Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weedman

What can be done for red marks?

I would like to know a good answer to this question.. we all moisturise but this does not get rid of my red/purple cheeks. I know bio oil is good for scars but oil is bad for clogging pores so can I use this whilst on accutane?

I will ask my dermatologist on Monday and let you know what he says.

I would like to know a good answer to this question.. we all moisturise but this does not get rid of my red/purple cheeks. I know bio oil is good for scars but oil is bad for clogging pores so can I use this whilst on accutane?

Nothing while you are on accutane; after you are finished the red marks will fade away and you skin will return to its normal tone and colour

Thanks for the replies. The thing is iv had these red marks for like 1 and 1/2 years now and they cover all my cheeks, thats what annoys me the most of them. As far as acne goes im pretty much clear except for a few breakouts, but nothing too bad.

So anyways my main 'objective' would be to get rid of these marks, i hate em so much, iv even tried IPL with no luck n the derm said it was because i was still getting acne, i dnt see how that has got anything to do with it but anyways :/

My derm gave me this to use : La Roche Posay Active Vitamin C emulsion to apply on the hyperpigmentation and it is working well. I have added Retin-A into my regimen for the red marks using it alternatively for a better effect which my derm suggests also.

My derm gave me this to use : La Roche Posay Active Vitamin C emulsion to apply on the hyperpigmentation and it is working well. I have added Retin-A into my regimen for the red marks using it alternatively for a better effect which my derm suggests also.