Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey people,

I haven't been on these forums in a couple of months, simply because, I've found (for my self at least) the answer to my acne. I simply don't use ANY acne products anymore... not even cleansers.. NOTHING...ZILCH. All I do is wash my face with water.

I realised that over the 3 or 4 years that I've been using Acne products, my skin has been deteriorating, and then came to the conclusion that the chemicals in acne products were literally killing my skin. Particularly benzoyl peroxide. My acne situation was moderate.. and I was feeling so bad about my skin. Then after going to a naturopath... I was taking herbs and not having dairy for about 3 months. This diet was really hard.. I missed having snacks and treats now and then. So i decided.. hey.. ill just go back on my normal diet. Then.. I decided to not use any acne products at all to see how that works.

I've been without acne products for about 2-3months at least... and my skin has been looking the best since SOOO long ago. Right now, I do not have ONE single active pimple on my face. However, Im still working on improving my general complexion... because you can still notice some red marks.. however the red marks also improved DRAMATICALLY since i stopped the acne products.

I sometimes just use a microdermabrasion cloth to exfoliate my skin to promote healing of red marks.

Just give it a try... let your acne products sit in your cabinet... and let your SKIN BREATHE! Wash with cold to warm water (not hot preferrably.. as this dries out your skin) day and night... and you should be on your path to having clear skin. I know many of you will come out and say "oh well your just lucky, it worked for you, my acne can't be cured" etc etc, but really, don't you think that all these acne companies wouldn't be making much money if their products cured acne, because then you wouldn't have to rebuy.

Acne products ruin your skin... just let them go.. and give your skin a chance to breathe. Give it at least a few weeks to work. You might have an Initial breakout.. but thats normal.. its like your skin is "detoxing".

Good luck!

I see posts like this all the time.. And it's great! But, it most likely won't work for a girl with bad acne that wears foundation and coverup everyday to her job.. Or for anyone with the more severe forms of acne.

I'm very happy to read that your life has changed though. I genuinely hope your improvements continue.

Congratulations on finding what works for you! That route did not work for me. :(

I hope you continue to enjoy clear skin and happiness! :)

Hey people,

I haven't been on these forums in a couple of months, simply because, I've found (for my self at least) the answer to my acne. I simply don't use ANY acne products anymore... not even cleansers.. NOTHING...ZILCH. All I do is wash my face with water.

I realised that over the 3 or 4 years that I've been using Acne products, my skin has been deteriorating, and then came to the conclusion that the chemicals in acne products were literally killing my skin. Particularly benzoyl peroxide. My acne situation was moderate.. and I was feeling so bad about my skin. Then after going to a naturopath... I was taking herbs and not having dairy for about 3 months. This diet was really hard.. I missed having snacks and treats now and then. So i decided.. hey.. ill just go back on my normal diet. Then.. I decided to not use any acne products at all to see how that works.

I've been without acne products for about 2-3months at least... and my skin has been looking the best since SOOO long ago. Right now, I do not have ONE single active pimple on my face. However, Im still working on improving my general complexion... because you can still notice some red marks.. however the red marks also improved DRAMATICALLY since i stopped the acne products.

I sometimes just use a microdermabrasion cloth to exfoliate my skin to promote healing of red marks.

Just give it a try... let your acne products sit in your cabinet... and let your SKIN BREATHE! Wash with cold to warm water (not hot preferrably.. as this dries out your skin) day and night... and you should be on your path to having clear skin. I know many of you will come out and say "oh well your just lucky, it worked for you, my acne can't be cured" etc etc, but really, don't you think that all these acne companies wouldn't be making much money if their products cured acne, because then you wouldn't have to rebuy.

Acne products ruin your skin... just let them go.. and give your skin a chance to breathe. Give it at least a few weeks to work. You might have an Initial breakout.. but thats normal.. its like your skin is "detoxing".

Good luck!

well congrats

but what kind of acne did u have and what condition was it in ?

i dont know wether this would work but if it did then no one would have acne .

well im gonna try just washing my face twice a day with a non-medicated gentle cleanser. i wear make up everyday and i also wake up with an oily face so therefore i need to at least briefly wash my face twice a day. im a little nervous because the last time i tried something like this (gmr)- i had terrible results. i saw pretty good results with sa however i was still constantly getting new breakouts and i did experience purging(which was no fun) and bp was horrible and bleached my hair and caused cystic acne(which i had never had before). im really doing this because im just tired and frustrated and dont know what else to try on my verrrry sensitive allergy prone skin. hope this works.

Hey Daniel,

What brand of microdermabrasion cloths do you use and where do you get them from? Also, do you think you're staying clear partly because of the cloths? I'm really interested in trying them out to help get rid of red marks. Do you recommend them?

I'm happy to hear your water only regimen is working out for you. I found something that works for me too and I'm clear and have been clear for almost two months now :)

At the moment I'm doing pretty much the same.

Although I am applying a few bits and bobs, mostly aloe and ACV. That's all~ And it is really helping. BP killed my complexion a bit.

I used to use all kinds of cleansers and creams and they never worked. My skin got better once I started using nothing but Purpose.

I'm still working on my complexion. I have this rough patches throughout my face, and they're the same areas I used to put SA or BP creams.

I wouldn't recommend people use nothing but water. That doesn't exactly clean the face. But use a mild soap with very little ingredients in it.(IE- Purpose). Then once you use that LEAVE YOUR SKIN ALONE.

Every time I switch acne products that don't work (I give each a few months at least unless they're really horrible to me), I give my skin a little rest period where I will only use water to clean my face for a few days. The problem is, my skin suddenly becomes worse and I have a major breakout. I suppose it's because I still haven't grown out of my acne yet.

Congrats!! But I'm too chicken to try something like this :lol: plus I think my regimen's starting to work. a few years ago I did try using just Cetaphil to wash my face and my skin didn't turn horrible, but didn't become better too. I was just lazy because it was a pretty mild phase...

well congrats

but what kind of acne did u have and what condition was it in ?

i dont know wether this would work but if it did then no one would have acne .

This is how I got my skin clear too!!! I used acne products from age 19 to 25 and in the end it made my skin worse and gave me moderate acne when my acne used to only be mild! I finally realized there wasn't something wrong with my skin but that the crap acne products were causing the acne! I'm 26 now and for the past year I only use water to wash in the morning and cetaphil at night to remove makeup. My skin looks so much better and I only get small spots once in a while now. I also use pure aloe vera and apple cidar vinegar cause they are all natural and make my skin look and feel nice. My face feels and looks healthy now! I wish I would of stopped using all that junk sooner but I'm lucky I figured out on my own the cause of my acne and luckily I don't have severe scarring!

hm, i would try that but my regimin is working good for me,

and how would girls who wear buckets of makeup to cover there acne get there makeup off, they'd have to scrub and that wouldn't be good,

glad your skin is better though!

Glad it has worked for you. Unfortunately without DKR my face breaks out but hoping I'll grow out of acne one day so I too can stop.

I don't understand how the water method can possibly work.. I mean, if you wash your face with water only, your skin won't be clean and your pores will get clogged. How old are you? acne can go away naturally so maybe that's what's happening to you?

How do you think people cleansed their skin a long time ago? I hightly doubt the people centuries ago all walked around with acne because they didnt have these modern cleansers. My husband rarely ever washes with soap, and when he does its a very mild one. He only gets the occasional blackhead or pimple here or there, and yes he used to deal with acne. Just let that one little bump go away!

So anyways dont assume that people HAVE to use this stuff otherwise you pores will get clogged. If they do, that just means your skin has to adjust and learn to start shedding skin naturally again. It may take a while, and Im dealing with my skin either getting better or going back to the same condition but Im sure its helped my skin. I think my problem is that I was washing with too hot of water, even if it was just my washcloth. Put moisturizer on every once in a while if needed, but if I put it on every day or so I notice I start to break out a little and also my skin gets oilier if I do use it. If youre too scared to stop using everything, just start using it less frequently.

And another thing, its the best aging preventative out there rather than any other cream or whatever. His mom has such beautiful skin at 40 something because she not only doesnt have any wrinkles but not any fine lines either. She didnt use sunscreen although she doesnt sit in the sun much now that shes older but Im sure she went out a lot more when she was younger. And she lives in the middle east where the temps get to 120's or higher. .

You're lucky that the water only method works on you, but I started getting acne even when I wasn't using any cleansers. Nowadays, it's impossible to wash my face without using soap. I can literally still feel the greasyness if I scrub my face with water.

that's awesome! i did something like this for awhile and my skin did A LOT better too. i decided to go back on a modified dkr though because i was still breaking out on my chin and along my jawline. it wasn't as bad as it was before, but still.... ugh.

How do you think people cleansed their skin a long time ago? I hightly doubt the people centuries ago all walked around with acne because they didnt have these modern cleansers. My husband rarely ever washes with soap, and when he does its a very mild one. He only gets the occasional blackhead or pimple here or there, and yes he used to deal with acne. Just let that one little bump go away!

So anyways dont assume that people HAVE to use this stuff otherwise you pores will get clogged. If they do, that just means your skin has to adjust and learn to start shedding skin naturally again. It may take a while, and Im dealing with my skin either getting better or going back to the same condition but Im sure its helped my skin. I think my problem is that I was washing with too hot of water, even if it was just my washcloth. Put moisturizer on every once in a while if needed, but if I put it on every day or so I notice I start to break out a little and also my skin gets oilier if I do use it. If youre too scared to stop using everything, just start using it less frequently.

And another thing, its the best aging preventative out there rather than any other cream or whatever. His mom has such beautiful skin at 40 something because she not only doesnt have any wrinkles but not any fine lines either. She didnt use sunscreen although she doesnt sit in the sun much now that shes older but Im sure she went out a lot more when she was younger. And she lives in the middle east where the temps get to 120's or higher. .

I agree about the water thing. I read on some website this girl had to keep some spring water in her bathroom because her skin would dry out or just get icky from regular tap water. I think people should just deal with it until it goes away (that is in there teens when you cant really control it) because they're going to be dealing with it for a longer time if they start using stuff on their face and disrupting the natural cycle.

What if I am 15 years old and have raging hormones... do you think the water washing method will work or will I have to incorperate some kind of cleanser?

Doesn't work for me ugh. I do think though that lots of ppl try too many things at once and end up making their skin too sensitive and irritated.

But I had severe acne as a teenager and there was no way that water would have done anything for that.

Ugh I just stopped Tazzy for like a week cuz I ran out and now I have acne all over my face.

Just washing my face. I'm sure people back then had acne as well. Just no one really cared...not to the extent that we see on this forum. I see a lot of member pictures and there acne isn't that bad...it wouldn't be noticeable in person.

Also maybe we have more sugar in the diet plus hormones that they inject in cows which get in our dairy products.

I don't understand how the water method can possibly work.. I mean, if you wash your face with water only, your skin won't be clean and your pores will get clogged. How old are you? acne can go away naturally so maybe that's what's happening to you?

Doesn't work for me ugh. I do think though that lots of ppl try too many things at once and end up making their skin too sensitive and irritated.

But I had severe acne as a teenager and there was no way that water would have done anything for that.

Ugh I just stopped Tazzy for like a week cuz I ran out and now I have acne all over my face.

Just washing my face. I'm sure people back then had acne as well. Just no one really cared...not to the extent that we see on this forum. I see a lot of member pictures and there acne isn't that bad...it wouldn't be noticeable in person.

Also maybe we have more sugar in the diet plus hormones that they inject in cows which get in our dairy products.