Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lifebot

Please, I beg you help me with my acne.

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2223/wtfft4.jpg

Hello to everyone.

I really didn't want to post a picture on the internet, but I seriously don't know what to do about it.

I am a 16 year old high school student. My acne started about April of 2007, where little pimples began appearing, and now I am at a condition where it seems no longer repairable.

When my acne was just minor, I used different exfoliating scrubs to help vanish them, however, the number of pimples increased daily, and I had to keep popping them as I got very paranoid.

I recently purchased a 5 piece proactiv system about 3 weeks ago, and it definately did not help at all. In fact, I think it worsened my skin even more. It feels irritating, and less layered.

As the date of today, I'm stopping proactiv, and I am looking for an alternative method to clear this matter. Right now it is summer break, and I am afraid to go outside to meet anyone, as it got severely worse during the summer. I barely go outside, and wash my face at least twice a day with soap.

I have another month untill school stars again, I really want to clear this up by then. Pleas help. Anyone out there.

post-61964-1186979300_thumb.jpg

post-61964-1186979300_thumb.jpg

It's hard to tell from the picture you posted, but your acne doesn't look very severe. In my opinion it looks moderate..

Have you considered trying Dan's regimen? Also, try to keep the popping to a minimum. I know it's tempting, but you can end up hurting your skin even more and possibly scarring it.

I think my skin is rather allergic to benzoyl peroxide, as whenever I use them, my skin gets noticably red, and sometimes irritating.

I think my skin is rather allergic to benzoyl peroxide, as whenever I use them, my skin gets noticably red, and sometimes irritating.

allergic reactions to BP are typically a lot more severe than what you describe.

you might be using too much BP.

Proactiv worked for me. If your skin is irritated from Proactiv, you should cut back to using it once a day to start. Then when your skin is accustomed to it, you can increase to using it twice a day. Also, as the Proactiv rep said on the local shopping channel, only use a small quantity of each of the 3 steps - remember, the kit is a 60-day supply. Specifically, she recommends using about the size of a nickel of the Renewing Cleanser, only 3-5 drops of the Revitalizing Toner for the entire face and neck and a drop the size of a pea of the Repairing Lotion to cover the entire face.

If you're sure you're allergic to bonzoyl peroxide, then you shouldn't be using Proactiv. Just make sure the redness you're experiencing isn't just due to overuse of the BP.

Other tips:

1. If you are allergic to BP, you can still use the Refining Mask as it is sulfur based and is very effective at clearing up acne.

2. If you're not using any other chemical exfoliating product, you can still use the Revitalizing Toner as it's glycolic acid will help to exfoliate the skin.

3. If you're not using Proactiv, you should look for something with salicylic acid as it penetrates deeper into the pores to clear them out. I use Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid Gel .

4. When using the Renewing Cleanser or any manual exfoliating scrub, massage it gently into the skin, adding a few drops of water to help the beads roll smoothly over the skin's surface. If the beads feel too rough on the skin, add a few drops more water.

Good luck.

If it makes you feel any better i went from on cyst on my cheek bone to not being able to open my mouth with out bleeding and pussing everywhere in two weeks. I'm going to an emergency derm appointment to get suggestions even though nothing could possibly act fast enough for me to be presentable for my first day of college, its not even about getting rid of acne anymore its about controlling it so dont have to take painkillers every 4 hours.

save yourself some misery and time and use accutane. I know what its like to have a sensitivity to BP....it doesn't work at all for some people.

Dont bother with anything except accutane if i were you. This is exactly thetype of acne I have except I am female and 25. I tried anti biotics and lots of topical soultuions but none worked. I am on accutane for almost 2 weeks now and it is getting better already.

My first suggestion: Absolutely do NOT pick any more of your pimples. EVER. I do note that you have some indented scarring starting with purple hyperpigmentation from picking. I know that only picking and squeezing causes that type of scarring. DO NOT PICK. You CAN recover from the scarring if you do not pick anymore and treat your skin gently henceforth.

Please use only warm and cool/cold water to wash and use a sensitive skin cleanser only twice a day! Washing more than once a day is irritating to the skin, robs the skin of its needed emollients and may induce a breakout. Hot water is very irritating and dries the skin.

Adding in a moisturizer for sensitive skin is counterintuitive but believe me, it will help your poor skin heal better. Even oily skin benefits from a moisturizer. I am particularly enjoying Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15. Gentle, soothing, soaks right in.

Please see a dermatologist. Your acne is not severe, but you are beginning to scar. You do need some prescription products (like a retinoid gel) that will help clear the current acne and help repair the damage from the old acne.

Please remember that there are no fast quick cures. All treatments do take time. Some treatments you'll find that your skin gets worse before it gets better.

I can't help washing my face frequently because it tends to get oily in matter of hours.

I stopped using proactiv, and my skin seems to be less redder.

I am currently just using an exfoliating bar soap with jojoba oil, with daily a aspirin mask + aloe vera gel.

I am looking forward to meet a dermatolgist, when I convince my mom to do so.

I will stop picking and squeezing, you really scared me right there.

But for now untill I meet a dermatologist, what else do you suggest me to do?

I really don't want any BP in the cleanser, thats why I'm just using a soap.

I also considered about taking accutane, but I am kind of scared of the sideaffects, and also the price.

I can't help washing my face frequently because it tends to get oily in matter of hours.

I stopped using proactiv, and my skin seems to be less redder.

I am currently just using an exfoliating bar soap with jojoba oil, with daily a aspirin mask + aloe vera gel.

I am looking forward to meet a dermatolgist, when I convince my mom to do so.

I will stop picking and squeezing, you really scared me right there.

But for now untill I meet a dermatologist, what else do you suggest me to do?

I really don't want any BP in the cleanser, thats why I'm just using a soap.

I also considered about taking accutane, but I am kind of scared of the sideaffects, and also the price.

Also, i'd like to ask where I can get accutane presecribed.

Do I have to go to a dermatologist or is family doctor ok?

I current reside in Canada.

Also, i'd like to ask where I can get accutane presecribed.

Do I have to go to a dermatologist or is family doctor ok?

I current reside in Canada.

If you're in Canada (same as me) getting accutane is really easy. Just go to your family doctor and they can get you a prescription started. Family doctor's are fairly knowledgable on the subject of acne as alot of patients come in complaining about it.

I just asked my mom, and she tells me that she has fogotten to renew my health card, as my birthday passed not too recently.

Will the cost of accutane increase alot if I dont bring in a health card?

i would consider accutane as a last resort. try dan's regimen... i think you will have good results. the redness and irritation is normal, just be sure to use a moisturizer to help with that. also, start off with maybe half a finger once every other day, then slowly work up to a full finger twice a day.