Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynne

Everyday Minerals Cult

I was using AN until this week. when my EM samples got here. I'd ordered some last year but they were so insanely light I gave them away. I picked out slightly darker shades this time and turns out I am dead on Sunkissed fair (in the summer, anyway). I also started using the AN squalene primer, and between the two my makeup looks so much better and stays on a lot longer. Thanks for the raving recommendations, all!

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm really happy with my EM. I used to not be able to tell the difference between matte and intensive, but I can now, LOL.

YAAAAAAAY! HG!

:dance: !!!!

so i'm back to using everyday minerals..... (i went away for awhile, but honestly because of their popularity on the board, i decided to try again.) anyway, so after the second day of using it, it's actually pretty good coverage and looks a lot more natural than my liquid foundation.

i have a question though.... i'm using the intensive formulation, but what kind do you use and why? i have dry skin, and i'm thinking next time around i'd rather use orginial glo. i use mac fix+ spritzer after application, but if i didn't, it would look a little cakey (just because of my dry skin, even though i moisturize properly.) thanks!

I use the original glo at the moment and ive found you need to apply quite a few layers of it to get a decent coverage (for minor red marks and freckles) and that usually ends up looking overdone and really matte....so im gonna try the semi-matte and see how that goes :)

which is best for a lot of coverage but not oily skin? intensive, original glo, matte or semi?

If you have very dry skin, I'd think that the matte or semi-matte would work well. The intensive (plus the silk dust finishing powder) helps control my oil for hours so it wouldn't be so good for someone with dry skin. The original glo is a bit shiny for some.

I just got a shipment today from my last order at the beginning of the week. I'm in awe of the gorgeous, simply gorgeous colors. I actually did say "Damn" when I saw the Cypress and Emerald eye colors. Wow. Apple IS a very pretty blush, but it's kind of orangey for me, but I haven't actually tried it on yet.

I got the mini eyeshadow kit: Snowflakes, Cool Breeze, Emerald Eyeliner, Cypress, Starry Eyed, Countryside, Pressed Olive, Cherry Fizz, Spin Cycle, and Comfy. All gorgeous.

Now that I have absolutely no tan whatsoever, I hope my foundation choices work for me! :D If not, I did buy a mixer container so I can whip up my perfect color from all the colors I have. ;)

which is best for a lot of coverage but not oily skin? intensive, original glo, matte or semi?

I don't think the intensive is too matte for non-oily skin. It has a really natural finish, not powdery like many heavy coverage MMU. If you moisturize well I think it should be good.

Otherwise the semi-matte may be the way to go, but you will have to layer more for good coverage. The semi-matte is too dewy for me still though, and I can't fathom original glo being good on anyone unless it's used as a highlighter of sorts, but then I have oily skin & the word "glow" in itself frightens me. It made me look waaaaaay too shimmery & highlighted my pores & other flaws. If you can't tell, I really don't like it :D & it almost turned me off to EM. I'm glad I got a 2nd round of samples & tried the intensive & matte again :)

If you have very dry skin, I'd think that the matte or semi-matte would work well. The intensive (plus the silk dust finishing powder) helps control my oil for hours so it wouldn't be so good for someone with dry skin. The original glo is a bit shiny for some.

I just got a shipment today from my last order at the beginning of the week. I'm in awe of the gorgeous, simply gorgeous colors. I actually did say "Damn" when I saw the Cypress and Emerald eye colors. Wow. Apple IS a very pretty blush, but it's kind of orangey for me, but I haven't actually tried it on yet.

I got the mini eyeshadow kit: Snowflakes, Cool Breeze, Emerald Eyeliner, Cypress, Starry Eyed, Countryside, Pressed Olive, Cherry Fizz, Spin Cycle, and Comfy. All gorgeous.

Now that I have absolutely no tan whatsoever, I hope my foundation choices work for me! :D If not, I did buy a mixer container so I can whip up my perfect color from all the colors I have. ;)

Today I applied my Smokey eyeliner as usual, but I thought I might try something different. So I applied my Smokey eyeliner, but then I got my Oasis eyeshadow, and applied it right under my Smokey eyeliner and it was really nice. :D

:boogie: Wynne, if you try those colours, can you tell me how the Emerald eyeliner and Pressed Olive are? Mostly i want to use these as eyeliners (like how i did with Oasis) These two are definitely going in my next order.

i think intensive gives the best coverage by far. if you moisturize, it shouldn't be a problem.

i think intensive gives the best coverage by far. if you moisturize, it shouldn't be a problem.

Couldn't agree more. =)

'tash: I tried the Emerald and the Pressed Olive. I think the Pressed Olive would be too light to use as an eyeliner unless one applies it wet. Wet, it's gorgeous. The Emerald is nice, but I'm more of a sparkly person (in eyeshadows anyway) so I'll mix it with sparkly eyeshadows for a nice eyeliner.

I had to buy another Snowflakes since I spilled the first one. That is my favorite color. :D I liked the Cherry Fizz and Samba lessons, too (Samba was free sample with order). The carrying case is a great addition, too, along with some nice brushes they sent along.

'tash: I tried the Emerald and the Pressed Olive. I think the Pressed Olive would be too light to use as an eyeliner unless one applies it wet. Wet, it's gorgeous. The Emerald is nice, but I'm more of a sparkly person (in eyeshadows anyway) so I'll mix it with sparkly eyeshadows for a nice eyeliner.

I had to buy another Snowflakes since I spilled the first one. That is my favorite color. :D I liked the Cherry Fizz and Samba lessons, too (Samba was free sample with order). The carrying case is a great addition, too, along with some nice brushes they sent along.

Thanks for your reply :D Sounds lovely.

What kind of moisturizer is best for wearing under the EM intensive foundation? Any chance it has SPF? Will it also help the inevitable dryness that I expect will come from using Dan's BP? I haven't started yet, as it's in the mail. My EM starter sample kit is on it's way too :dance:

Couldn't agree more. =)

thnx for replies. I will try for intensive my next sample order.

Couldn't agree more. =)

thnx for replies. I will try for intensive my next sample order.

i think you'll love it......

What kind of moisturizer is best for wearing under the EM intensive foundation? Any chance it has SPF? Will it also help the inevitable dryness that I expect will come from using Dan's BP? I haven't started yet, as it's in the mail. My EM starter sample kit is on it's way too :dance:

i use philosophy's hope in a jar - it doesn't have an SPF but EM does so it makes up for it. if you want something that has an SPF i also like Oil of Olay Complete All Day UV Moisture Lotion for Sensitive Skin SPF 15 it's oil free.

My EM seems to..slide off my face after about 6 hours of wear (and goes cakey). My skin has been a little oily lately though. How can I avoid this?

My EM seems to..slide off my face after about 6 hours of wear (and goes cakey). My skin has been a little oily lately though. How can I avoid this?

try using the silk dust or finishing dust first - before applying your foundation and then again after you're done applying everything. also, try using a primer as the last step in your skin care routine.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this site and reading about EM here last night made me decide to order a sample and try it out for myself. I read here that many of you mix the minerals into your moisturizer and use it like a foundation all over your face.

I usually use the Garnier Mattifying moisturizer with white clay and zinc and it seems to work well at keeping my skin oilyness under control, plus my skin seems to tolerate it well. Do any of you have any experience using this moisturizer with EM? If not, do you think I would be able to use this moisturizer and blend it with the EM like many of you do? I guess what I really want to know is if there is a particular moisturizer that works best with EM?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this site and reading about EM here last night made me decide to order a sample and try it out for myself. I read here that many of you mix the minerals into your moisturizer and use it like a foundation all over your face.

I usually use the Garnier Mattifying moisturizer with white clay and zinc and it seems to work well at keeping my skin oilyness under control, plus my skin seems to tolerate it well. Do any of you have any experience using this moisturizer with EM? If not, do you think I would be able to use this moisturizer and blend it with the EM like many of you do? I guess what I really want to know is if there is a particular moisturizer that works best with EM?

i dont have any experience with the products you're using, but, i would venture to say that any moisturizer would do well with EM. we all use different ones, for the most part, and there doesn't seem to be any adverse issues. as long as you moisturize, you'll be fine.

which one are you using?