Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CTDani

would this make sense?

This may sound like a pretty ignorant question, but I figured it's worth a go. I'm aware of the fact that there's no way to avoid the intitial breakout while on accutane. But, would your degree of acne affect the severity of this? I guess what Im asking is can you assume that you'll get a 'break out' but it will be relative to how bad your skin is already? Mild acne = breakout. Sever acne = BAD breakout :D

Chances are you will get a breakout.There is no way to tell how bad it will be.I dont know how bad your acne is now.But It really depends on what lies under your skin not what is on the outside that you can see.It pushes so much out of your skin that it would be impossible to even answer your question.I had severe cystic acne on my first accutane course.I broke out really bad and kept breakout out untll my last month on it.I even went 8 months on it at a dose of 120 MG on my last 2 months.And still i had a zit here or there.Nothing severe just annoying ones and even one to me is a lot since i am tired of seeing the pesky things.But you may luck out and not have a breakout at all.One girl on another board had problems with white heads and blackheads and never got a single breakout from accutane.But what i hear most is most do breakout so be prepared.Just keep in mind you will have nice clear skin after so try not to let it get you down to much.

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated! I just get whiteheads here and there...NOTHIN' BAD at all. Just enough to make me wanna rid myself of them though..

:D)

What victim is saying is correct, but comparing it to any acne you have now it will definately be ALOT worse, plenty of whiteheads is what I got...