Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Knee

What is wrong with my skin

Thanks Everybody! You have been really helpful

I'm just saying dude, if you get Retin-a micro, you will get extremely sensitive skin that you will have to deal with for however long you keep using retin a, which is usually years. If you use accutane now you save yourself the trouble of possible scarring and you only have sensitive skin for at least 5 months. Side effects of accutane are not as harsh as they make you believe, they have to list the worst case scenario. I'm on accutane right now 4 months in and ive only had dry lips and I'm completely clear.

Do not forget to moisturize properly. You can even apply a repair cream at night to rebuild your already irritated skin by the Retin-A.

If you produce too much sebum you should try taking supplements. Well, you should try them anyways.

Start taking fish oil, vitamins (A,C,E), and zink.

I'm 99.99% sure they will help you greatly.

Thanks... i will start taking a multivitamin

I'm not using retin A but am using benzeclin... would using a mosturizer help with the acne?

Thanks... i will start taking a multivitamin

I'm not using retin A but am using benzeclin... would using a mosturizer help with the acne?

Dayum... thanks for the advice willow... I just checked and it had 100% of my daily value!!!!

would 50% be okay or just look for other suppliments?

Dayum... thanks for the advice willow... I just checked and it had 100% of my daily value!!!!

^And that's such a fun way to get Vitamin A. :D I can easily snack on carrots many times a day. And spinach (raw's tasty, but so is wilted spinach, ie, heat up some olive oil gently, add in some spices, browned sesame seeds, and pour the warmed oil over the spinach). Steam a bit of broccoli and put garlic on and a tiny bit of olive oil. And pepper. Oh delicious. :)

^And that's such a fun way to get Vitamin A. :D I can easily snack on carrots many times a day. And spinach (raw's tasty, but so is wilted spinach, ie, heat up some olive oil gently, add in some spices, browned sesame seeds, and pour the warmed oil over the spinach). Steam a bit of broccoli and put garlic on and a tiny bit of olive oil. And pepper. Oh delicious. :)

I love carrots... I'll have no problem eating them everyday ;)

Does anyone know any other vitamins good for skin and any foods that contain them?

Thanks Yall

just stick it out a little while longer with the benzaclin.. i am very confused as to why everyone is saying benzaclin doesnt work.. it has worked miracles for me and i dont even think ive been on it a month! i have mild acne im pretty sure maybe even less than that i just asked my regular doctor for it and she gave it to me and i spot treat with it, some of them go away overnight if not in a few days! may i ask why it works for me and not others? im scared its going to get bad now! and i have heard that the apricot scrub is terrible.. i use purpose cleanser and its soo gentle on my skin.. i strongely recommend it. i also get facials at a medical spa once a month and my aesthtician (sorry not sure how to spell it) recommends that i use a very gentle scrub every other day to keep my pores clear and i use a neutrogena one im sorry i cant remember the name and it has helped and not irritated my skin. so i suggest just stick it out with benzaclin and if it doesnt work go back to the derm and im sure they will give you something else to try.. im 17 and have had ups and downs with pimples.. but just remember attitude helps alot and it WILL get better.. and probably surprise you when it does! im sure you're an amazing person :) so never forget that because it is what is most important!

and if anyone could answer my question that wouldbe great :)

Thanks a lot EmilyRose :D

I think the reason why the Benzaclin seems to be making my acne worse is that I don't use it to spot treat. I recommend that you keep only using it for spot treatment only because I don't think it is good to put on your clear spots (just another chemical).

I noticed that the benzaclin makes me break out when applied to clear spots... I think it irritates my skin too much :(

If you want you can read this....

It just showed that when I applied BenzaClin to my forehead (that was and always is clear) it broke me out.

Thanks again for your advice and support :)