Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killercupcake

Accutane Law Suit?

One of my niece's has gotten a letter today from the law offices of Jeffrey Steinberger in Beverly Hills. (www.jeffreyslaw.com) It states they are now prosecuting a class action against the Accutane manufacturer and for all people who have taken it. Anyone else hear about this law suit?

There have been law suits against roche for years, this is nothing new. From what i've read, most are settled out of court so no-ones finds out about the damage this drug can and has done.

Umm do you guys live under a rock? Accutane has been out for at least a decade or two now. It not like some new drug that just got approved. The side effects are known and documented. Do you even bother to read the side effects? The doctors/derm also warn you about the side effects. That's why they have you do a blood test to see if it even safe for you in the first place which if you fail the blood test you won't be prescribe the drug. Not to mention at the end of the day it is still your choice whether or not you take the medication despite the side effects. It not like someone is forcing the pill down your throat. Or that Accutane is the only method to treat acne.

We're living in a compensation World nowadays. If you choose to take accutane, you choose the side effects and anything else that happens to you. You can't sue a company because you made a decision you now regret.. I agree with Shindou: Accutane has helped so many people. People forget the good things and just remember the bad.

Side affects are there for a reason... You choose to take it, noone else.

Ive read newspaper articals on suicide its caused before id even heard of the drug (This given by a natural regime i was gona try before).

Ive seem richard and judy show where this lad had took it and his skin cleared great..... but he couldnt eat properly, drank through a straw and couldnt even think about kissing someone!!.. as his lips never recovered.

I was very "ohh err" about taking it a long time before i did, But i made that descion. And im "with it" enough to realise if any side affect was kicking in that bad id be straight off it.

Get the bad and good wiv everything dont ya. The percentages of bad being low compared to the good.... So why not

so true. i hear all these things about accutane causing suicide but what about the all the suicides they have prevented. I was very unstable and depressed with acne and after accutane it has healed eveything and i am happy once again

so true. i hear all these things about accutane causing suicide but what about the all the suicides they have prevented. I was very unstable and depressed with acne and after accutane it has healed eveything and i am happy once again

I love how people think that other people must be held accountable when their decisions turn out poorly.

You knew there was a risk of taking Accutane - however SMALL - yes - small - it may be. All of the information you need to make a decision about this drug is presented in the product information and in your Doctor.

To the person that said that lawsuits are settled to prevent people from knowing "the truth", thats a ridiculous thing to say. At its very base level, lawsuits are settled by large companies to prevent larger damages that can result from a judgment, merited or not.

More people are adversely affected by AUTOMOBILES every single day than Accutane - maybe the government should punish auto makers as well.

Let me share what my dermatolagist said about thier experience as a practice related to accutane, sudicide and depression. I had noticed with myself, that taking accutane actually made me HAPPIER. My face was clear, and I didn't worry about it, so I was free to do other things. I had some side effects that were bothersome at times, but overall I was more social, healthier and generally happier ON the drug. The reason was that I was just so glad that I had a perfect complexion. My dermatologist said that this was usually the case that they see in the office, that patients are generally happier on the drug because their acne is gone. I am sure this is not true for everyone, but in my experience it was.

I had a different experience, I experienced severe personality changes on accutane and after breaking up with my boyfriend became pretty depressed. I am now off accutane and can say that while I have more confidence in my appearance, it didn't make me happier at all. I moped around a lot and just felt kind of worthless. Thankfully I am now off the drug and am starting to feel better about myself.