Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AdamHatesAcne

Popped Zit yesterday and everything has gone wrong

Hi guys,

I had a massive white head that felt quite painful, so yesterday I decided to get rid of it myself. I popped the front of the white head and tried to squeeze out all the puss with my fingers. Now it has left a big red mark all around the original spot. It seems like I have caused an infection and I am worried this mark is going to remain for a long time if not permanently to a certain degree.

Help, what can I do???

Apply ice. Take ibuprofen or naproxen sodium. Do not mess with it anymore AT all.

Ice: wrap an ice cube in a thin cloth towel or paper towel so the ice doesn't directly touch your skin. Hold the ice to the lesion for one minute or so on, five minutes or so off. Repeat as often as necessary throughout the first 24 hours, but not to the point that your skin turns pale or feels uncomfortable. That will reduce the swelling and the pain and the redness.

Ibuprofen or naproxen sodium are anti-inflammatories. One or the other will help reduce the swelling and inflammation of any type of infection and may also help with pain. Use only as directed and pick one or the other.

Apply ice. Take ibuprofen or naproxen sodium. Do not mess with it anymore AT all.

Ice: wrap an ice cube in a thin cloth towel or paper towel so the ice doesn't directly touch your skin. Hold the ice to the lesion for one minute or so on, five minutes or so off. Repeat as often as necessary throughout the first 24 hours, but not to the point that your skin turns pale or feels uncomfortable. That will reduce the swelling and the pain and the redness.

Ibuprofen or naproxen sodium are anti-inflammatories. One or the other will help reduce the swelling and inflammation of any type of infection and may also help with pain. Use only as directed and pick one or the other.

The above is not a scar treatment. It is a treatment for a pimple/cyst/whatever that's been messed with. It will reduce the pain, redness and swelling. It may also reduce the risk for forming a red mark, but no guarantee.

The above is not a scar treatment. It is a treatment for a pimple/cyst/whatever that's been messed with. It will reduce the pain, redness and swelling. It may also reduce the risk for forming a red mark, but no guarantee.

No. It is not permanent. (stop messing with it. ;) ) Red marks are not permanent scars. They eventually fade.

No. It is not permanent. (stop messing with it. ;) ) Red marks are not permanent scars. They eventually fade.

Thanks for your help Wynne :) But I have to say, I hope this goes soon because it looks terrible.

Thanks for your help Wynne :) But I have to say, I hope this goes soon because it looks terrible.

Just arrived back from the docters and she prescribed me with BACTROBAN OINTMENT. It treats skin infections, I wish i didnt try and pop that zit

I did that last week to a zit on my face. I juts put bp on it and left it alone and its healing quite nicely. Just leave it alone and apply bp at night. Also for future reference, you make want to buy one of those tools to help push out the pus. They sell them at bed, bath, and beyond if you have that store where you live. If not, you can just wrap your index fingers in paper towels and gently apply pressure to the affected area. Only do it if you can see the whitehead

I think what I have could be 'Impetigo'. It sure looks like it after seeing some of the pictures of it on the net. It is defiantely some sort of skin infection, I have never had this in my life from popping zits.

I think what I have could be 'Impetigo'. It sure looks like it after seeing some of the pictures of it on the net. It is defiantely some sort of skin infection, I have never had this in my life from popping zits.

Bactroban will take care of even impetigo. Just use it as directed.

...if it is some sort of skin infection, do they usualy leave scars? or is that uncommon?

...if it is some sort of skin infection, do they usualy leave scars? or is that uncommon?

Since you're treating it early on, it is unlikely to leave scars. Just keep the areas treated as per the doctor's orders. Clean your skin as ordered and wash your hands. Be gentle with your skin.

Since you're treating it early on, it is unlikely to leave scars. Just keep the areas treated as per the doctor's orders. Clean your skin as ordered and wash your hands. Be gentle with your skin.

thank you

Don't worry, any type of wound or infection leaves a transitory marking; that red area will likely fade over time, just continue treating it, do not peel scabs or skin off unless your doc said to do so. A scab protects a wound.

Don't worry, any type of wound or infection leaves a transitory marking; that red area will likely fade over time, just continue treating it, do not peel scabs or skin off unless your doc said to do so. A scab protects a wound.