applied it straight away and my moisturiser was a little bit wet still, especially around my nose.

What moisturiser do you use?