Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tmilli

Nodular Cystic WOW OUCH! Help! NO ACNE UNTIL COLLEGE!

I didn't realize how incredibly horrid this looked until I snapped a photo with the flash on

is it accutane time?

I had NO acne until college!

Photo at age 18:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/trevormilli/t.jpg

Now at age 21:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/tre...li/100_1893.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/tre...li/100_1894.jpg

I am astonished at how extreme this is. I had not ONE active about 2 months ago but now WHOA.

Should I just sit tight and pray for recovery naturally or Go accutane????

I'm VERY worried about the enhancement of hair loss as male pattern runs rampantly on my dad's side

BY THE WAY I AM CURRENTLY USING DDF BPEROXIDE 5% WITH TEA TREE OIL AND SALYCYLIC ACID SCRUB 1% - should I persist?

Hi -

The first thing I would suggest is to drop the salicylic scrub. Gentle scrubs are great for non-inflamed acne, but they only tend to aggravate inflamed acne and make it worse. I looked at the ingredients of your BP product, and they look ok - but I don't know if 5% BP on its own is going to clear your skin. How long have you been using both of these products? Have you ever seen a dermatologist (or any doctor) for you skin before?

I didn't realize how incredibly horrid this looked until I snapped a photo with the flash on

is it accutane time?

I had NO acne until college!

Photo at age 18:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/trevormilli/t.jpg

Now at age 21:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/tre...li/100_1893.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/tre...li/100_1894.jpg

I am astonished at how extreme this is. I had not ONE active about 2 months ago but now WHOA.

Should I just sit tight and pray for recovery naturally or Go accutane????

I'm VERY worried about the enhancement of hair loss as male pattern runs rampantly on my dad's side

BY THE WAY I AM CURRENTLY USING DDF BPEROXIDE 5% WITH TEA TREE OIL AND SALYCYLIC ACID SCRUB 1% - should I persist?

I also just recently got over the WORST chest breakout of my life. I have horrendous scars, including raised scars that look like little chunks of scar tissue!

i also had no acne until college, then it got bad very quickly. you should probably see a dermatologist if you haven't already.

EDIT: the salycylic is a foaming cleanser, not a 'scrub'

is this okay?

I am constantly sweating as I engage in a few sports every day and I shower up to 3 times a day :-(

EDIT: the salycylic is a foaming cleanser, not a 'scrub'

is this okay?

I am constantly sweating as I engage in a few sports every day and I shower up to 3 times a day :-(

SA 1% in the morning and before bed

If i shower throughout the day I will use Tone with cocoa butter to remove the grime from sweating heavily.

SA 1% in the morning and before bed

If i shower throughout the day I will use Tone with cocoa butter to remove the grime from sweating heavily.

foreal, like this was the case for alot of people even me. I had like a few pimples then when college started...oh shtz i got like bad feedback from the fam whenever i came home like; wtf happened to your face.

Anyway, i think the freshman 15 and acnes linked up, its like college promotes bad health cause

a. your forced to use your campus points to eat and

b. who wasn't tempted by the idea that you can eat a cheese steak everyday.

like yourself it took me like 2 years to realize oh wait hold on, wtf using stuff we buy in the supermarket isnt working. I even tried the stuff on tv, proactive/murad; proactive worked for a bit murad sucked.

anyway i know where your coming from posting up, so ill hook you up.

So heres my solution, follow it if you want:

1.use a gentle cleanser like cetaphil, or an antibacterial face wash.

2.use benzaclin or some other 5% bp product

3.see if you can get your hands on a proactive face mask; only good product they have.

4.omega3 and zinc and r- ala(this stuff is great for sports and lifting)

5.fix that diet

6.wash your face after each workout.

7.detox and flush yourself, if you feeding your self trash its gonna reflect it if your systems backed up.

8.up that protein,lower the sugar.

If your worried about your hair, i guess don't try b5.

not a derm but its pretty good advice from someone whos dealt with acne.

peace.

Don't waste time following the advice on this board while you get more scars. That level of acne needs a dermatologist's care. Go to your student health center and ask them to refer you to a dermatologist in your area. Some student health centers even prescribe accutane, mine does. Find out! if you wait a year screwing around with over the counter treatments you will have scars that last a lifetime.

How extreme of scars do you think I'll be up against at this point in time?

I pop up to 10 pimples a day :sick:

i started getting cystic acne at 19 and went on my 1st course of accutane at 20.

you look like a good candidate for accutane.

I get about 1-2 white heads a day also just when my skin is clearing up. I do pop them. But after all the acne is gone, you start to see the scars you popped 5 years ago.

Just be weary, every white head you pop, will show up 6-7 years down the line, after you are all cleared up.

I know its hard not to pop a white head thats either really small or big enough to see, but if you have to pop it, pop it. Go to the derma and get some antibiotics, you will be thankful in your late 20s.

FUCK THIS SUCKS

I have an interview on Wed. at a big engineering firm for an internship.

I am scared as hell to talk to hott ladies, OR ANY PERSON AT THAT!

Is there a makeup I can utilize? hah

Acne is insanely unfair for those of us plagued by it.

I'm just in a state of paranoia due to the posts I read about people being rejected from positions that they were qualified for due to the horrendous look of their skin

ahhhhhhh

Eh, Just think positive thoughts. My manager has alot of pop marks on her nose, and my coworker has acne on her cheeks also. It does exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wince when someone talks to me with a clear face, which is like 90% of the people where I work. but once in a while, someone talks about a big zit on their nose, or chin... makes me feel better that they get them once in a while :)