Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Evababy

more red as the day goes on.

ok, does this happen to anyone.. wheni wake up in the morning i'm like YESSSSSSSS! :clap: they are fading but then through out the day i notice they get redder. same room same lighting same mirror.... does anyone know why this happens? :wall:

yess! same EXACT thing happens to me. i wake up thinking my red marks have faded but then look in the same place later in the day and realize they're not. it's so frustrating! i really don't know why this happens besides maybe our brains are playing tricks on us? lol.

It's no trick. As the day goes on blood circulates better and in larger volumes around your body, especially to your face. Thats why red marks may appear redder when you're running or doing some sort of sports. The blood thats feeding the mark (hence why its red) is more and more readily available as you go about your day. When you first wake up during the day, your body hasnt moved in hours because you've been sleeping, so blood flow to your face may have been slowed down quite a bit because of that, and this is why the marks appear lighter..

thank you so much for that response that makes total and complete sense nowww. DAMMIT! gRAAA lol. Hmm so does that mean that my red marks are due to broken blood vessels in my face that can only be corrected by laser? Can broken blood vessels go away on there own or by using a topical medication or internal supplement? has anyone ever heard of a case when the red marks completely went away.. i mean not just became lighter but vanished?

I wasnt much of a picker and i dont smoke dont drink I dont suntan so this kinda makes me want to :wall: and :cry: Anyway thanks so much for your responses...xoxo :D

I think theres 3 members that comes to mind that had vbeam done for redmarks, that abbylee, aznboi69 and also stevo. They all tell me that marks have vanished OVERTIME with multiple treatments. But I dont think all red marks are the same. Some are blood related but others may just be irritated skin that tends to look brown/dark after sometime and scab off.

And dont go suntanning, ive done that years ago. I think it contributed to my red marks being so tough to fade, since I feel that sundamage "bakes" the marks deeper into your skin. Sure you can hide them with a tan but all that does is blend things in, it doesnt really take care of the problem at its roots.

I think the only topical that has a proven effect on broken blood vessels is vitamin K... I was given this after my first vbeam and I feel that within 2 weeks some of the red marks that it was applied on looked lighter overall.

Just be patient if you're going down the laser route, it takes more than one session for things to be fixed up.