Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

How Do You Know If Youre Allergic to BP?

Guest missyjean130

I think it may be that's it's a really harsh antibiotic...It irritates me as well. It gives me a burning sensation and makes me red, even in small amounts. but who knows, there is a possibility of an allergy

What are the symptoms? I think I may be allergic. My skin is very very irritated and very red.

I decreased my amount this evening. I skipped this morning and then I used it about an hour ago. I used half my finger instead of the full amount. I hope my face starts burning less :pray:

I decreased my amount this evening. I skipped this morning and then I used it about an hour ago. I used half my finger instead of the full amount. I hope my face starts burning less :pray:

you might need to stop bp completely to allow your skin to heal.

you might need to stop bp completely to allow your skin to heal.

I'm 2 1/2 months in and my face was totally red and irritated and itchy (but also clear). After reading so much information from this board, I decided to try to wean my skin off of th BP in order to not let it get addicted to the product, and to also cut down on the redness and burning. I didn't use it Saturday night, and I was fine the next morning, only I wasn't red and irritated! I did use it Sunday night, but will once or twice a week go without it if I continue to stay clear. Also will try to start reducing full finger to maybe 3/4 or 1/2 on the nights I do use it. Another reason I cut down is because even if I wasn't putting it on my eyelids and making every effort to keep it away from the area, my eyelids totally aged! I thought it was going to be like this forever, but it made a huge difference when I skipped the one application. Some of the success stories also say they only use the BP 3-4 times a week. Oh, and I also only use it at night.

I was going to order sudacrem but realized I was making my regimen over complicate and time consuming. Just remember to try to keep it simple.

I would cut back when and if you feel you can. I think the BP and AHA and baby brush were just all too much for my skin and sometimes our skin just needs a break. Best of luck to you!

I'm 2 1/2 months in and my face was totally red and irritated and itchy (but also clear). After reading so much information from this board, I decided to try to wean my skin off of th BP in order to not let it get addicted to the product, and to also cut down on the redness and burning. I didn't use it Saturday night, and I was fine the next morning, only I wasn't red and irritated! I did use it Sunday night, but will once or twice a week go without it if I continue to stay clear. Also will try to start reducing full finger to maybe 3/4 or 1/2 on the nights I do use it. Another reason I cut down is because even if I wasn't putting it on my eyelids and making every effort to keep it away from the area, my eyelids totally aged! I thought it was going to be like this forever, but it made a huge difference when I skipped the one application. Some of the success stories also say they only use the BP 3-4 times a week. Oh, and I also only use it at night.

I was going to order sudacrem but realized I was making my regimen over complicate and time consuming. Just remember to try to keep it simple.

I would cut back when and if you feel you can. I think the BP and AHA and baby brush were just all too much for my skin and sometimes our skin just needs a break. Best of luck to you!