Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JenMyMy

Try the urine thing...it works

Hey I was just going through my old acne shit cleaning it out since i decided to take the tane plunge and I noticed that proactive's toner has urin as an ingredient, maybe you guys should try using that instead since from earlier posts someone had stated urin and urine are the same thing?

I wonder if it would help with dermitits, or eczema? I have tried every otc and prescribed meds by the Dr. and it only works for a little while then comes back. I don't really break out much any more just a few here and there, but this stuff is driving me nuts! Any suggestions from anyone? Thanks. Elf

My skin is looking better every day! I am seeing improvements on the left over pigmentations and redness day by day...they are the most aggravating now...takes so long for them to disappear! The vitamin C helps a lot. The urine is HUGE for improving my skin, I thought I would never find something that worked for me. Plus, I feel so great knowing that I don't have to use any chemicals or products to get my skin to clear up. That is saying a lot, too, because my skin is resistant to BP and became immune to Proactiv.

UT ROCKS!

so the first time i heard about this treatment, my roommate and i laughed, a little shocked and somewhat disgusted. but the more i think and read about it, the less gross it seems. i just tried it for the first time a few minutes ago, and it was a little difficult to get over the idea of putting my pee on my face, but i am usually pretty open-minded about homeopathic remedies... and i'm sick of wasting money on harsh products. i hope this helps, since nothing else seems to. i'd probably categorize my acne as moderate, although to me it feels severe. i'm so frustrated after dealing with it for about 8 years. anyways, i had a couple of questions.

do you find it's best to use fresh urine for each application, or can you use the same batch throughout the day if it's kept in something?

how long does it take the smell to go away? i really don't want my boyfriend to come home and notice i smell like urine, and i after putting it o, i honestly can't tell if the smell is gone or not.

i'll repost and let you know how things are going. either way, thanks for writing a post about something many people would probably find too "embarrassing" to admit.

Guest Mander_Pie

I found this thread randomly when I was having a "low" day, and searching for something, ANYTHING that I could try to help me with my skin. I have never taken prescribed drugs. By choice, I will not ingest anything other than vitamins and minerals to assist my acne. All my potential solutions have been natural products.

I had never tried Urine Therapy before, until about 2 weeks ago. I read and read every opinion on this thread. Then I went nuts and obsessed over Urine Therapy. Read nearly everything available online, scanned books stores, and spoke with various holistic health practitioners. The amazing benefits of Urine Therapy will blow any educated, and open mind.

I began a regime that works with my schedule, and my needs. The VERY first morning after completing an evening regime, my face was smoother, brighter, and existing acne has decreased in size, and inflammation.

After about 5 days, I noticed that there was some slight break out, but from what seems to have been under the surface to begin with. Within about a week and a half my skin looked amazing. There were still a small handful of acne, but my skin was tighter, clearer, and moisterized. I mean, it really reversed damage from previous attempts to clear my skin.

I am at the two week mark, and everyday is better. The first morning urine is best. You can store it for a few days and use that. For me it seems to work better than fresh urine. If you take supplements like zinc, b, a and c, the results are even better, as urine is essentially 95% water and the other 5% is vitamins and minerals that the body cannot intake.

I hope people can let go of the ingrained belief that urine is this terrible thing. It's healing benefits are incredible (just read!), and the word is spreading. Don't not try it out of fear. Don't not educate yourself out of fear. Our bodies are here to help us live. Urine Therapy, as sick as it may seem to a scared mind, is one of the best things you can attempt if you are sad, embarrassed, or depressed by your own reflection. Good Luck!

NEW UT USER AND PROUD OF IT

what up. 26, male, long time sufferer (face/back/mind). have tried the usual arsenal over the years: proactiv, bp, glycolic, acv, tea tree oil, honey, aspirin, baking soda, green tea, diet change, etc. the only products i regularly use are dan's cleanser and the proactiv refining mask.

i am 2 days in using UT. tried it once before (meaning only one application) last summer but that was all (was going through the panic of trying something different every day). my goal is to use UT for at least three weeks no matter what. i decided that if i post, i will be more likely to keep with it (so keep on my ass please).

thus far...face feels quite fresh, and def less oily than normal. others had said it tingles, but the sensation i feel is very very light. i'm using morning urine with cotton rounds. also, i usually get mad dryness when i go heavy on the proactiv refining mask (i leave it on overnight for better results) but the first urine application of the day knocks that out proper.

one more thing. i just started (again) taking a mega multi-vitamin which is packed with nearly everything (lots of zinc and vit C). while taking this, my urine is mad yellow/green (which is due to the excess vitamins which my could not take in). i'm thinking this may help make my urine more rich. to any of the other UT users, do you take a multi? noticed any difference?

i apologize. one more thing. this site is wonderful (i've been creepin' on it for the last year or so and finally decided it was time to become a member). and thanks to Jen for starting this thread and sharing her experiences. much appreciated.

i shall return with updates.

Update:

My skin is looking SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better...just repairing the residual marks now. I feel so happy to have read this post and to have tried the UT. I still lay urine soaked cotton pads on my skin 2X a day and let them sit for about 10 minutes (after I wipe my skin about 4 times)...this REALLy speeds up the process.

I also take a multi-vitamin with super greens and lots of powerful antioxidants. I also started eating pumpkin seeds daily as they are REALLy high in Zinc and Manganese, and I still take 1 EmergenC drink a day, which has 1000mg vitamin C and also Zinc. I think these help along the healing process alot and help to get and keep my skin clear. I also take Chaste berry to help with my hormones and occasionally eat coconut oil.

A HUGE thing I have done is to stop dairy completely. I had been eating yogurt daily, but since I decided to forgo all dairy my skin has gotten better quicker.

On another note, I found a wonderful concealer...I had been having trouble before with make-up caused break-outs even with the UT. I started using Almay's Clear Complexion concealer and powder. It seems to not give me any new break-outs and now my skin can continue to heal from the UT without being disrupted by make-up break-outs.

I love Urine Therapy. My skin always feels nice, smooth, and refreshed afterwards. I no longer need to put anything on my skin...no moisturizers or anything...and I have even taken to using urine on the skin around my eyes, which has reduced my dark circles and eliminated my need for eye cream. I find UT a relaxing part of my day and look forward to it:)

Urine heals!!!

this is day 3 of my UT. some results are def noticeable. face is less red and less oily than usual. appears to be no new surfacings. did a steam before my final urine application of the day. felt fantastic. so far, skin feels much much cleaner. back is still in really bad shape (it's tough to tell, but spots seem to be shrinking if ever so slightly).

i'll post again soon.

I'm not so sure about putting peepee on your face to clear up your acne, but I am sure about stopping using junk cleansers, and placing chemicals on your mugs to stop your acne...it just ain't gonna work, trust me on this one!

Hi, I've been applying morning urine to my face at least twice a day for the past few weeks and it's definitely helping, although the past few days I've started to break out again, but I think it's due to the time of the month. Will have to see if it stays any better controlled than usual. Do any females find they still break out once a month even with the urine application?

Also, I noticed that a lot of you are using the urine as a moisturiser as well, but when I tried to cut out the moisturiser my skin went horribly dry. My skin is extremely oily but also dries out easily too, it's weird. I'm even using just water to wash with, then the urine, but I still need a moisturiser. Not sure if this is hindering the progress at all. I've researched UT and read a lot about urine's moisturising properties, so I don't know what's wrong with mine lol.

day 4 of UT:

keeping with it. overall redness seems to be less (both face and back). i'm soaking with the pads as well. turn over rate on surfacings and white heads is a lot faster than usual. love the fresh feeling.

i just started the piss treatment yesterday

man, what a placebo effect!

i THINK my face looks better

maybe its all in my mind. :dance:

i got a nice jar of golden liquid here. smells like beeeer! for real

I am a 27 year old female and have had moderate acne ever since I hit puberty. I have all kinds of acne--cysts, inflamed pimples, non-inflamed bumps, blackheads. Dan's regimen is the treatment that has worked best for me over the years, but the dry skin, bleached clothes and hair, and the lengthy process made me abandon it about a year ago.

I started the urine thing about a week ago. I noticed an almost immediate improvement in my skin's appearance. I had had quite a cystic outbreak on my chin area for a couple of weeks preceding my first use of the urine. The cysts seem to have calmed down.. they are still lingering, though. I have gotten a few new pimples in the past week, but they have healed relatively quickly and maybe haven't been quite as inflamed.

I've been applying the urine a lot... pretty much every time I pee, which is a fair amount b/c I like to stay well hydrated. I have only been washing my face with a mild cleanser before the morning and evening applications. Today it seems as though the little, non-inflamed bumps are worse than usual... so I might try washing before each application... and maybe only applying three times a day. (i don't want to be washing my face too much.) I was also thinking that maybe just rinsing my face with water would be sufficient for mid-day applications.

I also think I'll try using morning urine all day, except the refrigeration will be tricky. I live with my SO, and he will definitely ask questions if I start putting something strange in the refrigerator... hmmm.

This is the first time I've ever posted on here, even though I frequent this site. This is the first time I've ever felt I could really endorse a method.. and it's only been a week! I hope it continues to get better. I love the simplicity, natural-ness, and free-ness of this method! I'm very much a minimalist, and having to buy lots of skin products, spending lots of time applying them, and having to carry around multiple skin care products when traveling definitely didn't fit in to that minimalist lifestyle.

Thanks so much for posting your experience, Jen. It's been really helpful to read about someone's methods and results. Hopefully I'll have more good news in a week or so. And one question for you: did you have little bumps on your forehead before you started the UT? Just wondering if this will do anything for those.

That sounds kind of weird to me since urine is what comes "out" of your body. In other words, why put something in your body that was meant to come out in the first place? Plus your body's urine is a way of purging the body of toxins. Why are you going to apply toxins to your face???

Hi,

I am pregnant and my acne has become worst. Even BP is not working. I would like to try urine but not sure if i should use it during pregnancy. Tried to search a lot on net but couldn't find anything. I am too embarrased to ask my gynac. If anybody has tried it during pregnancy so please share ur experience.

Hi,

As i was very eager i searched the thread and found someone applying it during pregnancy.

So statred it two days back. I feel my face looks better but i think too early to conclude. I hope i get good results by end of this week.

Thanks Jen for giving us hope.

It's been about 2.5 weeks now. I have gotten a few new pimples in the past week, but nothing too bad. the bumps on my forehead are a bit worse. I'm hoping that's just part of the clearing process. No miracles yet, but no disasters either. I'll keep using it and will report back in about a week. good luck to everyone.

our bodies are equipped with all the necessary ingredients to heal itself. humans existed on the planet for HOW long before technology came into play? they had no proactiv, tazorac, mino, or any of that junk before, and yet somehow, they survived. how odd!!!!!! (not really).

i praise this post, and anyone who tries to see the natural side of healing. it takes much patience and may not be for everyone (as a stand-alone therapy) but this is surly believable and a definite no-brainer to me.

cheers

Not too sure about putting in on my face, especially if one has a significant other who may be kissing the face. But, as for it's homeopathic values, I believe you. I think that people with athlete's foot are told to pee on their feet in the shower to cure it. Also, you are supposed to pee on your feet if you are using a public shower and don't have shower shoes to keep from catching yucky feet stuff. I'm not joking, either.

my 2 week UT experience (26, male):

used it everyday (3 times plus) for two weeks. seemed to work extremely well the first couple of days. after that, my skin would become really oily and would produce a great number of white heads multiple times throughout the day (a ton more than usual).

i stopped applications 2 days ago and have just been using cold water and DK's cleanser to wash, nothing else. the UT applications really did wonders on eliminating the redness on my face (which is now a lot more obvious, since the oil isn't nearly as much cuz i stopped UT).

MY VERDICT (based on my experience): UT is definitely worth trying. i wasn't happy with all the extra oil and whiteheads during these two weeks but it worked wonders on evening out the color of my skin. i don't plan on using UT on a regular everyday basis, but will keep it in my arsenal for possible temporary future use.

Hi, I've been applying morning urine to my face at least twice a day for the past few weeks and it's definitely helping, although the past few days I've started to break out again, but I think it's due to the time of the month. Will have to see if it stays any better controlled than usual. Do any females find they still break out once a month even with the urine application?

Also, I noticed that a lot of you are using the urine as a moisturiser as well, but when I tried to cut out the moisturiser my skin went horribly dry. My skin is extremely oily but also dries out easily too, it's weird. I'm even using just water to wash with, then the urine, but I still need a moisturiser. Not sure if this is hindering the progress at all. I've researched UT and read a lot about urine's moisturising properties, so I don't know what's wrong with mine lol.

Hey Popple

I still break out before "that time of the month", but I find it is more manageable with the UT. I only get 3 or 4 isolated pimples rather than general all-over acne.

I also have oily skin that is dry (especially since it is dead winter right now). What kind of cleanser do you use? I use SpectroJel (similar to Cetaphil) since it is the only cleanser that doesn't make my face feel tight and dry after. I use minimal makeup so these extra gentle cleansers are good enough for me. After cleansing, I use the UT which, in addition to managing my pimples, helps balance my oily/dry skin. I generally leave it at that, but sometimes when my skin is a bit flaky I still use a moisturizer over top. I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream to moisturize.

I'm skeptical becaue your hair is basically made out of urine. And if thats on your face it can lead to Acne. Hmm

BWAHAHA LOL AHHAHAHA hair has nothing to do w/ urine hahah

and your hair does not give you acne either....it's the oil from you hair that clogs your pores.....that's funny..

also from leeping lizards

"Plus your body's urine is a way of purging the body of toxins. Why are you going to apply toxins to your face???"

because you are secreting it doesn't mean that it's toxic waste. we secrete toxic waste from our skin ..sweat etc...Urine is just what our body has left over and goes "whooops ..well don't need that"..It's just excess ...water hormones enzymes etc...

HmMmM i might have to get this a try..i am really interested in this ..and just want to see if others have tried it and seen any results...

It's been another week, and I must say that my skin looks pretty good. I think the few pimples i had last week were indeed due to the monthly cycle. The forehead is the one area that's not clearing. The little bumps persist. I hope that they are just taking longer to clear because they're more deeply embedded. We'll see.