Notifications
Clear all

The Log and Times of the River City Ranger (Returns to Spectravision!!!)*NEW PIC 5/30*

MemberMember
(@rcranger03)

Posted : 08/15/2007 12:44 pm

Welcome welcome to the beginning of my log. I've never kept a log, blog or whatever before so it should be interesting to the both of us. The plan is update with a little bit about my week and lovely pictures of my acne (yes pixel upon pixel of crusty goodness) every week unless circumstance deem it necessary to change it up a little. I'll be checking in on it at least every day so if you have any comments, or suggestions feel free to leave them. Thanks for reading and see you next week.

EDIT: Mrs. "Politely Staring At My Acne" Pharmacist says that my insurance hasn't gotten doctor approval yet, so it isn't covered. EVEN THOUGH my doc told me i could come pick it up today. Bloody Insurance.

Pics - Day 0 - Week 1

Headshot of me fluttering my eyelashes to seduce you (this the mug that got me the tane)

Left side (strong side! jk but this side actually pains me the least)

Right Side (I have a deep super cyst that prevents me from opening my mouth fully aka yawning sucks)

Close up of the war zone (The whole wispy whiskers thing is because i cant shave without traumatic blood loss)

Nose and Forehead (I proudly present to you the clearest part of my face its a beautiful thing is it not?)

Me leaving to go pick up my accutane (The thumbs up means that im super duper excited)

Here's the obligatory statistics section

Sex: Male

Height: 6'0" (My 5 ft grams nicknamed me "Gigantor" ..... you gotta love your grandma)

Weight: 160

MemberMember
(@dh2005)

Posted : 08/16/2007 4:45 am

Good on ya, buddy. All the best...

... and hang onto that sense of humour. You're gonna need it!

MemberMember
(@rcranger03)

Posted : 08/16/2007 6:52 pm

Finally just went and bought the stuff for full price and they will reemberse me later. I took my first pill, after laughing at the packaging and its 20 exed out pregant women for about 10 minutes.

Question when do all the wonderful side effects start kicking like the chap lips, and the dry face, and the liver failure ..... jk about that last one. Also when does one usually run into the infamous IB?

MemberMember
(@poredecision)

Posted : 08/16/2007 9:33 pm

infamous IB??

also have you asked your derm about going on a month of prednisone (steroidal anti-inflammatory)?

MemberMember
(@morethanaface)

Posted : 08/16/2007 10:34 pm

Best of luck to you! You have a fantastic sense of humor, and I'm sure your blog will be a regular read for many of us!

MemberMember
(@cubsin2100)

Posted : 08/17/2007 12:36 pm

Hey good luck... I like your attitude, I'm trying to stay positive as well, a little placebo effect can't hurt...

MemberMember
(@beautiful-life)

Posted : 08/17/2007 6:32 pm

I hope it goes well for you! I like the exed out pregnant women too, lol. As for the IB....it really, really depends on the individual. Some people don't get one at all, and some get hit with it hard (aka: me lol) So, don't stress over it, and possibly try asking your derm for some type of antibiotic (either topical or oral) to help with the IB (if you get one) The side effects...maybe a week or so? Don't worry - however late they may be, they'll come. No worries there lol. ;) Good luck!

MemberMember
(@hoofy)

Posted : 08/17/2007 7:28 pm

I'm gonna be reading this everyday, and my lips were chapped by 2 days

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 08/17/2007 7:32 pm

Based on even just the title this is officially the coolest log EVER!!! Keep us posted!

MemberMember
(@rcranger03)

Posted : 08/17/2007 8:11 pm

Salutations for college!

The funniest thing happened today. Since i moved in today i had to go through all these long lines to sign in and register, and blah blah blah. Anyways i was getting all these side glances whenever people walked by, and it was starting to crack me up because they were trying to be so sneaky and they were so very very obvious. So this girl behind me that had been doing the look away tango with me finally worked up the nerve to ask me a question so here is basically how it went:

Girl: Are you on anything for your face?

Me: What?

Girl: Are you on anything for your face?

Me: What do you mean?

Girl: Like medicine

Me: What medicine?

Girl: I dunno like accutane

Me: But accutane is for people with acne

*AWKWARD PAUSE*

Me: Why would you think I need Accutane?

Girl: Ummm ...... Ummmm ....... Because you have acne

Me: WHAT?!?!?!? I HAVE A PIMPLE!??!?! WHERE?!?!? OH NO OH NO OH NO!!!!!

*AWKWARD PAUSE*

Girl (Now deathly pale): Ummm ..... Ummmm ....... (Turns to friend and whispers loudly) What do i say?!?

Me (Barely keeping a straight face): Where is it? Is it very noticible?

Girl: Which one?

Me (Draws in big breath to start freaking out again, but i can't keep from laughing anymore)

........................................................... Not Funny? Guess you had to be there

BTW i think im experiencing my first accutane symptom !YAY! Yes when i got out of the shower, i felt a wicked soreness in my lower back. I would equate it to being punched in the back every 30 minutes by an angry midget, but with less bite marks.

Anyways later peeps.

MemberMember
(@dh2005)

Posted : 08/18/2007 4:49 pm

Very good. Like it.

MemberMember
(@cubsin2100)

Posted : 08/18/2007 10:04 pm

That is quite possibly the best story I have heard all day, and mind you, I not only read a Curious George Book today, but I also watched the movie A Neverending Story while being told a ghost story on the second story of my house. I kid you not, and yours reigns supreme.

MemberMember
(@rcranger03)

Posted : 08/19/2007 11:35 am

Well well people I met my roommate yesterday, and while he a clear faced kid he doesn't seem to be distracted by my acne. His friends that showed up in my room at 2:00 AM! however were less accepting. Its not like it really bothered me, and he apologized to me when they left.

I spent like 15 hours at Fiesta Texas Amusement park with nary a face wipe, or moisturizer to combat the mask of sunbaked sweat that had amassed on my face. It was horrible, and yet it let me reminisce of days when that didnt matter in the least.

Now the holistic people aren't going to be very happy with this, but I'm in college and I'm poor so i cant really help it. My meals since i have arrived in college have been as such: cinnamon sugar poptart and glass of milk (dinner), Bowl of Honey bunches of oats with milk (breakfast), a real cheeseburger and curly fries (lunch), Popcorn (dinner), Bowl of Honey bunches of oats with milk (breakfast).

As for symptoms I have had some wicked soreness and some headaches. My teeth when i woke this morning hurt like i had been clamping them all night, but im not sure if that has anything to do with the Accutane.

3 days till the first photo update, that is if i can find a camera.

Peace people dont let the world get you down

MemberMember
(@solidsnake)

Posted : 08/20/2007 4:15 am

Hey man. I really like and respect your attitude. Rock on. :)

MemberMember
(@rcranger03)

Posted : 08/20/2007 7:50 pm

Hello again ye people of Org, this is just a quickie so dont expect to be amazed, or awed ............ but if you are you can hold me completely responsible

I was wondering if yous guys or girls have heard of anything like an Anti-Initial Breakout, or like an Initial Clarification, because my first 5 days on Sotret have been five days of noticable improvement. All cysts have reduced in size and overall angryness. I just wanted to make sure that i wasn't in a parallel dimension, or like Bizarro world.

MemberMember
(@lameness)

Posted : 08/20/2007 11:58 pm

Good luck dude.

P.S. What is your secret to having such an awesome attitude?

MemberMember
(@endofacne)

Posted : 08/21/2007 11:49 pm

Yes, love the attitude. I think God is going to bless you with a smooth and hopefully quick clearup from acne just for being so positive...and I'm not even religious.

About the improvement, that's a good sign that accutane is starting to dry out your body.

MemberMember
(@rcranger03)

Posted : 08/22/2007 12:48 pm

Hello again and thanks for tuning in to todays broadcast. I know this is going to be disappointing to all of my lady fans (and some of my man fans), but i've not been able to procure a camera yet so the week one photos will have to be delayed until one is found. SOWIE :(

As for the Secret O' Happiness Del Mateo its all a matter of perspective. Let me hit you with some knowledge.

1) I've talked about this in another post, but alas i am to lazy to go find it. I try to look at my acne in nuetral or postive terms. I'll be the first one to admit that there are some days to which I get frustrated beyond reason, but those are few and far between. The way I look at my acne is as an unvoluntary drastic personality reform. In my experience (which I'm not trying to force upon you) acne has made me who I am today. It has brought out many of greatest attributes, that otherwise would have lay dormant behind a pretty face. It has made me humble, non judgemental, and sympathetic. It also forced me to build my humor, and gave me determination to succeed beyond everyones expectations. In truth I respect my acne as two formidible opponents respect each other.

2) Alright this is one that even I have trouble with sometimes, but the rewards it yields are priceless. Dont let the mirror tell you who you are and what you look like, and dont let others tell you either. The most important opinion, in fact the only opinion who you should even give a damn about is your own, or if you subscribe to a higher power as I do you should care what they think (In my case mine is all forgiving and i was made in his image so i consider myself as an image of godliness, so ladies come to worship ;) ) So back on topic ... If you can see yourself as how you wish you looked, then why cant you feel like you would if you actually physical looked that way. If you would be confident, and daring, and charming, then if you can truly see yourself that way those attributes will shine through anyways, because in truth they've always been there just waiting for you to set them free. People see what you show them. So show them what you want them to see.

3) Enjoy the world, and all the wonders that are presented to you every day. Watch the sunset and count the stars that follow, or the sunrise and welcome the first sunbeams of the day, put away the umbrella and walk in the rain, climb a tree and feel it sway ever so slightly in the wind. If you're constantly immersed in such beauty how can things be so bad.

Its a long and winding road out there people, and nobody ever said it would be easy, but in truth nothing worth getting has ever been easy to obtain. So live, love and never give up ..... and always always laugh as much as you can.

MemberMember
(@lameness)

Posted : 08/22/2007 1:36 pm

Thanks. :) I think that helped me a lot.

MemberMember
(@endofacne)

Posted : 08/22/2007 6:10 pm

sniff, sniff...this is my favorite line:

If you would be confident, and daring, and charming, then if you can truly see yourself that way those attributes will shine through anyways, because in truth they've always been there just waiting for you to set them free. People see what you show them. So show them what you want them to see

MemberMember
(@tenten)

Posted : 08/22/2007 10:20 pm

goodluck : )

MemberMember
(@halpme)

Posted : 08/22/2007 10:33 pm

Good shit

sure as hell inspired me

MemberMember
(@set-to-music)

Posted : 08/22/2007 10:36 pm

I knew just by the title of this that it would be an awesome log. I feel a hell of a lot better, reading this. :D Thanks for the inspiration, and good luck! I'll be keeping track.

P.S. LOVED the story.

MemberMember
(@just_do_it_ang)

Posted : 08/23/2007 12:38 am

BTW i think im experiencing my first accutane symptom !YAY! Yes when i got out of the shower, i felt a wicked soreness in my lower back. I would equate it to being punched in the back every 30 minutes by an angry midget, but with less bite marks.

Anyways later peeps.

I thought I was going to shoot water out my nose! 😀 You rock RCR!! I will be tuning in to see how you are plodding along.

p.s. My Derm did tell me that some (few) people don't have an IB, they just start getting better from day 1. I'm crossing my fingers for ya. (whcih maks typung vewy hrd)

MemberMember
(@rcranger03)

Posted : 08/23/2007 7:30 pm

Dear Orgians lend me your ears. So my face has hit a chute in the special edition of Matt's Acne Chutes and Ladders (Mattel i call the rights on that so dont even think of stealing it). I'm going to pin it as the Initial Breakout that i thought i was going to skate by without. My face hasnt become dry yet, but i do make generous use of Cetaphil Moisturizing cream already. Also my lips are right as rain, but im pretty addicted to Burts Bee's. I dont mind not having these side effects, but in a way they would be comforting, because i would know that the Tane is doing Something.

Anyways I'm in good spirits as usual, and I've taken to counting everyone who gawks at my face. I generally wear big dark reflective aviators so they cant tell that im watching them. I got 73 definites and countless more unsures going back and forth between classes today.

My once whispy mustache has now become a lopsided mess, because of a big blob of connected cysts wont let hair grow at all on one side. Its quite comical actually.

I hope the tane starts to work its magic soon though, because this whole inability to open my mouth without blowing up stuff is seriously cutting into my giant submarine sandwich eating abilities, and my fitting my whole fist in my mouth competition training, but that is besides the point.

Still cant find a camera so sorry guys i'll just do the whole picture thing when i go back home to refill at each month. Honestly now that im breaking out again it pretty much looks exactly like it did when i took the last pictures.

Live strong people