Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what do the UK users use?

i am wanting to start the regime but do not actually know what products to use if in the UK.

What cleansing, BP and moisturizer do i use and where can i buy it online?

thanks

Hiya mate,

These are the products I use: get yourself down to your local Tescos and buy:

1) An Extra Mild wash by Johnson and Johnson

2) Oxy On-The-Spot 2.5% BP cream

3) E45 Moisturiser

All of these can be picked up off the shelf. If you don't want to pay for these separately, you can include them in your weekly/fortnightly shop. The esimated cost of these are as follows:

1) £3.00

2) £4.15

3) £3.00

Total=£10.15

The cream will last you a week at maximum, the moisturiser and wash will last you about two weeks each, perhaps more if you use them sparingly, but I wouldn't use the moisturiser sparingly as you will need it when using generous amounts of BP!

Hope this helps you - and good luck!

thanks mr.keys!

but i was using e45 before and i found it left my skin very shiny looking. Do you or anyone know of a moisturizer that is mattifying and can be used on the regime?

thanks

oOw..thanks guys!

off to superdrug tomorrow then. smile.gif

is there anything that can get rid of (effectivley) the marks left after acne?..I dont mean the red marks but the darker spots. Which i beleive is called melatonin..??

thanks

Guest Lylat uk

just want to fill a gap in your knowledge. Nivea visage is about the best moisturiser for the regimen. E45 has oil in it AND THAT IS BAD NEWS FOR ACNE. anything with oil is a IS BIG NO NO. U want something that says pil free and non comedogenic

Guest Lylat uk

oil ulay. I recommend being very careful with that. there was a big cover up or something not to sure on the details. a lot the products and others like it sed oil free and non comedogenic on the bottle but in fact it was just to get to buy the product. There is a massive market for acne and a lot of companies more than willing to take advantage of u.

Be careful and stay clear ppl

Nicky

I see you can get Cetaphil cleanser from pharmacy2u.co.uk... although it's the 'non irritating one' i've ordered two of them

I'll be using that aswell as oxy on the spot, previously I used the nuetrogena on the spot but it was quite expensive as it had to be shipped over, plus it took a good few weeks to come... i'm not sure what I prefer just yet, they are both totally different.

I'm using simple moisture cream however I don't like it at all... i've got some eucerin stuff coming over soon, I had good results with that previously

There does seem to be a lack of choice and availability of moisturisers that are non comeodogenic oil free and don't contain any anti acne product ie SA. I would recommend Neurtogena clear pore moisturiser for not causing breakouts but i only use this on my forehead where i don't use product as this does contain SA. I wouldn't put this where you use BP. I would go with the advice someone else said of non comeodogenic and oil free. I would think the E45 to be a bad idea for most, but saying that if it works for you then great!!!

I'm trying the nivea visage so will let you know how it goes, would be interested to know about the olay one, is it oil free and non comedogenic and if so which one is it?

Thanks

Urban Rites Face Relief is a great moisturizer. it leaves no shine after about 15 minutes from applying. it is the best at moisturizing i have used and it has prorectors from the sun, has some vitamins in and is alcohol and fragrance free. although it doesnt say non-comedogenic on it or oil free it does not break you out, atleast it hasnt for me and quite a few others that recommended it to me. you can buy it from sainsburys in the mens shaving bit.

There does seem to be a lack of choice and availability of moisturisers that are non comeodogenic oil free and don't contain any anti acne product ie SA.  I would recommend Neurtogena clear pore moisturiser for not causing breakouts but i only use this on my forehead where i don't use product as this does contain SA.  I wouldn't put this where you use BP.  I would go with the advice someone else said of non comeodogenic and oil free.  I would think the E45 to be a bad idea for most, but saying that if it works for you then great!!!

I'm trying the nivea visage so will let you know how it goes, would be interested to know about the olay one, is it oil free and non comedogenic and if so which one is it?

Thanks

I've started using E45 recently as I also have eczema on my neck. It makes a great body cream as well so I use it for my hands throughout the day at work. I'd never use it on my face though as it is very thick but other than that, it's a very good non-greasy cream.

I'm also using Olay's Total Effects with SPF and whilst it hasn't caused me any problems, I must warn those that want to try this version that the SPF will make you very pasty looking. If you have very dry skin, it will also get underneath flakes and leave a white residue. I would use it again though as it has UVA protection and isn't a problem when my skin isn't too dry. Also has a very pleasant smell!

I've been using Salicylic acid and BP products together. My skin must be indestructable lol.

Right now I'm using Clean & Clear cream cleanser thingy- don't like it too much though. I'll switch to another salicylic acid cleanser when this one's finished.

I've been using Quinoderm 5 almost since the beginning of when I started the regimen- much better than oxy on the spot, and a lot cheaper.

My moisturiser is Garnier Synergie pure sebum control moisturiser - best one I've used for controlling shine. It also contains salicylic acid.

This regimen has kept me pretty clear except for that time of the month when I tend to get a couple spots here and there.

Just wondering why Oxy on the Spot is supposed to be much better than everything else?

What about these other products on http://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk

Panoxyl gel, Panoxyl cream, Oxy 10, Oxy 5.

The difference between Oxy on the Spot and regular Oxy just seems to be 'Direct Action'. What does this mean? Is the only real difference between the 2, the fact that one is 2.5% BP and the others are 5/10% BP. Surely if 5 and 10% BP don't dry out your skin then it's better to use this over 2.5% because the BP will be lasting longer throughout the day and more likely to penetrate and kill more angry acne?

I see you can get Cetaphil cleanser from pharmacy2u.co.uk... although it's the 'non irritating one' i've ordered two of them

I'll be using that aswell as oxy on the spot, previously I used the nuetrogena on the spot but it was quite expensive as it had to be shipped over, plus it took a good few weeks to come... i'm not sure what I prefer just yet, they are both totally different.

I'm using simple moisture cream however I don't like it at all... i've got some eucerin stuff coming over soon, I had good results with that previously