Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Day 1

I am feeling very optimistic right now. I am going to do the DKR extactly as Dan prescribed. Although, I wil not be using his products because I can find them in person. But I'm still using really good moisturizor, 2.5% BP and gentle facial cleanser. Also, I am taking Omega 3 and Zinc supplements. I have never tried these supplements before so I am really excited to see the effects, if any. I always take a multivitamin but I found out that it only contains a fraction of the recommeded dose of Zinc and of course, no Omega 3. Maybe when I am clear I will use AHA as a spot treatment, but that won't be for at least a month. Right now I can't even count how many zits I have. Lets just say its a lot. My forehead is going a-wall and my checks hate me right now. It would probably be easier to tell you what part doesn't mave a zit, maybe my nose. I am going to be patient and open minded and really try not to constantly look in the mirror and criticise myself over my acne. That is something that I do constantly. My goal is to have my acne under control (not necessarily clear but only 2-3 zits) by the time school starts again after labour day.

August 8th.

Well I feel like such an idot! I know I caused the breakout that I have right now because I switched my regime. I stated getting lazy with DKR about 4 weeks ago and for the last week I didn't use any BP. I tried taking ACV internally becuase it sounded like such a simple and natural way to cure acne. Also, I was pissed off becuase I still had 2-3 zits on the DKR, its was time consuming and made my skin red and dry. However, now that I screwed up my skin I would love to only have the 2-3 zits that I thought was such a big deal. Oh well! However, this is the first bad breakout I've had in about a year so it really does put things into perspecrive. For the first time, I am not going to let this breakout control me. I am not going to stare in the mirror and constantly criticise every zit and imperfection. I am just going to be patient and realize that it will take at least a month to get my skin back to normal. Becuase I went off the DKR and am now back on it my skin is horrible. It is red, dry, tight and burns like crazy. Plus all the zits! Its so wierd that my forehead broke out! I never get pimples on my forehead. Even when I was on the DKR I wouldn't put BP on my forehead or maybe just the left overs on my finger. It could be becuase of the hot and humid weather we've been having. I also now realize that the only reason my skin is under control is becuase of topicals, ie BP. Without BP my acne is probably just as bad or worse than it was in highschool. I just really hope that by the time school starts, in exactly one month minus one day, my skin starts to resemble something normal again! I know my skin will suck on the weekend which is not good becuase I'm attending a huge family gathering. I get really self conscious when I am around a lot of people with a breakout. I just think that everyone is looking at my zits in disgust. I'm sure that is the case for a few people, but the majority will not think anything of it. I just have to rationalize it. I would not constantly stare at someone who is overweight in disgust so why would someone stare at my zits in disgust. Right now I'm just hoping that the redness and buring will be gone by the weekend.

The spots on your forehead might not be acne. They might be folliculitis, which is aggravated by hot and humid conditions, and folliculitis is very common on the forehead. Folliculitis and acne can look pretty similar. I get folliculitis when it's too hot and humid out. Something to consider.

Cam >B)

[...]Its so wierd that my forehead broke out! I never get pimples on my forehead. Even when I was on the DKR I wouldn't put BP on my forehead or maybe just the left overs on my finger. It could be becuase of the hot and humid weather we've been having.[...]

Aug 9.

Redness and stinging is now gone. Thank god! My skin kinda feels normal. My self confidence is still pretty shot but I am trying to think positively and not hide from the world. I've done awesome with not snapping at my boyfriend. My skin is still super dry. I'm excited to find out if the Zinc and Omega 3 will have an effect. But I'm waiting a minimum one month before I even start to wonder if they are working. I will be patient and I will not jump to conclusion, which got me into this mess in the first place! ARGGG I just want my confidence back!

Aug 10th,

Well I can already tell that the DKR is working because my current zits are drying up. They are all still there, but less red and large. I took Zinc for the second time last night and it didn't give me any nausia, thank god! I though I wasn't going to be able to take it. I think I felt so sick the first time I took it because all I had to eat for dinner was a salad. I don't think that was enough food for the Zinc. Last night I had ham for dinner and I had no problem with the Zinc. So I am going to make sure that I take the Zinc pill with my biggest meal of the day. My face is still really dry as well!

Aug 10th,

I take it back. My face is buring like crazy right now. Wierd becuase it wasn't this morning. Oh well, its probably just the moisturizor wearing off. But its so, I wouldn't say painful, but irritating!!! Hopefully it will go away soon!

Aug 11th,

Skin is finally starting to look normal. The zits around my mouth are gone. Forehead is drying up and smaller but still there. Checks have a few. I don't know if its the Zinc, Omega 3 or DKR or a combination of all three but something is working. I didn't expect to have such good results after only a week.

Aug 12,

So its been one week on DKR, including supplements. I am happy with the progress so far. Zits are still drying up and face is less red. I had a couple new ones pop up but they are in their normal breakout places. Now that I am making progress I can tell I'm getting impatient. I look in the mirror and think, grrr why aren't I clear yet. I know this is a bad attitude to have and I need to think positively. I am confident I will reach my clear skin by the time school starts goal. And when I say clear skin I don't mean 100% I mean clear with a couple zits. I don't think 100% clear is possible genetically. But one to three zits is no big deal to me and I can handle that! My forehead is still broken out! I can't wait until that is clear. Then I'll really feel back to normal again. They are drying up so I give it 2 weeks until clear forehead. Then at least I can cut back on BP on forehead (because I never used BP on forehead before and it was always crystal clear). I just think it is the heat that made it break out. But all in all, I am happy with the progress I'm making and I am optimistic for the future.

Sounds like you have a great attitude about all this! I think as long as you're patient and don't do anything too crazy to your face if you do start to break out a little later, you'll get through this adjustment period no problem.

August 14

Still no real changes. Forehead just has one active pimple and the rest are drying up, thank goodness. I've never paid attentive to whether or not I breakout during my cycle so I am going to start being more observant. My cycle will start in one weekish. Also, I can't stand how the BP gives me red cicles under my eye area. I breakout on my upper checks so I need to use BP up there, but it looks like I got punched out every morning. I don't want to cover it up with makeup every morning either. If anyone is reading this and has some advice they can give about this problem that would be awesome!

Aug 16,

One new one today but it is only a small hard bump not a big read one, thank goodness! Everything else is unchanged

August 14

Still no real changes. Forehead just has one active pimple and the rest are drying up, thank goodness. I've never paid attentive to whether or not I breakout during my cycle so I am going to start being more observant. My cycle will start in one weekish. Also, I can't stand how the BP gives me red cicles under my eye area. I breakout on my upper checks so I need to use BP up there, but it looks like I got punched out every morning. I don't want to cover it up with makeup every morning either. If anyone is reading this and has some advice they can give about this problem that would be awesome!

Thanks for the advice Hopingitworks! I'm sure you and I will have clear skin one day, hopefully sooner rather than later :)

Monday, Aug 20th

So I don't think that there was a relationship between acne and my cycle, at least this month. I did get 2 new pimples before my cycle began but that is not out of the ordinary. So far there is nothing new during my cycle. I will continue to track this over the months just to be sure. My current condition is two active pimples, one blackhead and a few red marks. So pretty amazing compared to two weeks ago. It has been exactly two weeks since I started DKR and it will be two weeks on wednesday for the supplements. I still think the supplements will take at least a month to be in full effect.

Aug 22,

Week 2.2

Not much to report. I'm mid-end cycle right now. I did wake up for a few zits, but they are not big and inflamed. Current status is 2 on forehead, 2 on chin and 2 on the left side of face. I would classify this as a breakout because they are really small and the ones on my left side are just bumps, but I notice them! I have this fustrating blackhead on my forehead that will just not go away! I hate it.

Aug 28th,

Week 3

I haven't updated in a while because things are looking look and there has been little to report. My current status is clear with one active pimple (a big sucker on the top right side of my face) and a few pimples under the skin. My forehead is finally clear and back to normal. Hopefully that breakout doesn't happen again. I'm still doing DKR and taking supplements. I don't mind taking the zinc but there are so many Omega's to take. I have to take 6 a day. Plus they are about $25 for a months supply. I may stop taking them, I'm not sure. Anyone have any suggestions on this. I've only been taking them for three weeks so they probably haven't fully kicked in. My skin is looking good so they may not be that beneficial. COMMENTS?SUGGESTIONS? I find that the clearer I get the more picky I become about my skin. When I had my bad breakout 3 weeks ago and would have given anything to have the skin I do now. However, now that the breakout is over I even complain about having a couple zits. I feel like I'll never be happy with my skin, no matter how good it gets!

Aug 30th,

Well my mini breakout continues. I woke up with a few more spots! My total is now 4 plus a few bumps under the skin, which hopefully stay there. Right now I feel kinda nausaus because I took my zinc pill too long after I ate. Right now I am trying crushed zinc on my face. Why not. I only put it on the zits though. I just crushed one pill up and used water to make it stick. I am leaving it on for 1/2 hour. Maybe this breakout is related to my period somehow. maybe I don't breakout before or during but in fact after. This is something I will keep an eye on. I can't think of any other reason why I broke out. I've been doing everything else the same. I had Burger King on the weekend, but surely that is not the cause. I don't think eating fast food once in forever would cause such an adverse affect.

Aug 31st

Still have a breakout. But I think the zinc on the face helped last nighed. two of the bumps I had went down significantly. However, the active pimples did not change in size. I am going to continue to use this and maybe I'll be on to something. But again, I'm only putting it on my zits. The next time I have a pimple coming up I'll put it on to see if it stops it in its tracks. Here's Hoping!

Sept 3rd,

Well, things arn't great. I have a breakout on my forehead! One big one and 3 bumps. Grrrr, it makes me mad when I get breakouts where I never do. Other than that, I have a few pimples on my cheeks. All in all, I'm not pleased. I start school tomorrow and my goal was to have my acne under control ie 2 pimples or so. I can't say that I have achieved that goal and that is dissapointing. I am going to start drinking ACV (2-4 tablespoons) per day along side the DKR. I really hope that helps.

All the best Jforres1. Hope that the ACV along with the DKR gives you much success!

Good luck ;)

Sept 5th,

My face is looking better. My forehead is still broken out but the rest of my face is doing well. I'm still taking ACV orally, not sure if it has contributed to my progress at all. I am going to subsitute the moisturizor I've been using for Aloe Vera. Well, in the morning I'll still probably have to use some mosturizor on the really dry spots. I got organic pure aloe vera so it should be a top of the line product. There is no additives which I like. I don't expect the aloe vera to get rid of my pimples but it is supposed to have beneficial healing properties and helps with scars. So hopefully it will help fade my red marks. I am going to start with it tonight and use it every morning and night. Well, hopefully night as well, depending on when I get home. I also read that zinc can take up to three months to work so I am going to be more patient with that. I have dropped the Omega 3. I know they are beneficial, for more than just acne, but I can't afford to take 6 pills every day. That would be at least $20 a month just on that vitamin, plus the extreme cost of using so much BP. As a student, I have to draw the line somewhere! So my new updated regime is as follows

Daily

DKR- day and night with Oxy 2.5 BP and aloe vera (with mosturizor as needed)

50mg of Zinc daily and multivitamin

2 tablespoons of ACV orally per day