Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Midnite8

Anyone Try Septra before?

Has anyone had success taking Septra? I heard it's the 2nd best and is like Accutane.

Actually I just got some. Well the generic version of it "Septra DS". Called Sulfamethoxazole / TMP DS TAB.

My sisster got it for her UTI, but I'm gonna start taking two a day.

Has anyone had success taking Septra? I heard it's the 2nd best and is like Accutane.

Actually I just got some. Well the generic version of it "Septra DS". Called Sulfamethoxazole / TMP DS TAB.

The Accutane bit was for the other poster.

You are filling someone else's prescription to take for yourself? That is illegal. That is all I shall say anymore.

Oh well...yeah it is. But my mom refuses to take me to the dermo. I don't really have another choice. Our county only has one dermo, and he's only in once every couple weeks...plus it costs an insane amount. I don't have that kind of money.

I know that doesn't justify it, but I don't really have any other choice. :(

Oh well...yeah it is. But my mom refuses to take me to the dermo. I don't really have another choice. Our county only has one dermo, and he's only in once every couple weeks...plus it costs an insane amount. I don't have that kind of money.

Jesus christ, what a lame excuse.

Book an appointment

I took it years ago.. for 3-4 months.. was so awesome, it was powerful, I was cleared in 2 days!!!! but I had alot of side effects, minor really comes with all antibiotics.

My skin was severe, boils on my cheeks that if you pushed hard enough it bleeds, i had acne, white heads, black heads, cystic acne on my chin and mouth area.

I took minocycline, tetracycline.. alot of antibiotics, it was the only thing that made my skin clear in the day.

hi midnite, i just got prescribed septra. My derm. said it's best for mild/moderate, non-cystic, persistant acne. That's what i have, i agree with Wynne Accutane is a form of vitamin A and septra is a sulfur treatment. my derm said accutane works best with cystic acne it can work for non-cystic acne but the chances of it coming are higher Did you get prescribed septra?

well my advice is to stick to one regimen for at-least 2 months, 4 to see max. results to determine whether is works for you or not, also i've researched that alot of antibiotics are less effective the second time around to make sure you follow doctor's orders and be consistent the 1st time around. Best Wishes and Good Luck!

You are filling someone else's prescription to take for yourself? That is illegal. That is all I shall say anymore.

So how do you find out if you're allergic to this without taking it, seeing, and dying? lol.

It should be illegal how they want to murder people without health insurance. Why pay $150 for pills, when you could get them for a fair, $30?

I know it's the Terms and rules of the website to discourage, and direct people towards the righteous path of being suckered, but c'mon.

You know in your heart, it's wrong for them to make you choose to look like crap, or pay some absurd amount of money. Those drug companies paid MAYBE 3 dollars in production costs to make that Bactrim. Meanwhile they want some outrageous amount of money....Corp America. They own the Government. I basically, would help anyone in need of something, not look at them with $$$$ symbols in my eyes. That's all i have to say. I believe everyone can relate, and sympathize with me.

It should be illegal how they want to murder people without health insurance. Why pay $150 for pills, when you could get them for a fair, $30?

I know it's the Terms and rules of the website to discourage, and direct people towards the righteous path of being suckered, but c'mon.

You know in your heart, it's wrong for them to make you choose to look like crap, or pay some absurd amount of money. Those drug companies paid MAYBE 3 dollars in production costs to make that Bactrim. Meanwhile they want some outrageous amount of money....Corp America. They own the Government. I basically, would help anyone in need of something, not look at them with $$$$ symbols in my eyes. That's all i have to say. I believe everyone can relate, and sympathize with me.

Bactrim and Septra are brand names (two different companies) for the antibiotic that is an amalgam of Trimethoprim and Sulfamethoxazole. Nothing to discuss about that. Two different manufacturers, same drug essentially but not called "Bactrim Septra." Either one, not both.

I remain in opposition to the promotion of illegal procurement of legal prescription drugs as do MOST people who work in a medical field. Nothing you say can or will change my mind on that.

i have been on bactrim for about 3 months now and it has done wonders. The only thing i am worried about is what will happen once i am totally off it in a couple of months(derm is lowering my dose to 1 a day, then 1 every other day, then off of it), and i am afraid that my acne will once again return once i am off bactrim. :(

hatemenow, i'm worried about the same thing, i've only been on septra/batcrim for a little over a week but i'm seeing a small improvement and i'm worried that once i get off all the acne will come back or be worse, the derm said i could use retin-a-micro to keep acne at bay but i'm not sure if that'll be enough, are you using any topicals right now? or washes?

hatemenow, i'm worried about the same thing, i've only been on septra/batcrim for a little over a week but i'm seeing a small improvement and i'm worried that once i get off all the acne will come back or be worse, the derm said i could use retin-a-micro to keep acne at bay but i'm not sure if that'll be enough, are you using any topicals right now? or washes?

Bactrim and Septra are brand names (two different companies) for the antibiotic that is an amalgam of Trimethoprim and Sulfamethoxazole. Nothing to discuss about that. Two different manufacturers, same drug essentially but not called "Bactrim Septra." Either one, not both.

I remain in opposition to the promotion of illegal procurement of legal prescription drugs as do MOST people who work in a medical field. Nothing you say can or will change my mind on that.

Nothing you say can or will change my mind on the illegal procurement of prescription drugs. If you feel like writing more, go ahead. I won't read it.