Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I always tend to notice when acne is mentioned in movies or shows. What are some that you have noticed?

I'll start:

- King of the Hill. On fox today, the episode was about the wife slipping hank some prescription testosterone pills. He started getting stronger, healthier, more active. The neighbors wife wondered why he was so amazing, then asked why he has acne. lol It was actually funny in a way, because then she said "those are just zits of... joy!" He also had temper tantrums and had hormonal swings.

- In disturbia, shia labeouf looked in the mirror and said "premature" meaning it wasn't ready to pop yet. lol

- Fantastic 4, when jessica alba had a zit on her wedding day, and then used concentrate to make it "disappear" till the wedding was over with her superpowers. She then said, "I will have to focus on it the entire time" Makes me wish I had those powers!!

What about you? Do you recall anything lately?

!!! I watched that episode of king of the hill last night too! It's funny because I always wonder about who else is watching what I'm watching at that moment or what I'm listening to yay! anyway...the neighbor thought he looked great and I remember taking note that she thought that, even with his acne.

In Animal House, that scene where he has food in his mouth and then smashes his cheeks to so it looks like a pimple was popped...GROSS

- In disturbia, shia labeouf looked in the mirror and said "premature" meaning it wasn't ready to pop yet. lol

that was in transformers.

Osmosis Jones, Frank had this gianttttttttttttttttttttttt zit. And as he was talking to his daughter's teacher it popped and landed on her lip! ewwwwwww lol omgf ewwwww lol

Neat topic :)

It's definitely been a while since I saw acne on tv...clearasil commercials excluded... I remember an episode of Married w/Children where Kelly is trying to get a modeling job, and she gets a giant zit on her forehead. I think she uses some magic pimple cream that she tests on Bud, but it turns him in to a turkey. I could be mixing up episodes though.

Children of Men. The scene with the Prime Minister shows his son with acne. He's a depressed nerd who plays videogames while eating breakfast. Highly recommend this, one of the best movies I've seen in years.

Children of Men. The scene with the Prime Minister shows his son with acne. He's a depressed nerd who plays videogames while eating breakfast. Highly recommend this, one of the best movies I've seen in years.

Osmosis Jones, Frank had this gianttttttttttttttttttttttt zit. And as he was talking to his daughter's teacher it popped and landed on her lip! ewwwwwww lol omgf ewwwww lol

i just remembered a scene from the movie saved. Roland said something like; "before we moved to cherry hill, before the fat camps and tetracycline, Hillary's outside matched her inside." also, later in that movie, Hillary got a huge zit before the prom.

I just saw Transformers last night. I wasn't blown away by it. Anyway, I noticed that the dark haired girl that Sam (Shia LaBeouf) was interested in didn't have the greatest skin. It kinda made me feel better about mine. Although she didn't have 3 monster zits on her face like I do! :lol:

I think the very first time I heard the word "zit" was on "Full House". DJ had a zit and it was making her so self-conscious that she didn't want to go to school. Then when she finally went to school, she constantly went to the bathroom to check out the zit. She realized how many other girls were in the bathroom checking out their zits too. She diffused the situation by saying "Hey, anybody wanna play connect the dots?" and everyone laughed and she wasn't as self conscious after that. Nice sentiment, but really, I would LOVE to know what it's like to be concerned about one zit at a time.

Others:

- Not a movie or TV, but in the "Harry Potter" books, there are frequent references to a character named Eloise Midgen, whose acne is always mentioned whenever she is. In the 4th book (Goblet of Fire) the Herbology Professor (Professor Sprout) mentions that the pus squeezed out of the boils on a plant called a Bobotuber is "an excellent remedy for the more stubborn forms of acne", which causes Hannah Abbott to mention that Eloise tried to curse her acne off and had to go to Madam Pomfrey (school nurse) to fix her nose back on. I wish we had Bobotuber pus.

- In the movie "Superbad", Seth mentions he knows how to use cover-up because of his previous experience with acne.

- A long time ago, I remember watching the TV cartoon "Animaniacs". An entire sketch was spent trying to find out what "Acme" meant because that's what they believe they heard Max (I think that was his name... the rich kid) screaming it out of his window. After much research, they find out what he was actually screaming was "acne"... he was just pissed off at his pimples.

- In "The Simpsons", when Homer discovers that you can be paid small amounts of money for grease, he decides to make a business out of collecting large amounts of grease. In his quest for grease, he goes to Krusty Burger, takes one look at the pimply kid at the counter, and says "My God you're greasy..." in a creepy sort of way. Kid yells (in his squeaky puberty-like voice) "Mr. Maleuka!" (I'm assuming he's yelling for the manager of the burger joint).

That's all I can think of right now. Great thread idea!

I noticed megan fox from transformers seemed to have bad skin in the close up shots.... her tan (its way too dark IMO) covers her rolling scars around her cheeks though, makes it REALLY hard to see unless the camera is inches away from her face.