Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Optomstic 1

Going vegan/raw

So I've decided to go vegan, and only consume raw vegetables / fruits. No dairy, meat, flour, or cooked foods. I feel so much healthier if I only eat raw fruits, vegetables, and nuts. Is anyone else a raw vegan? I'll keep you all posted. I've been attemting to do this for the past few weeks and have been successful but have broken the diet a few times. I've definately decided this is the way to go I feel so much better and my skin looks better too.

No, that's not why. I don't like the idea of animals being hurt for us to consume but I just tried never really to think about it b-4 I just accepted it as a way of life. My reasons for doing this is so I can be as healthy as possible.

Good luck! Personally I don't think a vegan diet is the way to go. Vegans can eat some things that might trigger some people's acne (e.g. certain grains and sugary foods) and don't eat some things that might help acne (e.g. oily fish).

I try to eat a healthy anti-acne diet. I avoid meat and dairy, all foods with added sugar, and certain grains, but eat fish and eggs.

Flaxseeds can be substituted for fishoil, cant they (For a vegan diet)?

Flaxseeds have a large serving of Omega 3-6-9s and Lignans and fiber.

While you are on the Raw Vegan kick, here's an excellent free health video about what large amounts of animal fats do to the body. Click on the link and click the "WATCH NOW!" link. You dont have to sign up for anything. The movie is 14 mins long. Its really good (Given 5 stars on that site).

GREAT, 14 MINUTE FREE ONLINE MOVIE ABOUT DAIRY AND HEALTH:

http://www.movieflix.com/movie_info.mfx?movie_id=2044

Ps. Watch out for the risque ads.

You should cook some of your vegetables once in a while. Some are hard

to digest and provide other/more nutrients if cooked

The raw food diet is one of the most unquestionably healthiest things I ever did for myself. It is hard to start and stick to, but after the first two weeks you feel amazing in every way.

I am actually going back, by the way. The whole paleo thing was confusing to me, so I am going on a green smoothie fix for the next three weeks, and then I plan on staying raw for good, if I can.

But seriously, I've said it before and I'll say it again - read 12 Steps to Raw Food by Victoria Boutenko. Just read it, whether or not you "believe" in the concept of a raw food diet. It's life-changing.

Been vegan for a year now it rules really limits all the shitty food you can take it. I did it for personal reasons, I don't believe in the harming of creatures for pleasure or satisfaction . Everyone would be 10 times healthier on a vegan diet haven't gone raw though..

earthlings is an amazing video to watch

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1282796533661048967

lovin the quote from hernry beston

Not quite vegan, but I consider myself a loose vegetarian. I don't consume dairy, red meat or sugary foods. I may eat fish or chicken, but only in moderation. Also, I consume a whole lot of raw fruits vegetables and nuts. Not sure if it helps acne, but it has helped my health a lot!

So I've decided to go vegan, and only consume raw vegetables / fruits. No dairy, meat, flour, or cooked foods. I feel so much healthier if I only eat raw fruits, vegetables, and nuts. Is anyone else a raw vegan? I'll keep you all posted. I've been attemting to do this for the past few weeks and have been successful but have broken the diet a few times. I've definately decided this is the way to go I feel so much better and my skin looks better too.

Not quite vegan, but I consider myself a loose vegetarian. I don't consume dairy, red meat or sugary foods. I may eat fish or chicken, but only in moderation. Also, I consume a whole lot of raw fruits vegetables and nuts. Not sure if it helps acne, but it has helped my health a lot!

What type of diet do you usually consume? Even being vegetarian, not loose veggie :), is difficult to maintain consistently, at least for me. Took me four or five years to be very strict about it, and I still have cravings for meat. Raw/vegan is pretty tough, maybe you might want to warm up to it, by starting with some dietary restrictions and increasing them, might make it easier to maintain longterm if that's your goal. Also having friends who support your eating habits is super helpful, nothing worse than going out to dinner and smelling meat all around you.

I second the 'what's wrong with doing it for the animals?'. Do it for the animals, environment, your health...all are important reasons

Been vegan for a year now it rules really limits all the shitty food you can take it. I did it for personal reasons, I don't believe in the harming of creatures for pleasure or satisfaction . Everyone would be 10 times healthier on a vegan diet haven't gone raw though..

Wow! Very disturbing!