Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kyle

Dan, etc....Newbie Question!!!

I just began the regimen 3 days ago. My problem area is limited to my chin, with occasional blemishes on my neck and sideburn area. My acne has never been severe, but after starting the regimen, it seems to have slightly worsened, lest one thing, NO large blems! I find that after my shave the BP is too much for my sensitive skin to take. anyway, some questions.

1. Will to much BP actually worsen my small zits and make them more visible and red??

2. Is it OK to skip the BP in the morning for the time being?

3. My skin is so oily that I always found moisturizers to worsen my skin, except for extreme conditions such as winter winds, or when i have to take 2 to 3 showers a day. So is it okay to skimp on the moisturizers?

4. What is an example (including how much of the dosage to up and when) of how much BP to use for a beginner with senstitive skin?

To all those who reply,

Thank you

KYLE

Guest fatman_uk

Well, i used to have no problems round my chin an when i started the regimen i put BP/moisturiser on it an it dried up an i started havin breakouts EVERY day, an im talkin 8-10 zits jus in the middle of my chin, it was gross an hurt like hell! :D

But now i have zilch probs coz i use only moisturiser on that area.... i dont know what to suggest since u DO have a prob on ur chin an i didnt... apart from maybe use a very small amount of BP there, if any... :?

-Gaz

Hi Kyle,

I'm not an expert, but I'll give a go at your q's:

1. Will to much BP actually worsen my small zits and make them more visible and red??

I just want to offer one piece of advice for you. If you want to get clear then you shouldnt skip the morning BP application. I used BP all through high school, but just at bed time...and I had acne all through high school. All im saying is that for me, just applying at night wasnt enough to make my face better. Maybe for people that hardly have any acne at all, but if you always have spots on your face then youll need to use it twice a day.

Guest fatman_uk

Yeah, if the spots were there b4 u started on the BP then it wont be the thing i suggested, but if its appeared/got worse then i might be.

-Gaz

thank you to all who wrote back thusfar!

Since the last time I wrote, I have cut way down on the BP. I started with at least 3/4 of a finger morning and night. Now I'm down to 1/4 a finger at night at a small small amount in the morning. (keep in mind my only problem area is my chin and part of the lower sideburn area) My skin seems to be responding well. I am seeing slow results and will continue to slowly up the BP till my skin can take it.

thanks

kyle