Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynne

Everyday Minerals Cult

Hello. I'm Wynne and I'd like you to step forward with your tale of conquest by EM.

I'm a light olive intensive.

I discovered that EM makeup looks great over some liquid foundations and adds depth and contrast to the monotone color of the liquid foundation.

The intensive formulas can be applied wet or dry! Use a concealer brush with damp foundation to cover blemishes to perfection. Dust and buff the dry foundation over the whole face, starting from the hair line or the sides of the face and you'll have a perfect finish. :)

Please post your EM tips and tricks.

Clarification: I'm not an Everyday Minerals expert. I started this thread as a bit of a joke; I love the makeup but we are perhaps a bit silly about our love of it so thus this thread. ;)

I'm a sunkissed fair in intensive.

One thing I suggest since many traditional makeup users complain about the amount of coverage that they cant seem to achieve with mmu, is:

1)First apply a good moisturizer or primer (preferably one that has vitamins, spf, and is oil free) rub it all over your face and let it dry. Then take that same moisturizer and add about one-two drops into the palm of your hand, add a dime sized amount of your mmu and combine the two until it resembles a "liquid foundation" apply this all over your face.

2) then apply a light dusting of your mineral foundation on top of your liquid and conceal any spots with your concealer or your foundation. I personally like to add blush/bronzer after and then some silk dust to top it off. This keeps my makeup looking fresh and I don't have to worry about my makeup rubbing off throughout the day.

This technique has helped me to achieve that perfect "matte finish" I have always wanted.

hey, wynne. i didnt think u were that serious about this .lol good one! i luv it! haha. well i havent received my EM yet. so i'll come back here with some info once i try them on!! cant wait!

Hello, I'm Buttered Tan in the intensive formula.

Here are some tricks/tips that I've learned, tested, and have worked for me.

1~ Scared of EM's mint concealer? Well just mix in a little w/ your moisturizer, apply where you need it, and let it dry. Then apply your foundation, blush, and finishing powders. This allows you to get the benefit of the mint concealer w/o looking all green.

2~ If your in a hurry, mix in your EM foundation w/ your moisturizer to make your own tinted moisturizer. You get nice, sheer coverage in 1 step, but if want more coverage just mix in more foundation to the moisturizer.

3~ I always apply my concealer wet, let it dry (a couple minutes), then buff my foundation in. This makes it easier for me to apply under my eyes and I don't really have to blend my concealer in because the buffing of my foundation blends it all together.

4~ I'm pretty sure people know this already...if you have oily skin, apply your fave. finishing powder BEFORE your foundation. This acts like a sort of primer to help control oil and shine.

Well that's all I could think of!

my name is jai (pronounced jay) and i'm an EM addict. ;)

i'm a mix of sunkissed fair and medium intensive. i also use intensive fair and mint concealers.

here are my tips:

always use the concealers wet when using it for under the eye. i also use it wet on my eyelids as a primer.

to mix foundation shades, i dip one half of my brush in one shade and the other half in the other shade. then i swirl my brush in a small plate to get the perfect shade.

always make sure ur moisturized b/c powder foundations magnify dry skin.

that's it for now! thanks, wynne, for posting this thread :wub:

now, where's 'tash....:think:

Hello, I'm Buttered Tan in the intensive formula.

Here are some tricks/tips that I've learned, tested, and have worked for me.

1~ Scared of EM's mint concealer? Well just mix in a little w/ your moisturizer, apply where you need it, and let it dry. Then apply your foundation, blush, and finishing powders. This allows you to get the benefit of the mint concealer w/o looking all green.

2~ If your in a hurry, mix in your EM foundation w/ your moisturizer to make your own tinted moisturizer. You get nice, sheer coverage in 1 step, but if want more coverage just mix in more foundation to the moisturizer.

3~ I always apply my concealer wet, let it dry (a couple minutes), then buff my foundation in. This makes it easier for me to apply under my eyes and I don't really have to blend my concealer in because the buffing of my foundation blends it all together.

4~ I'm pretty sure people know this already...if you have oily skin, apply your fave. finishing powder BEFORE your foundation. This acts like a sort of primer to help control oil and shine.

Well that's all I could think of!

Thanks everyone for the tips--perfect timing! I just got my samples from EM and Aubrey Nicole and I've been playing!

Any hints on how can I tell which shade is the best match for me?

I just put a big streak on my cheeks and checked in bright light to see which one looked most like my natural skin color. The one that appeared to 'vanish' was my true color. It won't always 'vanish', but the one that most closely resembles your natural skin color is your true match. :)

Sometimes you need to mix two colors to find your perfect match. It just takes experimentation and bright natural light.

EM cult!

I officially as of today joined the cult. My EM samples finally came in the mail and I tried it on. It was great! I was highly impressed.

My only complaint would be about the concealer...I didn't get the right shade but I thought it was too drying. So currently I'm just using my normal old MUFE Lift Concealer but buffing the EM intensive foundation on afterwards. It seemed to work pretty well!

I will definitely be trying the mixing technique to make a 'liquid' foundation. The only problem is the moisturizer I use is Neutrogena's Healthy Skin which has AHA and somehow I can't imagine that mingling well with MMU powder? I also use a Clinique Pore Refining lotion though, could I possibly mix the MMU with that?

At any rate, even if I just end up applying MMU with a kabuki the dry way, it still looks good. Woohoo..I can ditch the Colorstay at last! (well..maybe)

I'm an EM user for life! The color is perfect & I look so much less greasy with it. It looks so incredibly natural too.

I use Olive Fair in the Intensive formula and I use the Intensive Light concealer.

I love makeup, but I like to be low maintenance with my foundation as I am always rushing in the mornings....I've gotten applying MMU down to a science now, it's become so easy.

I make sure my skin is well moisturized and almost dry, and my eye area has also been well moisturized & is dry. Then I simply buff in 2-3 layers of my foundation with my kabuki. I use a small brush to dust concealer under the eye, around my nose, and any other area that needs extra coverage. I then use a flat top brush to lightly sweep one last layer of foundation over my face to smooth & blend it all out.

I use a wet q-tip to clean off any powder that got in my eyebrows & to clean it off my lips (it makes my lipstick crumbly otherwise).

When my skin was going through a flaky period while adjusting to retin-a, I used a liquid foundation since powder & the buffing was accentuating it, but I found that a light dusting of my EM foundation was a great way to set it. (It still did not look nearly as natural or feel as weightless as EM alone though; that's why I went back to 100% EM).

Already mentioned, but using a slightly wet brush with water/moisturizer can make the concealer go on more creamy, to cover dark circles or a big pimple. Lately I haven't had either though, hehe

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for opening this thread :) I just ordered the sample kit of EM yesterday (can't wait to receive it). I live in Finland so it may take a while to get here.

I have a question: which brushes do you guys use to apply the concealer, the foundation and the finish powder? I don't have much luck with sponges so I think its time to switch to brushes. Any advice? :wub:

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for opening this thread :) I just ordered the sample kit of EM yesterday (can't wait to receive it). I live in Finland so it may take a while to get here.

I have a question: which brushes do you guys use to apply the concealer, the foundation and the finish powder? I don't have much luck with sponges so I think its time to switch to brushes. Any advice? :wub:

I am just using some brushes I got from Bare Minerals. I've started using some brushes I bought at a beauty supply store. The EM site shows how to use the brushes and also what type of brush is good for concealer, foundation, blush, eyeshadow/liner/brow.

All the brushes are on this page, with descriptions of what they are best used for. :)

One of the reasons I decided to join this site was to talk about EM w/ you gals! LOL.

Hello all, my name is Tara and I'm a cross b/w Multi-tasking and Fairly Light Neutral. I've only ever tried Intensive formula, and love my EM makeup to death!

My Tips:

1) Mix your powder foundation with Aloe Vera gel until it combines into a tinted lotion, then apply that all over your face. After that use a flocked sponge (EM's is great!) to blend everything very well. Finally add some silk powder and some blush if you wish and you'll have beautiful smooth looking skin.

2) Use a Flocked Sponge!!

3) All Smiles blush mixed in with a clear lip balm makes a nice, pearly lip color. (i use Burt's Bees Raspberry Lip Gloss.)

Well, that's all for now. I'll add more if I can remember. :)

One of the reasons I decided to join this site was to talk about EM w/ you gals! LOL.

Hello all, my name is Tara and I'm a cross b/w Multi-tasking and Fairly Light Neutral. I've only ever tried Intensive formula, and love my EM makeup to death!

My Tips:

1) Mix your powder foundation with Aloe Vera gel until it combines into a tinted lotion, then apply that all over your face. After that use a flocked sponge (EM's is great!) to blend everything very well. Finally add some silk powder and some blush if you wish and you'll have beautiful smooth looking skin.

2) Use a Flocked Sponge!!

3) All Smiles blush mixed in with a clear lip balm makes a nice, pearly lip color. (i use Burt's Bees Raspberry Lip Gloss.)

Well, that's all for now. I'll add more if I can remember. :)

Wow! Cool tip for lip color! I'm doing that with Best Friends tomorrow! Flocked sponge is so helpful too!

Thanks SO much everyone for sharing these wonderful tips! :D

hey, wynne. i didnt think u were that serious about this .lol good one! i luv it! haha. well i havent received my EM yet. so i'll come back here with some info once i try them on!! cant wait!

:) We are all very serious about our EM. ;)

Woohoooo :dance: Thanks Wynne for creating this thread =] Jai, im right here :razz: and ready to post!!!

Im Tash. I use:

Foundation: Multi-Tasking Concealer

Brush: Premium Kabuki

Concealer: Multi-Tasking Concealer

Brush: Precision Camouflage brush

Blush: Apple

Brush: Premium Kabuki

I dont see myself using any other foundation/powder/liquid/concealer etc, other than my beloved EM :wub:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK some tips from experience:

1. Invest a really good brush to apply your minerals. It will make all the difference.

2. My fav: Once you apply your mineral foundation, let it sit on for about 10-15 mins before applying blush. I never put on my blush straight after my foundation. You will see a difference. =]

2a. IMO, their matte blushes, (no shimmer or sparkle) work wayy better on my face than there shimmery sparkly ones.

3. Make sure your face is well moisturised. Your minerals will go on better, and powder accentuates dryness.

4. If you did not like the look of their foundation, try their multi-tasking concealer and apply it like their foundations. You might have a 2nd chance at EM.

5. Their Premium Kabuki is excellent!! And great value.

6. If theres powder on your eyebrows, wet a ear-bud (Q-tip) and gently wipe it on your eyebrows.

7. You can use their minerals wet. Either gently spritzing the brush, or gently spritzing your face before mineral application.

8. Another one of my fav: Curl your lashes before powder application. Once you apply your minerals, apply your mascara. Your lashes will be more defined and longer because some of the powder has gone on your lashes which adds length and volume when you apply mascara. And the biggest part is that it majorly keeps the curl!!!!! (Thanks to a member for this tip, i think it was Jai.)

9. If you need to touch up, (maybe going to a party for the night) and dont want to use your kabuki brush because your face is oily and dont want to dirty the brush (yes i know, i keep my brushes very clean :angel: ) get a cosmetic wedge put some minerals on aluminium foil, and gently press (dont rub, just press) on where you need to to touch up. Its great it soaks up the oil, and transforms your face to when it looked like in the morning!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ill add some when some other tips come to me! :D

This thread is awesome :) im just about to jump onto the mineral makeup bandwagon (at the moment im using this awful liquid foundation i got from the dollar store haha).

Do you have to use the makeup wet to get a decent coverage? or can you just apply several layers of powder with a kabuki brush?

This thread is awesome :) im just about to jump onto the mineral makeup bandwagon (at the moment im using this awful liquid foundation i got from the dollar store haha).

Do you have to use the makeup wet to get a decent coverage? or can you just apply several layers of powder with a kabuki brush?

One layer of intensive does it for me...

When I had more blemishes, just one to two layers would be fine with the kabuki brush I already had. You can apply the concealer wet with the concealer brush and that gives fantastic coverage. Then apply a regular dusting/buffing of the powdered dry foundation all over and it should be terrific. :)

I am going to be buying more of their makeup soon and I'm buying the flat-top brush and the premium kabuki and their concealer brush and their flocked sponge and a blush or two...AND the light olive intensive foundation, of course. ;)

Thanks for the quick reply Wynne :) do you know if you can mix the different types? eg intensive with the semi-matte to get better coverage but more of a glow instead of a matte finish?

Thanks for the quick reply Wynne :) do you know if you can mix the different types? eg intensive with the semi-matte to get better coverage but more of a glow instead of a matte finish?

Yes, you can mix the different types! Their website even recommends that for finding your own personal mix that suits you the best! :)

I keep chenille powder puff with a bit of my MMU in a vintage compact in my purse for touch ups. Just swirl it in some powder like you would to apply, and then put it away.

Ok...so Ive had a battle with wanting to love EM but it was just too drying and itchy and Im pretty sure it made me break out. I cant stand the dry version but was thinking of trying it with moisturizer or wet. Does it give better coverage that way?

Ok...so Ive had a battle with wanting to love EM but it was just too drying and itchy and Im pretty sure it made me break out. I cant stand the dry version but was thinking of trying it with moisturizer or wet. Does it give better coverage that way?

A moisturizer under it really is good for many. If it made you itch, though, you might not want to continue unless you choose a different formulation, not the intensive. Another idea that might help is a primer if you can find one you like.

Mixing the MMU with a moisturizer is a lovely idea shared by many of the posters above, so that sounds like a great way to make a tinted moisturizer that provides some coverage. I don't see it as providing a lot of coverage, though.

I did note that I itched when I used one particular one of the BM brushes I had. I don't use that brush anymore and don't itch when I use the other BM brushes I have, nor the one beauty supply store brush that I bought.

PS: We won't storm or rant at you for not being a member of the EMC. ;)

Ha ha ok good! LOL

And another question how different of coverage or look is it if you spray the brush or face with water?

Ha ha ok good! LOL

And another question how different of coverage or look is it if you spray the brush or face with water?

It's more coverage if one applies the foundation wet. I just mix up (in a separate container) a bit of water and foundation until its a consistency I like and then apply it to an individual red mark as needed.