Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kt_a

Beta-carotene instead of Accutane?

(I didn't see anything, but if this topic has already been discussed, could someone point me in the right direction? thanx :angel: )

I was reading the beauty section of fitness magazine (Aug. 07) and saw a section on clear skin advice. One doctor interviewed said she recommends 6mg supplements of beta-carotene for her patients with mild acne or who do not want to use Accutane.

"I like to call beta-carotene the everyman's Accutane, since both are high in vitamin A, a super exfoliator and antioxidant that turns skin cells over rapidly."

Has anyone heard of beta-carotene being used this way? Do you think it would work?

*wry* I just found a thread in the Year in Review post. But if anything has something they want to add, I'd like to hear it!

(I didn't see anything, but if this topic has already been discussed, could someone point me in the right direction? thanx :angel: )

I was reading the beauty section of fitness magazine (Aug. 07) and saw a section on clear skin advice. One doctor interviewed said she recommends 6mg supplements of beta-carotene for her patients with mild acne or who do not want to use Accutane.

"I like to call beta-carotene the everyman's Accutane, since both are high in vitamin A, a super exfoliator and antioxidant that turns skin cells over rapidly."

Has anyone heard of beta-carotene being used this way? Do you think it would work?

hey i read that in the Fitness magazine too! i saw a beta-carotene supplement at the health food store before... but didnt buy it cuz i hadnt done enought research on it.

I have known many people who follow healthy diets and regimes.

In the switzerland the Max Bircher-Bennar group was always praised for their great skin (sometimes even by models) and their secrets was "carotenoids rich veggies and fruits"

In the switzerland the Max Bircher-Bennar group was always praised for their great skin (sometimes even by models) and their secrets was "carotenoids rich veggies and fruits"

what are they?

what are they?