Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slafavers

Tazorac users -- washing your face in the am and oily skin..

Hi there, I just started Tazorac a few weeks ago. After some irritation last week, my dermatologist recommended that I just wash with water in the mornings after I use Tazorac (right now, it's 3 times a week).

I used Tazorac last night and then just washed my face with water. My nose is remarkably greasy this morning, much more so than usual. Would it be pushing the envelope to use a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil to wash off the Tazorac and oil in the am?

Whatever works for you, but I always try to do what the derm says.

People who go against their advice are always complaining that derms suck and they don't get results.

(Sorry, little rant there, I don't mean you)

I prefer water in the AM, and cleanser at night, after the Tazorac.

Just be sure you aren't using the cleanser more than twice a day.

I have really oily skin, and I just use water...if it's just your nose that's greasy, you could always wash with water and grab some blot sheets.

hth?

I agree with that...I follow my derm's advice most of the time.

But with this, she said to basically do what feels best for my skin. Washing it w/just water in the am may help with the irritation I encountered last week (but I was also using a AHA cleanser in the morning after Taz, which I think was part of the cause).

I already use blotting sheets on a daily basis, thanks for the suggestion, but I am using Tazorac to prevent oily skin, not to cause it.