Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

surgury????

is it possiable to get surgury to get rid of red marks, i dont really care how much it costs. If not surgury is there some thing along those lines, like some ssorta overnight treatment or week treattment or somthing ????

First and foremost, realize it's going to take A LONG time to reduce the redness in your scars.

My dermatologist recommended for me to use Mederma. I used it for a little while when my face was clearing up nicely and then stopped because my face broke out (NOT because of the Mederma). So I am waiting til it clears again and then will continue Mederma again.

I also bought, but haven't really put much effort into trying Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Acne Mark Fading Peel. It's a mask you put on and wash off 1-3x per week. Like I said I haven't really consistently used it yet... but it's an option.

I have never heard of having surgery done to get rid of redness in acne marks. I think the most the average person would do is lasers, as it is the most logical and effective way of getting rid of the excess blood vessels thats causing the redness (for some red marks, not all).

If they were to surgical remove red marks, the only way for them to take out the redness is to cut your skin open and stitch it or replace problem areas with a skin graft... thats way too risky for something like red marks, even if it is as bad as it is for some of us.

ok thanx pplz, so how many times would i have to do this laser thing before my marks are gone???

ok thanx man, ill looks into some sorta places around my city to see if tthey do it, but before i do that can the laser thing go wrong and make my skin worse in anyway or is it 100% safe??

I thought I should throw this into the equation... I had laser surgery sessions in London for my red marks and they reduced only about 10-15% at most, and cost £100 a time. I had them weekly for about three months. That's a LOT of money - that's what desperation does to you! In my opinion, it's definitely not worth it for such a mild reduction. I would look at alternative methods first if you can persevere and realise that this will take time. There are a huge number of cheaper methods to try out first. Apple cider vinegar, pure aloe vera, bio oil, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, emu oil, sea salt, vitamin e, tape peeling, glycolic acid skin peels, sudocrem, topical skin lightners... to name but a few. Just take the time to do a bit of hunting around the red marks section, and put together a regimen for yourself. You'll be surprised how well some of these simple things have worked for so many people. I hope this helps - in my experience laser surgery is NOT worth the money you pay.

I thought I should throw this into the equation... I had laser surgery sessions in London for my red marks and they reduced only about 10-15% at most, and cost �100 a time. I had them weekly for about three months. That's a LOT of money - that's what desperation does to you! In my opinion, it's definitely not worth it for such a mild reduction. I would look at alternative methods first if you can persevere and realise that this will take time. There are a huge number of cheaper methods to try out first. Apple cider vinegar, pure aloe vera, bio oil, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, emu oil, sea salt, vitamin e, tape peeling, glycolic acid skin peels, sudocrem, topical skin lightners... to name but a few. Just take the time to do a bit of hunting around the red marks section, and put together a regimen for yourself. You'll be surprised how well some of these simple things have worked for so many people. I hope this helps - in my experience laser surgery is NOT worth the money you pay.

I dont know about that.... a session each week for 3 months straight? Thats about 12 sessions in 90 days.... what laser did they use? I think 2 weeks is usually the minimum length of time you need to recover between most laser you would do for red marks....

What Im trying to say is, dont be discouraged about lasers until you have tried it. Especially lasers designed towards red lesions like the vbeam, they usually cost very little and they do provide results after a few sessions.