Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im the opposite. If I do that then my skin just stays the way it is :a bunch of pimples. Yes, I havre tried it before, though I was reluctant to do it. I could have been experimenting and being a few steps closer to finding my perfect regimen.

Unless I sweat, then it just gets even worse, no matter how much water I use or what temperature. I'm gonna try that new regimen clean and clear has come up with (they say 100% people got clearer skin, so im thinking, why not a try?)

Im an early bloomer, so I've been breaking out since I was 8.

Not only am I an early bloomer, I'm preety slow to -_-. So I could end up dealing with this thing until im 20 :( Hopefully It'll clear up with the clean and clear thing.

Well, I've decided to give this a try.

I've tried a bunch of different things within the last year and a half or so including ACV, Acne.org Regimen, Botchla's method, and a dermatologist's recommendations (3% BP cleanser, Clindagel, and Nicomide-T cream).

Overall, the derm's method seemed to be the most effective, but it still didn't keep me completely clear.

The Acne.org regimen just made my skin extremely irritated, red, dry, and completely inflexible. Not to mention, it left my face looking red and irritated months after stopping it. (And yes, I followed extremely closely to what Dan recommended, so I don't think I was doing it wrong.) It did keep me pretty clear, but red marks took forever to heal and like I said, my face just didn't look very good overall.

I've recently stopped using BP and washed with only water for about a week, and shaved with an electric razor. Hardly any new spots came up, although recently my forehead and chin have got a few small whiteheads appearing. I decided yesterday to use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser to wash my face because I decided to shave with a razor and shaving cream.

This morning, I showered and dried my face and then decided to try applying Cetaphil directly to my dried skin and leaving it on throughout the day. I'm not sure that really made a difference so I think I might go back to washing with water in the morning and then shaving at night with a razor and using Cetaphil as a shaving lubricant and then gently wash the rest of my face with it too.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. Let me know if you have any suggestions and hopefully I'll be able to come back and post some positive results. :)

You know, so many people say "nothing works, nothing works, nothing works" - maybe that's becuase nothing is supposed to? When you try a new regimen, you have to wait...what...4-5 weeks before actual patterns start to work? So why not give this a try for that amount of time. I'm guilty of doing what many of you do, slack off because you don't feel like going to wash your face...you say something like "ah, I'll dab a TON of BP on it later, that'll stop any zits from popping up" but face it, it doesn't work. I think letting your face clear itself for a few weeks will be promising. :)

I've been doing a form of this....

Well, you can see what I do from my signature. I have to use a little cleanser at night because I wear makeup, but I'm trying to wean myself off of the makeup. And I do struggle with clogged pores, so I'm using a BHA, and tretinoin at night, but no antibiotics or anything.

All I can say is, my skin has never felt better. Before, it always felt irritated and like I was trying to maintain a delicate balance between dry and irritated and moisturized and greasy. Now I can feel that my skin is hydrated, but it's not an oil slick. I'm not inflamed and red, nor am I dry.

Skin = happiness

Well, this method definitely shows some promise. My skin was clearing up quite well with just washing with water or not washing at all.

However, I do have small bumps that have formed on my forehead and I'm not quite sure what the cause of these are yet. Also, I have broken out a couple times around my chin due to shaving. For some reason my skin always gets irritated when I shave... I feel that shaving is good because it would effectively exfoliate my lower face but it seems to always cause breakouts as well.

I think I might look into the baby brush exfoliation method unless anyone else has any suggestions on this.

Hopefully it'll get better soon! The winter usually isn't too bad for my acne, probably due to the fact that I don't sweat as much. I swear I end up sweating sitting still in a 70 degree room. It sucks. :(

Good luck to everyone else trying this method!

hey danzel,

im in the EXACT same situation as you are.

i just went away to a friends cottage and my acne from just one week of doing nothing has changed.

i currently take 15mg of zinc twice a day and fish oils. I just vistited a naturpathic doctor and she recommended a mix of herbs. I was wondering how this went for you. Was there a big initial breakout and how long did it take for the past acne marks to subside. Because i went on it for about 4 days and my acne got alot worse so i stopped. however, im thinking about doing it again is this a good plan?

thanks mate

why are you thinking of switching to the baby brush method?

and yeah- will you post the link to the cloth please?

and how long did it take you to clear?

did you have an initial breakout?