Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joey.

Aqua Glycolic [Ends Acne. Ends Red Marks]

So my derm's treatment worked, but I moved off to college and her bitchass won't let me refill the prescription without a consultation, which obviously cannot happen as I am in an entirely different city, with no vehicle (parking on campus is impossible). So, while I wait these next two weeks to see my new dermatologist, I'm trying this out.

This is day one. So far, I've used it once. Cleansed before shower, jumped in, wet my face and did the second part of the cleansing, then rinsed. No stinging, although I'd get a little twinge every now and then. Face is looking pretty red. I'm optimistic, though, I felt a lot of dead skin falling off in the shower while I was rinsing. We'll see.

Day two. Same as yesterday. If I'm not mistaken, I think I've seen a very, VERY slight, yet visible change in my left cheek. Ever so slightly lighter red marks. Which I have in spades.

Edited by Kirbatha

Im afraid this is not working for me I been using it for 3 weeks and havent seen improvement Ill stick with it more time though Ill share with you my overall results.Im using the cleanser and toner thats all nothing else.

Well, it's been a little over a week. I've seen a change in the color of my red marks, and it appears that they are, indeed, fading. Much faster than they would have without this product. I won't get my hopes up, but this does seem to be helping.

I have an appointment with my new dermatologist next Wednesday, and I'm going to attempt to convince him to give me Amnesteem (I've been through two dermatologists so far with every antibiotic under the sun given to me, as well as several topicals. I think he might see it my way.)

I used the toner last summer, but stopped in the winter because it dried my skin out too much (I think...)

Will this be okay to use if you have sensitive skin? My derm. says I don't have rosacea, so the redness must just be from sensitivity (my friend gave me a back massage and within 5 minutes my back was RED).

I remember when I did use it that it would turn my face red and did sting a little, but nothing unbearable.

If you want something a bit stronger, try jan marini bioglycolic cleanser. Same exact ingredients but higher glycolic acid content.

I have just started using this cleanser. Its certainly helping the outer layers to peel faster than normal.. only used it for 2 days so its still early days. i'll keep this post updated.

also - for anyone interested, i think that the reason this wont work for everyone is that everyones acne is different (obv) in the sense that, for some, this AHA will be powerful enough at a surface level, but for others they need BHA that will penetrate the pore lining and unclog it deeper down.

my regime is

aqua glycolic morning and night

exercise

no dairy (i'm lactose intolerant)

fruit smoothies.

Edited by .JacktheLad.