Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Asystole

Doctor's checkup appointment tomorrow.

I finally made an appointment to see my doctor a few weeks ago and explained everything about how I was feeling, about low self esteem, anxiety, and how I hadn't been eating much and just generally feeling down about everything.

He suggested that I be on a waiting list to see a psychotherapist. A 6-9 month waiting list; whoop-de-do. In the meantime I asked for something I could take to help since it was really beginning to affect my social life and daily function in general. And as a result I got Citalopram. Now my 3 week review is tomorrow. I'm not entirely sure which version of events to give him.

I either tell him a little fib and say everything has been going fine, give the medication some more time to work and see how i'm feeling at my next checkup.

Or I tell the truth; that my medication hasn't made me feel any different whatsoever, that i'm now sleeping for about 12 to 14 hours a day and feel like i've run a marathon, that my previously borderline ED eating habits haven't gotten better although my appetite is even more non-existent, that in the last 3 weeks I somehow feel ten times worse, that when i'm talking to people I feel like i'm staring into space and their words are just bouncing off me, that everytime somebody wants to speak to me about something I think it's something i've done wrong or that's going to make me feel even worse.

Yes tomorrow will be fun indeed.. =|

I'd go with telling the truth.

The doctor can't help you if you don't let him know exactly what's going on.

Perhaps you need a different medication, more time on the current on, or a dosage adjustment.

Good luck!

I'm on 20mg now. How fast does the change affect you? Because I have this urge to get up and jump out the window or do something big, yet at the same time I have no energy, am restless and feel really ... blerghghhghghsnarfle.

I'm on 20mg now. How fast does the change affect you? Because I have this urge to get up and jump out the window or do something big, yet at the same time I have no energy, am restless and feel really ... blerghghhghghsnarfle.

This expression is pure genius.