Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scb18891

i need results FAST

i feel like i post a new topic like every week on here, and i appoligize if i've become annoying but i just want to see some results! i'm leaving for college in a week and i feel like i'm doing something wrong in order to get rid of these marks.

ive been using aloe vera gel for about a week or more.. haven't seen any huge results. whenever i THINK my marks have become better, i look at them in a better light and realize there has been little to no progress.

i bought bio oil yesterday.. and this morning i washed my face with just hot water and applied aloe vera gel.. then a few hours later i applied bio oil.

i think my reg is just gonna be using those two products - i'm trying to stay away from any medications. but has anyone tried both of these products together and see sucess? or should i just use one instead of both? thanks!

Tried both for significant periods of time -- Honestly they didn't do much at all :mad:

But feel free to experiment as you wish. If your red marks tend to fade fast, maybe this regimen will work, but if they last 6 months to a year, or even more, then don't count on it.

Now if you're a girl just use makeup to cover them.

If you're a guy, this might surprise you, but use makeup to cover them. It takes a minute to apply with mineral powder - I'm a guy and I use it every day and no one can tell I have redmarks. In college I'd stuff a little mirror in my pocket, along with the powder, and apply it in a stall... Works like a charm.

You could also just say screw it and don't use makeup - If you have a very minor case then it's probably no big deal.

I'm currently using Bio-Oil (been using it for a week) and my red scars do appear to be less red, so I'd recommend bio-oil.

And one week isn't really enough to see GOOD results, it may take up to 2 months if not a bit more.

If you have the time, AHA exfoliation also yields good results.

Good Luck=]

Remember that sun exposure darkens red marks, meaning they take more time to fade, therefore wear a good sunscreen with spf 15 or higher and reapply frequently if you sweat, swim etc.

And make sure the sunscreen contains:

avobenzone, zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mexoryl sx, or tinosorb; the ingredients recognized by the FDA to provide adequate UVA protection.

Tried both for significant periods of time -- Honestly they didn't do much at all :mad:

But feel free to experiment as you wish. If your red marks tend to fade fast, maybe this regimen will work, but if they last 6 months to a year, or even more, then don't count on it.

Now if you're a girl just use makeup to cover them.

If you're a guy, this might surprise you, but use makeup to cover them. It takes a minute to apply with mineral powder - I'm a guy and I use it every day and no one can tell I have redmarks. In college I'd stuff a little mirror in my pocket, along with the powder, and apply it in a stall... Works like a charm.

You could also just say screw it and don't use makeup - If you have a very minor case then it's probably no big deal.

I'm currently using Bio-Oil (been using it for a week) and my red scars do appear to be less red, so I'd recommend bio-oil.

And one week isn't really enough to see GOOD results, it may take up to 2 months if not a bit more.

If you have the time, AHA exfoliation also yields good results.

Good Luck=]

Remember that sun exposure darkens red marks, meaning they take more time to fade, therefore wear a good sunscreen with spf 15 or higher and reapply frequently if you sweat, swim etc.

And make sure the sunscreen contains:

avobenzone, zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mexoryl sx, or tinosorb; the ingredients recognized by the FDA to provide adequate UVA protection.

Sometimes avobenzone goes by a longer chemical name, google avobenzone and you'll probably get it on wikipedia.

Good Luck:)

yeah, i've used bare minerals which has been amazing! i just wish i could walk out of the house without having anything on - even though it doesnt take much time to put the make up on. i've been trying to avoid using it though only because i feel like my skin will heal better without it and it sometimes tends to break me out a little bit. :\

You could try a TCA peel. This got rid of abit of superficial red scarring that i had and my skin looked really good afterwards. I wouldnt recommend this if your acne is still active though. Post or PM me if you want more information :)

Guest Kimmay

^ If you have a walgreens in your area, they sel bio oil in the isle where you find all the skin cleansers. And it's labeled "Bio Oil".