Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using Clinique Scruffing Lotion 2.5 for two weeks now because of it's acid content i thought it would break down the blackheads and clear my pores. It's breaking me out more than normal and making my skin seriously dry.

Should I persevere or just quit?

Any comments welcome. Cheers

theres good and bad products in the clinique line. i havent tried the one that ur using but some of their products have destroyed my skin. the last ones i tried were the liquid cleanser and the gel moisturizer- absolutely horrible!!!! i developed an itchy bumpy rash on my face that took forever to go away. i know their products are supposed to be gentle and allergy tested but a lot of them have irritated my skin. only 2 i would recommend from their line would be the daytime shield and the mild clarifying lotion. plus scrubs in general can be irritating-especially if used every day.

theres good and bad products in the clinique line. i havent tried the one that ur using but some of their products have destroyed my skin. the last ones i tried were the liquid cleanser and the gel moisturizer- absolutely horrible!!!! i developed an itchy bumpy rash on my face that took forever to go away. i know their products are supposed to be gentle and allergy tested but a lot of them have irritated my skin. only 2 i would recommend from their line would be the daytime shield and the mild clarifying lotion. plus scrubs in general can be irritating-especially if used every day.

Agreed. They're now using 'Allergy free' and 'Fragrance free' to advertise their products to consumers. This is true but in most of their products, they contain colouring and alot of skin irritants, especially in their scruffling lotion and clarifying lotion 1 - 4 line. Although I do recommend their mild clarifying lotion as a toner as it doesn't contain alcohol or any skin irritants.

cheers guys. i've stopped using it at the moment coz it did seem too harsh. i'll continue my search for a good toner.