Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ramzey

Did anti-biotics first time?

Hi All,

I am going to the doctors this week to get some anti-biotics for my bacne, I just wanted to know if anyone had any success after just one course of antibiotics. Did you experience a permanent change in the condition of your acne after just one course?

Thanks in advance.

It actually depends which antibiotics you get....

i used Lymecycline (tetralysal 300) and they were great, also minocycline is great :)

hough your probably gonna be prescribed Oxytetracycline, there good aswell, but requires you to take them 4 times a day, instead of once like lymecycline and minocycline.

Hey Cpt, Londoner to I see. How much does a standard course cost on the NHS? I assume its inexpensive.

Well, went to the Doc and the first suggestion she made was lymecycline. SO I just started that, hoping for good things.......................

Sorry to piss on your fire, but antibiotics have some good and bad points.

GOOD point:

Cleared me up

BAD point:

As soon as you stop them, your acne will most probably come flooding back, unfortunately. Antibiotics 'pause' everything if you will. It isn't a cure, it's almost like using a concealer.

It hides the acne, but the problem is still there IMO.

HOWEVER.... If this course doesn't work for you, ask to be put on topicals AND oral antibiotics. You should probably have some success then with a little patience :)

Sorry to piss on your fire, but antibiotics have some good and bad points.

GOOD point:

Cleared me up

BAD point:

As soon as you stop them, your acne will most probably come flooding back, unfortunately. Antibiotics 'pause' everything if you will. It isn't a cure, it's almost like using a concealer.

It hides the acne, but the problem is still there IMO.

HOWEVER.... If this course doesn't work for you, ask to be put on topicals AND oral antibiotics. You should probably have some success then with a little patience :)

Antibiotics did not work for me at all. I exhausted all the dermatologists options when it came to them. Lol. But i guess it is just the same as most things, it may work for some and not others

anti biotics cleard the acne on my bak up and it hasnt come bak that was about a year ago now they didnt however clear my t zone area but they did help. weirdly they cleard my forehead but they came back unlike the acne on my back

hello everyone

Been on doxycycline for 2months, it took a lot of the redness away quickly and the acne reduced. The lumps which i had under the skin has all gone, its nearly all smooth. Went to my doc today, he gave me lymecycline for 2 months. Im hoping this will do the trick.

For doxy to work, it takes about 4 weeks to start working, i would say 5-6 weeks you start to see your skin change, not as red, less breakouts, breakouts may last longer, bad breakouts now and then, it happends.

Give me your views on "lymecycline" and is it stronger than doxy?

Thanks

--------------------

Let's fight it together.