Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ello

im giving up on clear skin

i dont think ill ever have clear skin. it just want meant for me. and whats worse is that i went for a facial and the lady extracted black heads and white heads from my face. when i went in my skin was pretty clear and i had 1 spot on my face. a week later and now i have like many little darkspots on my face and like 12 HUGE DARK spots on my face. and they are dark like almost black dark. should i demand a refund or something. it cost $110. i shouldve just gotten a skin peel.

:comfort:

I had a terrible experience with a facial once also. I will never allow extractions to be done on my face again. I ended up with a major "purging" (personally, I think it caused a breakout, not just purged) and very dark purple marks where she had extracted whiteheads.

Some of those still haven't faded almost a year later.

I know how you feel about the never-completely-clear-skin thing; I am trying to accept that mostly clear isn't so bad. Mostly-clear-most-of-the-time is achievable I think.

'mostly-clear' is, I fear, the best I will ever have.. compared to my peers.

weird.

It's not so much that I've given up on clear skin, it's more or less that I've accepted that I will always have to take steps - more steps than normal people - to keep my skin healthy. I'm 26 and still have acne and it's not likely to go away - rather than living in despair about my skin, I just accept that it is something that I will have to deal with. It's not the only issue that I will have to deal with for a lifetime, so that makes it easier.

It's not so much that I've given up on clear skin, it's more or less that I've accepted that I will always have to take steps - more steps than normal people - to keep my skin healthy. I'm 26 and still have acne and it's not likely to go away - rather than living in despair about my skin, I just accept that it is something that I will have to deal with. It's not the only issue that I will have to deal with for a lifetime, so that makes it easier.

quote for thought

i dont think ill ever have clear skin. it just want meant for me. and whats worse is that i went for a facial and the lady extracted black heads and white heads from my face. when i went in my skin was pretty clear and i had 1 spot on my face. a week later and now i have like many little darkspots on my face and like 12 HUGE DARK spots on my face. and they are dark like almost black dark. should i demand a refund or something. it cost $110. i shouldve just gotten a skin peel.

Have you ever had a facial before? Did you go to your usual person? I did have a very bad experience a few months ago (not my usual aesthetician, what a mistake), where I went in without any breakouts, just an extraction, and I ended up with pus filled zits that kept erupting every few days. It was so bad I went to the derm and got on antibiotics and topicals.

In the past I've had good facials, and went back recently to get another one and no problems. I usually have some marks for a few days after, but they go away within a week. But I also get vitamin A on my skin afterwards which lightly peels a few days after and helps fade the spots faster.

If I were you, I would definitely go back and demand either a refund or some type of corrective treatment, if any. If you end up having to see the derm like I did, ask them to reimburse you for the doc visit and meds.