Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SugarApple

A good hair conditioner?

Over the summer I've really let my hair go, it ended up getting damaged from a drama production we did (I had to practically make my hair into a 'fro by teasing it and crimping :wall: So my hair is pretty damaged and frizzy in some spots. The rest of my hair is pretty nice but it could be softer. :) So girls, what are some good, not to expensive hair conditioners? I have a lot of hair, it's pretty thick yet fine..if that makes any sense :eh:

I'm basically looking for something I can buy at wal-mart or something similar. It can be leave in, but it doesn't have to be. Also, something that makes my hair nice and shiny and possibly leaves my hair smelling nice to hehe. If the last one is asking too much, I can live without the nice smell. So...yep tell me all about your miracle conditioner, I want my hair look'n nice for school!

i have curly hair, n i've tried just about every conditioner there is to make my curls look hotter than they already are. lol im currently usin loreal new pearl complex Vive Pro. for medium to long hair thats curly/wavy. this is the best conditioner so far.

I have a conditioner that I just love. My hair was damaged before and now its not. My hair has grown hella fast to. Its called Aquage Healing Conditioner

buy the shampoo too. oh n dont use gel hair or hair spray, they're badddd, use mouse instead, pantene mousse for curly hair!!!!

here are my recommendations for drugstore brand conditioner:

Neutrogena Triple Moisture

Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal

Now, given the amount of damage you may have, I strongly suggest an intense mask once a week for at least two months. The best kind to get via wal-mart is:

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Recovery Hair Mask

One more thing - don't rinse your conditioner out. yes, leave it in - it doesn't have to be a leave in to leave it in. this will do wonders for your hair.

If you want to venture outside of wal-mart and into a beauty supply, Joico K-Pak Sun Therapy Line can't be beat. Extensive sun exposure creates holes in the hair cuticle which results in dry, damaged, dull hair. I used this line religiously while I was on vacation in Miami and it did wonders for my hair. The Sun Therapy Treatment Masque is the absolute best! :wub:

It's really not that much more in price than Pantene and Neutrogena. The shampoo is about $9 and the conditioner is about $11-$13, depending on where u go. It's very much worth every single solitary penny.

One more thing, don't wash your hair every day. Washing daily strips your hair and scalp of it's natural oils and can actually result in even drier hair. at the most, wash twice a week - preferrably once a week. feel free to rinse it daily and condition daily, but limit washing.

HTH :D

Aww thanks everyone. I feel stupid, I forgot to mention that my hair has a little bit of wave in it, basically enough so that I can't say I have naturally straight hair and I can't leave the house without doing something to it.

Right now I'm using Herbal Essences and it's okay, I do leave the non leave in conditioner in like you mentioned Jai hehe. That's definitely a great tip. The conditioner works okay, but I'm really looking forward to a miracle in another product. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've got tons of stuff to do before school starts, including a haircut so I might be able to check stuff out that isn't at wal-mart. I think my mom is willing to do that, so I suppose if you have a somewhat more expensive product you can still let me know about that to!

Molly, that product really appeals to me as I'm trying to grow my hair out more and I'd like it to be long and healthy, not long and scraggly. Where do you buy it? It didn't sound like something I'd pick up at wal-mart? haha Like I said though, I'm willing to go for a salon conditioner if it's really good stuff.

I do leave the non leave in conditioner in like you mentioned Jai hehe. That's definitely a great tip. The conditioner works okay, but I'm really looking forward to a miracle in another product. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've got tons of stuff to do before school starts, including a haircut so I might be able to check stuff out that isn't at wal-mart. I think my mom is willing to do that, so I suppose if you have a somewhat more expensive product you can still let me know about that to!

Like I said though, I'm willing to go for a salon conditioner if it's really good stuff.

sally's has really good but affordable shampoo's and conditioner. They may be a few bucks more expensive than walmart type brands, but they are compairable to salon brands. Like they have one line that is kind of a knockoff of matrix but I really do like their products. And another good like that they have there now is Beyond the zone. I believe they a really excellent leave in conditioner. And they have really good sales sometimes. Ill never buy salon products again....well probably wont :P

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine! I use the Fortifying Deep Conditioner 3 Minute Masque but they also have the Fortifying Cream Conditioner in bottle form. It makes your hair shiny, easier to manage, and I love the smell. My hair actually feels "stronger" (as corny as that sounds) like the commercials advertise. I have naturally frizzy/wavy hair and I straighten it everyday, which equals severe hair damage :confused: I think that it's actaully formulated for dry/brittle hair anyway and it's pretty cheap too, under $10.

Over the summer I've really let my hair go, it ended up getting damaged from a drama production we did (I had to practically make my hair into a 'fro by teasing it and crimping :wall: So my hair is pretty damaged and frizzy in some spots. The rest of my hair is pretty nice but it could be softer. :) So girls, what are some good, not to expensive hair conditioners? I have a lot of hair, it's pretty thick yet fine..if that makes any sense :eh:

I'm basically looking for something I can buy at wal-mart or something similar. It can be leave in, but it doesn't have to be. Also, something that makes my hair nice and shiny and possibly leaves my hair smelling nice to hehe. If the last one is asking too much, I can live without the nice smell. So...yep tell me all about your miracle conditioner, I want my hair look'n nice for school!

I am utterly in love with Matrix's Biolange line, you can't go wrong with any of it. May I recommend their conditioning balm? It's just worked miracles for my damaged, dyed hair.

I am utterly in love with Matrix's Biolange line, you can't go wrong with any of it. May I recommend their conditioning balm? It's just worked miracles for my damaged, dyed hair.

Aww thanks everyone. I feel stupid, I forgot to mention that my hair has a little bit of wave in it, basically enough so that I can't say I have naturally straight hair and I can't leave the house without doing something to it.

Right now I'm using Herbal Essences and it's okay, I do leave the non leave in conditioner in like you mentioned Jai hehe. That's definitely a great tip. The conditioner works okay, but I'm really looking forward to a miracle in another product. :rolleyes:

Molly, that product really appeals to me as I'm trying to grow my hair out more and I'd like it to be long and healthy, not long and scraggly. Where do you buy it? It didn't sound like something I'd pick up at wal-mart? haha Like I said though, I'm willing to go for a salon conditioner if it's really good stuff.

I'm currently using Pantene Pro-V restoratives time renewal shampoo & conditioner, I really like it so far, it's made my hair much softer and easier to manage after years of hair products and straightening my hair, it's nice to find a product that helped with my fried hair. :D

pantene is :xxx:

pantene = :nuke:

me vs pantene... :box:

pantene loses and get rushed to the ER.... :wacko::injured:

replay will be available on ppv :popcorn:

sorry Im just bored and dont like pantene.... :boohoo:

Ill go take a time out now :ninja:

OOOhhhhh Fabio is on Conan! :wiggle:

ALL of Pantene's line basically sucks. Its terrible for your hair, strips the shizzle out of your natural oils and leaves it weak and brittle. I once asked my hair stylist if its ok stuff or not and she looked at me like, :rolleyes: and said there are far better lines out there than PPV.

On that note: I third the vote for BIOLAGE Ultra-hydrating balm. That stuff is absolutely THE best thing for damaged hair, doesnt matter WHAT kind of hair you have (it says for course or thick hair, mine is thin and fine but I use it anyway and can get away with smaller amounts) it is the BEST BEST BEST. I actually have to pick more up on my lunch today :boogie:

Also-

K-Pak is muy fantistico as others have mentioned, its packed with Keratin (a protein naturally found in your hair that is easily stripped from chemicals and will help rebuild the elasticity in hair thats breaking...just dont over-do protein treatments!!! It will do more harm than good. Once a week is probably best.

For anyone who can get away with washing their hair once or twice a week...omg. I could never. My skin is ridiculously oily and even tho my shampoo has no SLS in it (burts bees) its STILL oily & slick by day 2. I am envious of anyone who can skirt by that easily...

And Im talking about the regular kind not the restoratives kind, which I dont know anything about but I just hate pantene in general anyways. I just could never stand the heavy heavy perfume smell, I didnt feel that I was using stuff that was healthy for my hair but rather using like mr clean or something. Heres an interesting link to another board you might want to read. Pantene

If you wash your hair more often you can gradually get it down to stop producing so much oil. You just have to put up with oily hair a few times and then it will seen to not get so oily so fast. A trick you can do to put up with the oily days is poufing some baby powder by your roots. It does work really well.

ALL of Pantene's line basically sucks. Its terrible for your hair, strips the shizzle out of your natural oils and leaves it weak and brittle. I once asked my hair stylist if its ok stuff or not and she looked at me like, :rolleyes: and said there are far better lines out there than PPV.

On that note: I third the vote for BIOLAGE Ultra-hydrating balm. That stuff is absolutely THE best thing for damaged hair, doesnt matter WHAT kind of hair you have (it says for course or thick hair, mine is thin and fine but I use it anyway and can get away with smaller amounts) it is the BEST BEST BEST. I actually have to pick more up on my lunch today :boogie:

Also-

K-Pak is muy fantistico as others have mentioned, its packed with Keratin (a protein naturally found in your hair that is easily stripped from chemicals and will help rebuild the elasticity in hair thats breaking...just dont over-do protein treatments!!! It will do more harm than good. Once a week is probably best.

For anyone who can get away with washing their hair once or twice a week...omg. I could never. My skin is ridiculously oily and even tho my shampoo has no SLS in it (burts bees) its STILL oily & slick by day 2. I am envious of anyone who can skirt by that easily...

If you wash your hair more often you can gradually get it down to stop producing so much oil. You just have to put up with oily hair a few times and then it will seen to not get so oily so fast. A trick you can do to put up with the oily days is poufing some baby powder by your roots. It does work really well.

Okay, going to post my replies in two posts...apparently I can't reply to it all together because there are too many emoticons ha

Also-

word. i have curly hair and used the biolage to get my hair back to normal. i currently use Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner from Sally's Beauty Supply. it was only $8 for a gallon of it. [bTW; i haven't washed my hair in 2 weeks. :cool: ]

you may want to check out naturally curly dot com, go to the top, click on curlmunity, then click on 'curl talk& trade'. they have a section dedicated to wavies and they have TONS of advice which could help you get your hair back to its best state.!

Doesnt it worry you at all that not washing it will allow the oils to seep down into your skin on your face? Maybe I am paranoid because I just recently got my acne under wraps and dont want more trouble...?

Biosilk is also extremely nice, I'm on the fence about which one I like more :think:

I ALWAYS scope out salons in malls/strip malls outlets to see if they have any shampoos or conditioners on clearance. Look for a moisterizing shampoo, and a curling conditioner if you want to enhance the wave. Even if you have to get a cheaper shampoo from Walmart or a drugstore (Beauty supply store is a great idea) I would seriously recommend splurging on a conditioner!! My favorite is from the KMS line; I use the one for color treated hair, but they have all kinds of formulas. KMS Products I double process my hair--color and highlights, and my stylist says I have some of the healthiest hair that she has seen. I bought my bottle back in March and I'm STILL using it! A little goes a long way, because I have long, thick hair. Once a week I will add a little extra to the ends and let it sit for at least 5 minutes before rinsing. Finally a great way to revamp your hair is to get a trim and get some of those ends off!

My hair is wavy too--not curly, not straight, and I've always had problems with "controlling it". Finally working with my latest stylist I have a layered haircut (no bangs, but my first layer starts before my bang-line, and I probably have 3 or 4 more layers after that). After struggling straightening my hair for years, I can now let my hair dry naturally and it looks AMAZING! The layers work with the wave and I have at least 1 one a week compliment me on my hair. I no longer have to fight with my hair!