Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest luckylotte

Are these acne lamps any good?

Guest luckylotte

Looking around I found these small acne lamps:

http://www.acnelamp.com/product.php?id=1102

http://www.acnelamp.com/product.php?id=1103

I know you have to use them on one spot at a time. But how would I use both of them? Do I use the red light first and then the blue light? and for how long should I shine it on my spots for? Also are these powerful enough to get rid of acne? and would these be worth the money?

Thanks.

Just went over this topic with my doc today from the clinic. He says that blue light is not really a cure, it does stop acne however it doesnt penetrate the skin deep enough to do anything in the long run. He says photodynamic therapy (ALA) is much more effective than using a blue light (lamp, blue-U, or otherwise). Basically he says ALA is the most effective thing on the market right now to stop acne for long periods of time since it goes deep into your skin.

Just went over this topic with my doc today from the clinic. He says that blue light is not really a cure, it does stop acne however it doesnt penetrate the skin deep enough to do anything in the long run. He says photodynamic therapy (ALA) is much more effective than using a blue light (lamp, blue-U, or otherwise). Basically he says ALA is the most effective thing on the market right now to stop acne for long periods of time since it goes deep into your skin.

ALA is as effective (depending on strength of treatment) or more so than accutane, with a shorter recovery as accuntane is taken over a long period. Expensive yep, worth every cent in my eyes.

I highly doubt the pen light would be worth anything. they say the intensity is right. Though i wasnt convinced with the product or company.

If anything the handheld with 21 leds or the tabletop with 71 would be ur best bet. 1 LED is just a joke, the sunlight would kill more p acnes than that.

Guest luckylotte

Thanks for the replys. Those pens seem a waste of money then. Instead I've purchased the Beauty Skin Acne Light. Bought it from here: http://www.androv-medical.com/product.php?...d=22&xSec=6

Waiting to recieve it, so I hope when I finally get it, it will help my acne. Will post again when I start using it and tell you how I get on with it.

Acne Lamp probably works... however... it is the most expensive option. And may not be any better than other options and could possibly be worse in some cases.

Hi Beautybeat- Studies have shown that red/blue light combined is most effective in the treatment of acne, as opposed to blue alone or red alone. Lumiport has just launched a new product called the Dermastyle Pulse which is the only product the uses red/blue light combined in the same LED. I would be happy to answer any question you may have.

Lumiport

www.lumiport.com

Redspot-

The wavelengths are Blue (418) and Red (660), which are in the target range to excite the porphyrins (the microscopic compounds inside acne bacteria). These porphyrins help kill the bacteria from the inside out, thus treating active acne and preventing new blemishes.

Lumiport

lumiport, thanks for the reply, may I ask what sets your device apart from the others such as acnelamp,beautyskin etc?

Also does lumiport treat PIH?

Edited by redspot

Thanks for your question Redspot. There are several things that separate Lumiport from all of our competitors. Lumiport is the only ISO13485 certified manufacturer of acne light therapy products. This means that our products are designed and manufactured to the highest standards. Our products are also the only products that use a patent pending technology in which each LED produces both blue and red light giving the most uniform treatment of any product. It should also be noted that our products have been clinically proven whereas almost all of our competitors have not done a single study on their product.

Lumiport was also voted "Most Wanted Skin-Care Product" by InStyle Magazine, a "Hot Pick" by Teen People, and featured on dozens of major new programs across the world. We have also been making portable light therapy products for skin conditions longer than any other company.

Hope this helps

Lumiport

We do not sell in retail locations in Europe yet, however you can buy directly from our website as we do ship to Europe.

Lumiport

We have found that in-order to treat Acne with IPL you must use a lamp at a 300nm – 700nm wave length. There are a number of products on the market, we are just one.

Took the plunge and got the BrightPad. (I got it from www.brighttherpy.com as it was $30 cheaper than from the www.Bright-Pad.com site.) Have been using it for 2 weeks and it really seems to work. It is starting to clear the Acne on my forehead and cheeks from the second week. My skin seems dryer which is a good thing as it tends to be oily. I am using alternating between Blue one day and then the red / Infrared on other days. Keep you posted but so far so good.

I got the ANSR BEAM Blue light off of Amazon right before this. It didn't work for me at all so I returned it after only a week. ANSR wasn't bright and instead of clearing my acne up it made it worse. I had to keep holding it against my face and rub in in circles for 10 minutes which got really tiring after the first treatment. What a pain. Thank god for return policies.

If you get one of these lights, make sure to get one that has a hands free stand as it makes all the difference. The clip on the BrightPad hands free stand is a little thin but it is easy to position when I am sitting at my desk and I can move it so it doesn't bother my eyes too much as it really is very bright.

I use the LightStim blue/red/infrared. It works great on my adult, mild, hormonal acne. You have to use it everyday. It takes about 45mins to do the whole face, but because it's a hand held wand, it's easy to use while watching TV.

Dang86, sorry for the late reply. You can purchase products on our website, and we ship to the UK. What sets Lumiport apart is that we use patent pending CHROMA 2® Technology which combines the benefits of both blue and red light into one product. Blue light eliminates the bacteria in the skin, reducing current blemishes and preventing future breakouts while Red light reduces inflammation and redness in the skin caused by blemishes. Red light also reduces the healing time of unsightly blemishes. Please let me know if I can answer any other questions you may have.

Lumiport