Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
truthteller

Every moisterizer I use breaks me out. Help!

I've tried Cetaphil, i've tried jojoba oil, ive tried Purpose, ive tried St Ives. Every one of these breaks out me out.

I've finally controlled my acne. However, my face looks pretty dry and I want it to look silky smooth. The problem is, every moisterizer I have used breaks me out pretty badly. I don't know why!

Any suggestions?

Complex 15. It will not break you out at all, there are no oils or what usually people break out from :). If you break out then, then you can be rest assured it's not the moisturizer. Good luck

I've tried Cetaphil, i've tried jojoba oil, ive tried Purpose, ive tried St Ives. Every one of these breaks out me out.

I've finally controlled my acne. However, my face looks pretty dry and I want it to look silky smooth. The problem is, every moisterizer I have used breaks me out pretty badly. I don't know why!

Any suggestions?

I absolutely love this stuff. Combined with Neutrogena 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Stress Control in the evening and I am 93% clear with good skin quality. I've found in the past Cetaphil, Eucerin, and a few others only made me break out more. This stuff is extremely light feeling and doesn't leave me all greasy the rest of the day.

Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Daily Regenerating Moisture Lotion

* Dermatologist tested for safety

* 100% oil-free

* Non comedogenic - won't clog pores

* Gentle to skin

* Allergy tested

* Non-greasy

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...amp;catid=10394

Im just so scared to try it because last time I did it I broke out horribly on my forehead. I guess I will try Aloe Vera to see how that works.

Won't honey be sticky and clog my pores?

Any suggestions for which Aloe Vera or Honey products to try?

Im just so scared to try it because last time I did it I broke out horribly on my forehead. I guess I will try Aloe Vera to see how that works.

Won't honey be sticky and clog my pores?

Any suggestions for which Aloe Vera or Honey products to try?

I have/had this same problem. I tried every moisturizer my drugstore sells and they all broke me out. I recently went to my grocery store though, and bought one that I love. Doves Sensitive skin facial lotion. I read a lot about it on here, and Snowqueen always says about it being so good for acne-prone skin. I tried it and have been using it for awhile now with NO breakouts. Actually I think its been helping my acne. It has a lot anti-inflammatory ingredients, one semi-anti-bacterial ingredient and a few anti-irritants, not to mention a bunch of good water binding agents that also help repair your skin barrier. I really really encourage you to try it. I know your probably nervous about using new ones, I was to, but Im happy I got this stuff.

As for aloe vera, use Fruit Of The Earth. A lot of the other ones include alcohol and other ingredients that can be irritating to skin. BUT just a warning, aloe vera is not very moisturizing. If you have dry skin it probably wont help, you apply it and when it dries it makes your face tight. Read the reviews on here for it and you'll understand what im talking about. I used it and loved it, but i mixed it with jojoba oil and then it was moisturizing enough.

http://www.acne.org/fruit-of-the-earth-alo.../241/page1.html

I have/had this same problem. I tried every moisturizer my drugstore sells and they all broke me out. I recently went to my grocery store though, and bought one that I love. Doves Sensitive skin facial lotion. I read a lot about it on here, and Snowqueen always says about it being so good for acne-prone skin. I tried it and have been using it for awhile now with NO breakouts. Actually I think its been helping my acne. It has a lot anti-inflammatory ingredients, one semi-anti-bacterial ingredient and a few anti-irritants, not to mention a bunch of good water binding agents that also help repair your skin barrier. I really really encourage you to try it. I know your probably nervous about using new ones, I was to, but Im happy I got this stuff.

As for aloe vera, use Fruit Of The Earth. A lot of the other ones include alcohol and other ingredients that can be irritating to skin. BUT just a warning, aloe vera is not very moisturizing. If you have dry skin it probably wont help, you apply it and when it dries it makes your face tight. Read the reviews on here for it and you'll understand what im talking about. I used it and loved it, but i mixed it with jojoba oil and then it was moisturizing enough.

http://www.acne.org/fruit-of-the-earth-alo.../241/page1.html

Unpasturized honey has enzymes in it that can heal your skin, but I wouldn't recommend leaving it on all day.

Aloe is good, but can leave you a little shiny.