Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sunshinedaydream

When will it END!!?

My skin has been pretty decent for the past several months- not perfect of course, but far better than ever before. And now, all of a sudden, I am breaking out like CRAZY! I am a getting whiteheads all around my mouth (a big cluster of tiny ones right under my lower lip) and nose, and cysts and bigger whiteheads on my cheeks, and a bunch of little whiteheads on my jawline. What the heck!! I haven't changed my skincare routine at all- the only thing I can think of is that I have been under some personal and job-related stress, and it has been really hot and humid in my area lately. ARGHHHHH!!! I am nearly 30 years old! When will it end!!!!!!!!!!

How long have you been using your regimen? If you have been using it for a long time then maybe Its not taking affect anymore like it used to. Ive heard that regimens will stop working after awhile so you might need to switch products. By the way, Ive only had acne for 4 years so I hope I dont have it for half or the rest of my ife because that would be horrible.

Sunshine, I feel your pain - literally! I go through periods when my skin has cleared up...and then (like now) all of the sudden, I too have about 15 tiny "skin-colored" bumps all over my chin which are turning into painful tiny red zits which typically come to a head within 3 days. They are SO painful...and always around my chin and jawline when they happen!! I have one now on my upper lip, near the corner of my mouth...very tiny...but so painful that it caused that side of my mouth to swell up and it seriously looks disfigured! Like I was punched or something! Equally embarassing because I am also nearly 30 yrs old. I am wondering if it is stress, lack of sleep, weather...I don't know. These breakouts I get are never tied to my menstrual cycle, EVER. They are always seemingly for no reason at all. Usually I just slather on a crapload of benzoyl peroxide 5% and they do go away...but my skin is dry and flakey as all hell around my mouth for days...I don't know what's worse!!!!

Sunshine, I feel your pain - literally! I go through periods when my skin has cleared up...and then (like now) all of the sudden, I too have about 15 tiny "skin-colored" bumps all over my chin which are turning into painful tiny red zits which typically come to a head within 3 days. They are SO painful...and always around my chin and jawline when they happen!! I have one now on my upper lip, near the corner of my mouth...very tiny...but so painful that it caused that side of my mouth to swell up and it seriously looks disfigured! Like I was punched or something! Equally embarassing because I am also nearly 30 yrs old. I am wondering if it is stress, lack of sleep, weather...I don't know. These breakouts I get are never tied to my menstrual cycle, EVER. They are always seemingly for no reason at all. Usually I just slather on a crapload of benzoyl peroxide 5% and they do go away...but my skin is dry and flakey as all hell around my mouth for days...I don't know what's worse!!!!

Im the exact same right now, my skin was doing fabulous and then out of nowhere - bang! breakout city!!

so feckin annoyed. I havent changed anything in my routine or diet so I reckon it means that acne never really goes away, ever, at all. But thats me being pessimistic because I was so clear for a while there.

Happened to me too. I was clear for about 3 years and then got a SEVERE acne outbreak back in late march/april that has left me scarred and has taken me 4 months to get under control. For women, hormones can change around that age. So it's possible they are a bit out of whack right now. My acne got bad when my hormones fluctuated and I got very stressed out. Stress also messes with your hormones.

I hate this crap. It happens to me too. This entire Winter (posting from Canada, so we're talking until the end of March) my face was close to perfect. Still a few neck pimples (my prime spot) and unfortunate bacne, but my face was CLEAR. I'm 25; my bro had acne until 25 and my father until 25 (bacne until 35!) so I thought, AHA, FINALLY CLEARING UP. No such luck. I'm having tons of breakouts this summer, it's ridiculous. Nowhere near like what I had when I was 18 (I've unfortunately got scars to prove that), but more than noticable. I'm starting to resign myself to the fact that for me there is no end in sight for this. Best we can do is to try and figure out a way to control them.

Im the exact same right now, my skin was doing fabulous and then out of nowhere - bang! breakout city!!

so feckin annoyed. I havent changed anything in my routine or diet so I reckon it means that acne never really goes away, ever, at all. But thats me being pessimistic because I was so clear for a while there.

a stronger percentage of bp may worsen acne because it may cause increased irritation. however, an increased dosage of bp may improve acne because it lasts longer in the skin without necessarily increasing the level of irritation.

Give Dan's regimen a try if you haven't already.

I have been using Dan's regimen for several years and it has worked relatively well...until now. I have definitely been under a ton of emotional stress, but the stress has been going on for several months, it isn't really any worse now than it was several months ago when my skin was clear (unless it is just the effects of stress building up for months!).

I am just sick of this! It just never stops! Right now I am just globbing BP gel over each spot at night and letting it dry like that. Very attractive.....I don't think it is really doing much for the blemishes, though.

a stronger percentage of bp may worsen acne because it may cause increased irritation. however, an increased dosage of bp may improve acne because it lasts longer in the skin without necessarily increasing the level of irritation.

Your right, It could irriatate your skin but the only way to find out is to try it.

Ive used %10 alot and it made it better not worse but my skin isnt yours.

I decided to try dans because I thought that his method would be better but

Its not really for me. Ive decided just to go back to %10 but im still buying

his cleanser.

Your right, It could irriatate your skin but the only way to find out is to try it.

Ive used %10 alot and it made it better not worse but my skin isnt yours.

I decided to try dans because I thought that his method would be better but

Its not really for me. Ive decided just to go back to %10 but im still buying

his cleanser.