Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tripp

Increasingly High Standards

About Me:

I'm 21. All my life I had crystal clear skin until out of nowhere, about three or four months ago, I started breaking out.

I've now been on Accutane for 5 weeks, and my skin has now returned to being completely clear. I'm very impressed with the extremely fast results that Accutant has given me. I also realize I'm very lucky.

Back in May and June of this year, my acne was at it's worst. Although I was pretty depressed about it at the time, a part of me accepted the fact that my skin looked awful, and it didn't really matter that much since I literally didn't leave the house or see any of my friends in over six weeks.

My Question:

Now that my skin is completely clear again, I feel as though my own personal standards of the way I look have become higher than ever! Now, if I do happen to get one tiny breakout somewhere, it seems to bother me a lot more than having a face full of acne ever did.

To me, it's almost as if having one pimple on an otherwise completely clear face is much more noticable and unexpected than seeing someone with a face full of acne.

- When I see someone who's face is covered in pimples I don't really take much notice, though I feel bad for them.

- When I see someone with perfect skin who only has one pimple on their chin, it tends to really stand out, and I find myself wondering why they don't try and do something about it before going out. I certainly hold myself to these standards, which makes me more embarassed now about maybe only having one pimple from time to time.

I wondered if anyone else understands what I'm talking about, or feels similarly?

Also, I realize that I might sound ungrateful that my skin has cleared up so fast. I am grateful, and I realize that I am very lucky. My intention is not to offend anyone, only to find out if others experience this strange way of thinking.

Be well,

Tripp

Do you have a small penis? IMO, when a man allows miniscule things (No pun intended) to bother him about his appearance, it derives from a small penis. You may lie to yourself and tell yourself that isn't the reason, I don't know.

Oh, and you're the tannest white boy i've ever seen. I hope you're using tanning spray because the wrinkles will send your type of personality into suicidal mode.

Having one pimple on an otherwise clear face is like a turd on a clean lawn.

If your lawn is covered in turds, well so what's another? If there's only one, it sticks out more.

If your lawn is covered in turds, well so what's another? If there's only one, it sticks out more.

I have this problem too!

Currently, I'm only dealing with about 3 active pimples and about 4 red marks but it's killing me just as much as a face full of acne did!

Also, I can cover them all up well with make-up, and fake flawless skin, but I'm just not satisfied.

I obsess over every minor breakout too...it's ridiculous, but I don't think I can stop and just let it go. Funny thing is, I don't even want to try :P

I know what you mean! I was actually going to make a thread about it a few days ago but I didn't know how to describe it. Most of my acne has gone away now (I have about one active pimple) and it feels worse than when I had a ton of acne back in March.

I dont have standards in regards to acne. I think having a bunch of acne is worse than having one pimple. People cannot control how many pimples they have.

I'm really not like that. If I have one or two pimples I'm happy, coming from having severe acne. I have enough scars on my face already so one pimple really doesn't faze me much. especially because I still usually have 4-5 inflamed pimples on my face at a time, so if it decreases any that's cause for celebration! The more pimples I have, the more bothered I am.

I'm really not like that. If I have one or two pimples I'm happy, coming from having severe acne. I have enough scars on my face already so one pimple really doesn't faze me much. especially because I still usually have 4-5 inflamed pimples on my face at a time, so if it decreases any that's cause for celebration! The more pimples I have, the more bothered I am.

About Me:

I'm 21. All my life I had crystal clear skin until out of nowhere, about three or four months ago, I started breaking out.

I've now been on Accutane for 5 weeks, and my skin has now returned to being completely clear. I'm very impressed with the extremely fast results that Accutant has given me. I also realize I'm very lucky.

Back in May and June of this year, my acne was at it's worst. Although I was pretty depressed about it at the time, a part of me accepted the fact that my skin looked awful, and it didn't really matter that much since I literally didn't leave the house or see any of my friends in over six weeks.

My Question:

Now that my skin is completely clear again, I feel as though my own personal standards of the way I look have become higher than ever! Now, if I do happen to get one tiny breakout somewhere, it seems to bother me a lot more than having a face full of acne ever did.

To me, it's almost as if having one pimple on an otherwise completely clear face is much more noticable and unexpected than seeing someone with a face full of acne.

- When I see someone who's face is covered in pimples I don't really take much notice, though I feel bad for them.

- When I see someone with perfect skin who only has one pimple on their chin, it tends to really stand out, and I find myself wondering why they don't try and do something about it before going out. I certainly hold myself to these standards, which makes me more embarassed now about maybe only having one pimple from time to time.

I wondered if anyone else understands what I'm talking about, or feels similarly?

Also, I realize that I might sound ungrateful that my skin has cleared up so fast. I am grateful, and I realize that I am very lucky. My intention is not to offend anyone, only to find out if others experience this strange way of thinking.

Be well,

Tripp

Think it depends on how long you had acne for and the serverity of it...Anyone who has had severe acne is happy when they only have one or two...

Edit: actually one of my best friends had the worst acne ive ever seen and he went on tane about 4 years ago, about a year ago it began to come back and i hadn't seen him in a while, i was expecting it to be bad again from what he described, but it was nothing!! i guess it is what you get used to seeing the mirror...

Think it depends on how long you had acne for and the serverity of it...Anyone who has had severe acne is happy when they only have one or two...

Edit: actually one of my best friends had the worst acne ive ever seen and he went on tane about 4 years ago, about a year ago it began to come back and i hadn't seen him in a while, i was expecting it to be bad again from what he described, but it was nothing!! i guess it is what you get used to seeing the mirror...