Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sammyd

I asked this in moderate acne but perhaps I belong here?

First it was just bumpy skin, then full on pus spots and boils under the skin. Now around 12 weeks into my acne journey (I never had it before) it has evolved into full on purple/black looking blood spots under the skin. On pressure they can burst with blood and clear liqiud a plenty(gross I know).

Does anyone else get this? How do you also treat scarring. I am going to get roaccutain on Thursday but I hear it can take ages to heal. i am doing the regimen but it is not working that well for me clearly.

How do I feal with this? i dont understand why there are pockets of blood under my skin. It is so infuriating and depressing.

S

I have the exact same thing.

I never had skin like this but after using Proactiv it literally burnt my skin and brought on cystic acne. That was 3 years ago and still my skin has gotten worse.

It is sensitive and painful and looks awful.

I think the pockets of blood is because the skin is so thin where you have burst the cyst that it hasnt had time to heal properly - and when it does, it is tight skin that is really sore and itchy anyhow.

Trust me I know how frustrating and depressing it is.

I've been to 2 dermatologists already who made me feel even more depressed and awful and its taken me this long to work up the courage to see a third dermatologist.

I am hoping to go on Roaccutane too.

I hope it works out for you!

Thats what I had. I had to drain the puss and blood everyday :( I worked in a job that had major stress, so it was alot of stress on me, which my acne evolved into that. I moved to another job, which was less stressful, and calmed down. I think you should stop being tense, and calm down without worry.

As for scarring, I have scars, but really small ones. It should be fine, the one that made a mark and a more noticeable scars were those big tight boils, you shouldnt scar that much, it will be like pop marks, rather than big ones than you would expect.

It was frustrating, but that was 3 years ago for me, when my derma told me, I would have to try accutane, and no more antibiotics. I didnt follow his directions because accutane had really bad side effects, like blindness. So, I lived with it for a year and a half until I started to calm down and my skin cleared up.

I know how it feels, It made me sad when I was at work, and had to drain something from my cheek, and had to be in my cubicle in 15min. I couldnt chew, I couldnt smile, I couldnt make any facial expressions or something would just bleed out :(

Have you tried antibiotics? those cleared me up couple months at a time. Although, it was a quick solution to a problem, that problem aways came back though.

First it was just bumpy skin, then full on pus spots and boils under the skin. Now around 12 weeks into my acne journey (I never had it before) it has evolved into full on purple/black looking blood spots under the skin. On pressure they can burst with blood and clear liqiud a plenty(gross I know).

Does anyone else get this? How do you also treat scarring. I am going to get roaccutain on Thursday but I hear it can take ages to heal. i am doing the regimen but it is not working that well for me clearly.

How do I feal with this? i dont understand why there are pockets of blood under my skin. It is so infuriating and depressing.

S

Thank God somebody knows what I am talking about- the thin skin thing makes sense. Acne is crippling when it affects your confidence like this. Its a shame that pnly after 3 years yours is starting to clear. Then again there is no simple cure.

At this point I will do/take anything. It has actually affected my personality and I am not as outgoing and confident as I always was.

Anyway I am going to go to the derm and make damn sure I dont leave without roaccutane.

Dont fear the derms, remember without you they have no career- know your rights and dont be afraid of telling them what YOU need rather than the other way round.

Hope it goes well for you too

People say I am mad when I tell them the side affects of roaccutain- i joke that I will be bald and blind but with IMMACULATE SKIN! It makes me laugh anyway, better than crying I suppose.

I know its hard to chill when your skin stresses you out, it is a vicious circle really. Apart from my skin my life is pretty good. And in the bigger scheme of things it is know big deal but its hard to be positive about it when your plagued by boils.

I have tried a few kinds of antibiotics none of which have worked so far and I dont have the patience to try any more. There has not even been a slight improvement in 2 months or so.

Seriously though accutane may not be a bad idea for you if yours is like mine. Very few people get the side effects.

Anyway thanks for responding to me. x

Thats what I had. I had to drain the puss and blood everyday :( I worked in a job that had major stress, so it was alot of stress on me, which my acne evolved into that. I moved to another job, which was less stressful, and calmed down. I think you should stop being tense, and calm down without worry.

As for scarring, I have scars, but really small ones. It should be fine, the one that made a mark and a more noticeable scars were those big tight boils, you shouldnt scar that much, it will be like pop marks, rather than big ones than you would expect.

It was frustrating, but that was 3 years ago for me, when my derma told me, I would have to try accutane, and no more antibiotics. I didnt follow his directions because accutane had really bad side effects, like blindness. So, I lived with it for a year and a half until I started to calm down and my skin cleared up.

I know how it feels, It made me sad when I was at work, and had to drain something from my cheek, and had to be in my cubicle in 15min. I couldnt chew, I couldnt smile, I couldnt make any facial expressions or something would just bleed out :(

Have you tried antibiotics? those cleared me up couple months at a time. Although, it was a quick solution to a problem, that problem aways came back though.

well, thanks.. but my skin cleared up really good, all i have are red marks on my cheeks, and small scars on my cheeks.

It feels really good when my skin hurts for a while, and i think im getting a boil or cyst, and after a day, it is a white head.

Another 1 or 2 years, all the redness should disappear, is what people are telling me.

I hope your skin calms down. You should take a pic of your skin, its been so long since ive had that, Im glad my skin returned to normal.

i've experienced what you described. severe acne is a beast, but mine cleared up with accutane.

I consider myself pretty tough but today I came home, took my make up off and sobbed my heart out. My skin is so red/purple/lumpy/dry/congested that I cannot imagine it will ever completely heal. I got to have a positive mental attitude but its hard.

I feel ugly and no matter how often my mum/boyfriend/friends say I am beautiful I don’t believe it. Anyway its not how you look to others but how you feel in yourself and I feel positively shit.

Anyway on the positive side I am seeing a derm privately tomorrow morning at 9am.It will cost me £160 for the privilege and I am frightened that he will find some way NOT to give me accuatain.

I am not on the pill but I am not pregnant either. I heard that you have to be on the pill for 1 month (if you’re a chick) and have an all clear pregnancy test. Well I am going to tell a white lie and tell him I am on the pill and take a test and do it there to prove I am all clear.

I will beg at his knees for the acne cure if I must. I am just dreading that he will try and send me on my way...please please dont let that happen.

Anyway my boyfriend dearest is driving me into town so I can go see him bare faced and avoid the humiliation of going on the tube without my mask on.

Keep your fingers crossed for me please x

at least you have support from someone who cares about you.

when my acne was at it's worst, i didn't have support from anyone...not even from my own family.

thats true... support can put things into perspective. perhaps you should make your feelings more known to others around you... if they care about you they should support you. Its a fact girls in general are more vocal than guys about how they feel.

thats true... support can put things into perspective. perhaps you should make your feelings more known to others around you... if they care about you they should support you. Its a fact girls in general are more vocal than guys about how they feel.

I've got to say I do believe that guys with acne are worse off. As you say it is not deemed as acceptable to let your feelings known and on the more physical side at least girls can plaster the makeup on and wear their hair down.

More male support needed me tinks!

I've got to say I do believe that guys with acne are worse off. As you say it is not deemed as acceptable to let your feelings known and on the more physical side at least girls can plaster the makeup on and wear their hair down.

More male support needed me tinks!